Injuries

ForLoveOfTheGame

Re: Injuries

Post by ForLoveOfTheGame » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:11 pm

BillyWaz wrote:And it gets better........

Week 8 - 6 teams off
Week 9- 6 teams off
Week 10- 4 teams off

Wait to see what kind of *hit people are carting out the next 3 weeks!!! :shock:
As usual, head to head is ridiculous because if you face me in week 9 you will probably think I'm not even trying. I will probably have leagues where I start a guy on a bye because I have a million guys off in week 9 and too many that I don't want to cut. (I have one league with Calvin, Fitz, Cruz and Decker... REALLY?!?! Come on!)

You can +1 me to the Cutler comment too, think he was having the quietest top 6 QB season of all time! That was a crushing blow yesterday, I still need to break something. QB scoring is so high at NFFC you can't take a 0. I mean a terrible day is 200 yards and 1 TD which is STILL 16 points (I call that "The Brady" now hahaha). With QB scoring so high here a 0 from your QB and you are done. I have a 0 at RB every week and can overcome that but not at QB.

Oh and the Cutler injury will hurt Marshall too so its a double blow to me. SIGH. I'm not sure I can take another injury.

silas dain

Post by silas dain » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:57 pm

was pretty excited with my team in the classic, Rice/Julio/Cobb....my team is hanging in losing the two big guys but not sure how I'll do with Bess and DHB as my 3 WR's the rest of the year

BONGIZMO

Post by BONGIZMO » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:06 pm

ForLoveOfTheGame wrote:

Week 8 - 6 teams off
Week 9- 6 teams off
Week 10- 4 teams off

Wait to see what kind of *hit people are carting out the next 3 weeks!!! :shock:
As usual, head to head is ridiculous because if you face me in week 9 you will probably think I'm not even trying. I will probably have leagues where I start a guy on a bye because I have a million guys off in week 9 and too many that I don't want to cut. (I have one league with Calvin, Fitz, Cruz and Decker... REALLY?!?! Come on!)

You can +1 me to the Cutler comment too, think he was having the quietest top 6 QB season of all time! That was a crushing blow yesterday, I still need to break something. QB scoring is so high at NFFC you can't take a 0. I mean a terrible day is 200 yards and 1 TD which is STILL 16 points (I call that "The Brady" now hahaha). With QB scoring so high here a 0 from your QB and you are done. I have a 0 at RB every week and can overcome that but not at QB.

Oh and the Cutler injury will hurt Marshall too so its a double blow to me. SIGH. I'm not sure I can take another injury.
This is exactly what I was getting at, I regularly suffer through piss poor scores at RB but then you still are only down 10-15 on ave, the QB loss is crushing. Worst part is all year I have hedged with two important teams, one with Luck and the other with RG3, this week I went all in on Cutler and am paying the price as both of the other blew up. Thought I might just make the bye gauntlet of week 8 and 9 unscathed, soooooo close.

Sure going to be interesting to see what teams look like these next few weeks...
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:08 pm

basketball season starts next week!

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:24 pm

same here...everywhere i had cutler i put him in. i was disgusted all day.

couldn't wait for someone to piss me off.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:39 pm

ForLoveOfTheGame wrote:

Week 8 - 6 teams off
Week 9- 6 teams off
Week 10- 4 teams off

Funny you mention this Jared. I remember mocking in the summer and thought....DAMN, if you start with Calvin, you could easily start with 4 week 9 players. Week 9 is the one the I am interested to see the most. Gonna see what happens without kind of scores we have without all the Denver players (among all the other teams).

TR

Post by TR » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:11 pm

BillyWaz wrote:
ForLoveOfTheGame wrote:

Week 8 - 6 teams off
Week 9- 6 teams off
Week 10- 4 teams off

Funny you mention this Jared. I remember mocking in the summer and thought....DAMN, if you start with Calvin, you could easily start with 4 week 9 players. Week 9 is the one the I am interested to see the most. Gonna see what happens without kind of scores we have without all the Denver players (among all the other teams).
You just made me think of 1 of the top overall Primetime Teams I was looking at last nite mentioning what kind of scores we will have without all the Denver players. Check out the number 7 overall team, Comeback POY2...HALF his team is Broncos...Manning, Moreno, Decker, Demaryius Thomas, and Julius Thomas. I wonder if the hit he will take week 8 will affect his team that much, but more importantly do you think a team constructed like this could win the Main Event? If any team could it would be a team with all Broncos (or close to it as in this case)...CRAZY to say the least! lol

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:16 pm

I was listening to the NFL channel on SiriusXM Radio on the drive home today from Chicago and Pat Kirwan was talking about injuries. He said he keeps an unofficial tally of players on the Injured Reserve from year to year and last year at this time there were exactly 100 players on the IR. After Week 7 this year there were 192 players and he said 4 or 5 more landed on the IR today. He basically said that in exactly one year's time the number of NFL players going on the IR had doubled and it's troubling to the entire league.

Is it because of the rules changes? Are we seeing as much carnage in the college game (it doesn't seem like it)? What's the reason. It has to be a number of reasons, from rules changes to fewer practices, to bigger players, etc. But this year has definitely been the worst in NFL history when it comes to injuries.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:02 pm

Just curious, is the new field turf safer or worse than natural grass?

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:15 pm

Sandman62 wrote:Just curious, is the new field turf safer or worse than natural grass?
Reggie Wayne would like to put in a vote for "worse".