July 16th BBDS league

King of Queens

July 16th BBDS league

Post by King of Queens » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:48 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
simply as a heads up and some advantage to the comp here, SNAKE will state right here and now that when it comes to The SNAKE Classic BBDS league, anything over $707 clameros will not be spent on the 1,2 or 3 slots by yours truly as it makes absolutely zero sense...the risk simply isn't worth the reward ISHO...hehehe...SNAKE Then $708 it is! Oh wait, this is one of the few leagues I'm not in -- never mind.

BillyWaz

July 16th BBDS league

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:10 am

Originally posted by RI WORKHORSE:
Gekko......It's a hundred dollar league.also It's not how much FA money you have but what you can do with it...........Im nasty at getting those dollar players each week.....

9 more hours.............lets go.......already

Johnny I agree you probably won't be able to snag those players in THIS league for $1.

I also don't have a problem with you "blowing your wad" on BBDS, because IF you can stay healthy, you have a nice advantage over everyone else here IMO.

I'm ready for ANYTHING today, and could have a CRAZY draft strategy, as drafting from the back in a "winner take all league" (2nd place is as good as 14th here! ;) ) is going to make me take some chances, but that is what it is all about.

I mean how many people had Larry Fitzgerald AND Santana Moss, and Joey Galloway as top 10 WR's?

How many people had Steve Smith as the BEST WR?

How many had Tiki Barber a TOP 4 RB?

You might as well lay it all out there (again, especially in a winner take all league)

Less than 6 hours to go!!! :D

I wonder if Johnny is still pacing the floor??

Gordon Gekko

July 16th BBDS league

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:12 am

SNAKE will state right here and now that when it comes to The SNAKE Classic BBDS league, anything over $707 clameros will not be spent on the 1,2 or 3 slots by yours truly as it makes absolutely zero sense...the risk simply isn't worth the reward ISHO gekko will state right here and now that SNAKE will not get a top 3 draft slot in the snake classic
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Gordon Gekko

July 16th BBDS league

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:13 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:

i thought you were at a bach party?

BillyWaz

July 16th BBDS league

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:22 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:

i thought you were at a bach party?
[/QUOTE]Just got back. Damn Virginia rules down in Norfolk are really strange.

There are lap dance clubs and there are strip clubs.

Lap dance clubs serve NO ALCOHOL and all you can do is get lap dances or stand around holding your "Johnson".

Strip clubs serve alcohol, but you CAN'T get lap dances.

It was still a good time (my buddy getting married had a real fun time!), but the quality and "rules" were quite different than mine 2 years ago in Baltimore! :eek:

No hangover, so that is good. However, I need to sand the deck a bit more, and if you guys are lucky, I will be suffering from heat exhaustion when I draft tonight (about 95 right now, and the humidity is ridiculous! ;)

BillyWaz

July 16th BBDS league

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:22 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by SNAKE:
SNAKE will state right here and now that when it comes to The SNAKE Classic BBDS league, anything over $707 clameros will not be spent on the 1,2 or 3 slots by yours truly as it makes absolutely zero sense...the risk simply isn't worth the reward ISHO gekko will state right here and now that SNAKE will not get a top 3 draft slot in the snake classic [/QUOTE]No question about that! :D

BillyWaz

July 16th BBDS league

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:59 am

good luck to all and whoever gets that ONE RB and/or ONE WR late (7-10 rounds) that is going to break out in a BIG way this year (ala TJ, Joey G. and SMoss in '05) will bring home the slayed wild boar here ISHO...SNAKE Agreed Snake, but finding that player is MUCH easier said than done!

Your not always going to be able to scrape a Gado off the free agent wire.

The WR's are particularly difficult to gauge this year IMO, and although I too am a Roddy White fan, I HIGHLY doubt he will be a weekly option due to his QB and the system he plays in (just using him as an example because he fits in the 7-10 range).

Gordon Gekko

July 16th BBDS league

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:27 am

johhny - only 2.5 hours left till your lackluster draft strategy is exposed (again).