Week 8 NFFC Primetime Adds

bald is beautiful

Re: Week 8 NFFC Primetime Adds

Post by bald is beautiful » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:46 am

JETS SB wrote:
bald is beautiful wrote:The team who picked up RG3 is 3-4 and last in points. Not much to debate.
That's not the point at all
I know what the point is. Actually, it could be one of two points. 1) Its collusion. No, its not, and it is stupid to even mention it. Yes, stupid. 2) We should have the right to whine about whether he should be a free agent. That is what it is. This isn't dropping Adrian Peterson or a 1st round pick. This is about dropping a 9th round, one-read QB, coming off a ACL tear, who performed pretty poorly his first 6 weeks and could easily keep performing just like that because of his current skill set and restricted mobility.

My point changed the focus and should have ended this discussion. It obviously wasn't collusion (just like I said). Plus, nobody from our league raised this drop as a problem, and we are the ones most directly affected by any perceived potential competitive imbalance issue (ESPECIALLY me, as I'm in 1st and have very little left in free agent $).

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:19 am

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:21 pm

23 minutes gone in the Denver/Wash. game today. I trust that everyone is watching RG3 overthrow his WR's and put up his 23 yards passing so far.

ForLoveOfTheGame

Post by ForLoveOfTheGame » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:14 pm

Did he get hit a record number of times in that game? I watched the whole thing and I got in an ice bath after the game just watching it. Brutal protection. I vividly remember Peyton getting blasted like that against SD a few years ago. He was missing open receivers. Throwing picks like he was Tony Banks. And he is HANDS DOWN the greatest of all time :o . This game isn't hard, if you get pressure the QB WILL make mistakes.

Calling him a 9th rounder is completely inaccurate to me. That would be like calling AP last year a 3rd round pick. The ONLY reason those players were going at that point was because of the injuries surrounding them. To quote Rotoworld from this week: "If RG3 can (dice up Denver on the heels of his last 2 weeks performance), we won’t just have a QB1 on our hands, but a truly elite one." Isn't this the same player who scored the most fantasy points per week EVER for a rookie QB??? This isn't Geno Smith. He got no offseason practices in, no preseason, etc at the highest level of competition in the world. You can really only expect him to get better. I feel like if the team first in points had claimed him this thread would have a lot more posts in it and be quite heated....

I was in a league (last year I believe) where some dude went all little baby because his team was having bad luck. He cut a lot of players that had no business being cut. They weren't allowed to be added. ***I just want to know where the line is.*** And believe me I know its a tough subject. Hell I dont even think a guy like Vereen should be allowed to be added, I dont care how long he's out, and I've added him in multiple leagues this year after someone cut him.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:22 pm

Jared and others: I think folks know by now that we try not to get involved in league play too much. We aren't removing players all the time from free agent pools because they are name players or Top 100 players or guys who could have strong second halves. We let leagues play out and sometimes they turn out differently than others suspect.

Once you start removing players like RG3 from a league's free agent pool, where do you stop? The 8th ranked QB?? The 20th ranked RB? We certainly wouldn't allow any collusion in a league and we wish an owner like this would BENCH his No. 1 QB rather than cut him, but we don't remove every name player when they are cut. Yes, we watch all of the cuts and NFFC owners usually contact us if they see one that is questionable, but for the most part we do let the leagues play out.

I can't remember the last time we have removed someone in the NFFC, NFBC or NFBKC. And as for last year, the guy in that league did cut 6 or more players and we explained why we didn't remove them. I think the top player was Jay Cutler. And the league played out despite his foolishness.

Again, do we wish this owner had benched RG3 instead of cutting him in a national contest? Yes, but we don't see collusion here; we probably see frustration more than anything. Good luck all and I hope this helps.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

particra

Post by particra » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:26 pm

FYI, I'm probably cutting Eli Manning this week. And Michael Vick. Because they suck.

ForLoveOfTheGame

Post by ForLoveOfTheGame » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:34 am

I agree Greg, where the line is drawn is the biggest issue. I guess its like how many teams do you let into the Championship round? You pick what seems best and stick to it. My concern isn't collusion, it's more something like this. Lets say RG3 gets hot and gets a team that picked him up in, then wins the Championship round because he was in the one league in all of the NFFC he was dropped. That doesn't seem right to me. That's not ok to me, but hey, that's just my opinion!