Let The Playoffs (And Predictions) Begin

BillyWaz

Re: Let The Playoffs (And Predictions) Begin

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:17 pm

Cocktails and Dreams wrote:GB can win if they play very fast and pretty much abandon the run. They have an extra wide now to keep them all fresh, and they must try and tire out the SF pass rush and prevent blitzes. They try staying 50-50 it isn't going to work. But not sure Mccarthy is smart enough to figure that out.
I agree Chad. For all the credit McCarthy gets, I'm not real impressed with him.

That being said, with Justin Smith out, the SF defense is not nearly as dangerous, and it could be just enough to give Rodgers an extra 2nd or two to find an open receiver.

Looking forward to both the NFC games, but the AFC games could get ugly.....fast.

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:08 pm

Denver and New England are locks.

Green Bay will beat SF...Rodgers is in a groove and he wins it in the end.

Nobody here will pick Atlanta to win. Everyone looks at their winless playoff record under Mike Smith and how hot Seattle has been. That's fine, because Atlanta plays much better when they're not expected to win, and all the "smart" money will be on the Seahawks. But if RGIII wasn't hurt again for the second half, the Redskins would've won today. Seattle just doesn't win playoff games away from home unless there are special circumstances like that. That was their first away playoff game win in like 20 years.

For me, it's this simple: If the Falcons insist on "establishing the run" with Michael Turner, they lose. If instead they turn Ryan loose and let him run the no-huddle, they'll win. Either way, I'll be just another drunken idiot at the game... :roll:
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:49 pm

San Fran beats teams with good offenses. Good defenses seem to stop them... Wins this year vs Green Bay, New Orleans, Detroit, New England.... Losses vs Seattle and St Louis. Just like last year's victory over New Orleans, they will beat Green Bay, then lose to Seattle in the NFC finals. It will be a Pats vs Seahawks super bowl.

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:39 am

looks like NE and Denver should advance. GB will have a tough time in SF, but I hope the Pack wins. Seattle and RWilson is a great story this year, but I think Atlanta will prevail. I'd be good with GB/Atl and NE/Den championship games, followed up by a GB/Den SB. That being said, it'll probably be SF/NE in the SB. Let the fireworks begin.
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:02 am

Cocktails and Dreams wrote:GB can win if they play very fast and pretty much abandon the run. They have an extra wide now to keep them all fresh, and they must try and tire out the SF pass rush and prevent blitzes. They try staying 50-50 it isn't going to work. But not sure Mccarthy is smart enough to figure that out.
Chad you're spot on. You can sit next to me at Lambeau Field anytime with that observation!! :mrgreen: McCarthy tries to be too smart sometimes when he should just play the hot hand he has. That hot hand HAS to be Rodgers all day on Sunday, while mixing in Harris from time to time. They won't beat the Niners on the ground, that's for sure. And if we get in a shoot out with them, let's do it. I know we can't stop their ground game, so they will put up points. We have to outscore the Niners to win.

All four games should be classics. I agree, the AFC is sure set up for a New England-Denver Championship Game, but you never know. These two NFC games could go either way.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:37 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Chad you're spot on. You can sit next to me at Lambeau Field anytime with that observation!! :mrgreen: McCarthy tries to be too smart sometimes when he should just play the hot hand he has. That hot hand HAS to be Rodgers all day on Sunday, while mixing in Harris from time to time. They won't beat the Niners on the ground, that's for sure. And if we get in a shoot out with them, let's do it. I know we can't stop their ground game, so they will put up points. We have to outscore the Niners to win.

All four games should be classics. I agree, the AFC is sure set up for a New England-Denver Championship Game, but you never know. These two NFC games could go either way.
We have to outscore the Niners to win.

This type of insight has got you to where you are today Greg :lol:

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:09 am

Three rookie quarterbacks entered the Wild Card Thunderdome and only one left.

How bout that Russell Wilson? :D
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Sabretooth

Post by Sabretooth » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:55 am

Broncos vs Seahawks Superbowl that's all I'm saying.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:48 am

I picked the Packers and Broncos for the Super Bowl before the season. Still feeling good about Denver; feeling shaky about the Packers.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:09 pm

This weekend:

The run will be ok, but the pass will look wacko. Mostly because it's the time where it usually ends for Joe Flacco.

The Superbowl is the goal, and they are patiently waitin'...Being led by no other than Manning, Peyton.

Broncos win.

Crabtree, Gore, Davis or Moss? Koepernick isn't going to have anyone open to catch a toss.

Red Rover, Red Rover, take the Pack and the OVER.

GB wins

Seattle is well coached, but believe you me...There is a reason the Falcons are are 13-3.

Falcons win.

The Texans are healthy. They are gelling and tough. But this weekend is when they realize, their best isn't enough.

Patriots win.

Two kids have me watching a little too much Dr. Seuss. lol
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."