Week 4 Thoughts and Observations

bald is beautiful

Re: Week 4 Thoughts and Observations

Post by bald is beautiful » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:06 am

ForLoveOfTheGame wrote:
TR wrote:
ForLoveOfTheGame wrote:
Jack, did you see the pass to Broyles? He was WIDE open and it wasn't even close. It was like ground ball practice. Broyles looked back at him like really? Usually minimum 1 to 2 passes to Calvin that should be easy completions that aren't because of a bad throw. I'm guessing coaches don't tell #1 draft picks to work on their mechanics huh?
I did. Good example. There are even ones to Calvin where he has to stretch out way too much and they just miss. Calvin is 6"5" or whatever. Even Bobby Hoyer can throw a jump ball to Cameron, but Stafford struggles too much with touch and accuracy.

Coach JP

Post by Coach JP » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:50 am

dabird777 wrote: Likewise, Tom. I've got him in 3 of my 6 Cutlines. Mindboggling how he only gets 10-13 touches a game. The Saints take the RBBC thing to ridiculous proportions.
Have to keep in mind he is just 180 lbs and the most touches he's ever had in a season is 173. There's a reason they only use him 10-13 times a game.

TR

Post by TR » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:48 am

ForLoveOfTheGame wrote:
TR wrote:
ForLoveOfTheGame wrote:I have a few leagues where I drafted Tony Gonzalez then followed him up later with Cameron and Julius Thomas late. This week I finally decided I had to bench Tony G since the other two were averaging about 2.5 times more than him and he was playing the #1 D against TEs. Shows you what I know, SIGH. :(

As for the Lions, I've seen pretty much every snap of them since they drafted Calvin. They look good but I just feel like Stafford needs to work on his mechanics more or study more or something. I'm obviously a huge fan of him but he always misses a few easy throws every week, it drives me crazy! Any team that has Kris Durham playing this much I just can't take for real lol! Trade for Flash Detroit!!!
No way Detroit will trade for flash and rightfully so
I guess they'll just keep putting hurt or white guys across from Calvin and wondering what could be. I can't even imagine what would happen if they would actually got someone who can't be covered one on one to go with Calvin...

Well they did have Titus Young who was looking like the perfect complement for Calvin..we all saw how that worked out...u really think they would give up alot for another WR who is 1 strike away from year suspension? There are far less risky WRs they could trade for..and Nate Burleson will be back later in the season.

dabird777

Post by dabird777 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:05 am

Coach JP wrote:
dabird777 wrote: Likewise, Tom. I've got him in 3 of my 6 Cutlines. Mindboggling how he only gets 10-13 touches a game. The Saints take the RBBC thing to ridiculous proportions.
Have to keep in mind he is just 180 lbs and the most touches he's ever had in a season is 173. There's a reason they only use him 10-13 times a game.
Of course, JP. All i'm saying is that they could take it up to 15-18 touches a game with minimal risk. There's being thoughtful about it......and then there's obsessing about it. Which is what the Saints do.

Sproles has a remarkable track record of good health. The hand injury last year was a fluke that had nothing to do with "workload." Feed your best player a little more, Payton. He can take it.

particra

Post by particra » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:55 pm

Since they are 4-0, averaging almost 30 points a game, and Sproles is totally healthy...you could make a pretty good argument that they have handled him exactly the way they should have.

CoMoHusker

Post by CoMoHusker » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:51 pm

particra wrote:Since they are 4-0, averaging almost 30 points a game, and Sproles is totally healthy...you could make a pretty good argument that they have handled him exactly the way they should have.
Are you sure Sean Payton isn't staying up late trying to figure out how to get Sproles more touches to appease fantasy owners? :lol: I agree, it's tough to complain about anything the Saints have done so far this year. They've played one mediocre game on the road but got the win, their offense is almost unstoppable as it gets next to Denver, and that much maligned defense is playing pretty well.
Go Big Red!

Old School

Post by Old School » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:01 pm

Meet Seattle's new 12th man..........MATT SCHAUB