Giants at Bears

JETS SB

Re: Giants at Bears

Post by JETS SB » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:07 am

TR wrote:If he only plays 5 more years, he will have approx. 50,000 passing yards and 340-350 TDs, along with 2 superbowl MVPs and wins. He is in the hall of fame and it isn't even remotely close. I cannot believe I am even arguing this for a guy I don't like, but I see a guy who did the unthinkable twice, in the playoffs and win superbowls. And interceptions is the only argument... :lol:
Interceptions is the only argument? You must have missed his very average qb rating. Not to mention you think Ben's teams won in spite of him...nevermind he has also won 2 SBs and been to 3 SBs...now that is worth a :lol:[/quote]

Ben's teams DID win in spite of him. Never was he the best player on the field, in any of the superbowls he won or was in, which is why he never won an MVP. While Eli absolutely was.

But despite that, I never said Eli was better than Ben. All I said was that Eli won 2 super bowls with his team on his back and Ben did not. Ben was dreadful in Super Bowl XL, 9-21 123 yds and 2 INTs. He did better in the next two and the Santonio Holmes TD pass will always be a classic throw and catch. That being said, both are very close. Ben will also make the HOF, though his off the field issues may come into play. I believe he will make it.

Considering the fact that Eli has never missed a game and has accomplished what he has, there is no argument here. You can keep on throwing out numbers regarding INTs and passer ratings (both go hand in hand)... that's fine, if it makes your poor argument sound better. Eli and Ben are not great fantasy QBs.... but both have accomplished what very few have and that is really what means the most here.