QB points

Coltsfan

Re: QB points

Post by Coltsfan » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:54 am

RoadKing wrote:Billy, hard to mix you up with anyone else, LOL. Maybe I misread your roster situation and did not infer that you had a bad experience but as you are aware we do get some rule change decisions based on poor experiences.

NFFC is a 6 point QB league.

The NFFC was also a .5 PPR for RB league.

Wayne

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:57 am

RoadKing wrote:Billy, hard to mix you up with anyone else, LOL. Maybe I misread your roster situation and did not infer that you had a bad experience but as you are aware we do get some rule change decisions based on poor experiences.

Never even brought up my roster, so not sure what you are referring to.

Also, don't get your "bad experience" bases the rules changes. 3RR/KDS, and going from .5 to 1 pt per RB rec, were all decisions made for the "good of the group" and weren't reactive to bad experiences. At least that is my interpretation.

I realize that the NFFC is a 6 point league (just like it is a 2 RB and 1 flex league), but like your suggestion, I was just opening things up for discussion.

Coach JP

Post by Coach JP » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:16 am

chriseibl wrote:Even WITH TDs at 6 points per passing touchdown, the top QBs (aside from Peyton) don't really separate that much from the middle of the pack QBs in overall scoring. The difference between top RBs and middle of the pack RBs is much greater.

Josh McCown's 51 sounds like a lot... but the baseline for a poor performance yesterday, excluding Matt Stafford who had never seen snow, was about 19 or 20 points. Josh Gordon's 31 had almost as much of an impact because there were plenty of single digit poor receiver performances.
That's not really what the issue is though. As I said in my initial post you are 100% right, QB's will only average 4-6 more points than someone else over the course of the year due to the averages. Where it becomes a problem is the final three 'big money' weeks, where a 50+ point game completely changes the tide of the standings.

I have Drew Brees in my primetime solely because I thought he'd have the best chance to go bonkers come playoffs so I drafted accordingly which is really all you can do.

I do think even if we leave it at 6 points per td (which I'm fine with), maybe we should discuss pushing forward 25 yards for 1 point instead of 20. Especially nowadays when being down by 20+ is awesome and you get 200 yards of garbage time. It might not seem like a lot but for every 100 yards you lose an extra point, which could help.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:35 am

BillyWaz wrote:

Never even brought up my roster, so not sure what you are referring to.
Billy, perhaps he's confusing you for me, and this post of mine?
http://nffcforums.stats.com/viewtopic.p ... 42#p191818

I think Coach JP hit the nail on the head (along with Wayne's "standard deviation" input)... the wild ups and downs of QBs can really skew the playoffs.

RoadKing

Post by RoadKing » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:23 pm

Billy......always the last word. How's the weather?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:51 pm

Rules discussions are always healthy on our boards and sometimes they lead to changes. In this case, Josh McCown would have been the #1 fantasy QB in Week 14 no matter how many points you gave for passing TDs. Why? Because of the one rushing TD he had. At 4 points per passing TD, he would have had 43 points instead of 51. But his 4 TDs matched the 4 from Peyton Manninng, Andrew Luck and Drew Brees and were just one more than the 3 had by seven other QBs. Again, it was more his rushing TD that pushed McCown so far ahead of the other QBs than the 6 points per passing TD instead of 4.

Also, these top teams all had Josh Gordon and LeSean McCoy, which didn't hurt this week. But every week is different -- as we all know -- and things can certainly change in Weeks 15 and 16.

Again, we welcome all good discussions on rules and this is a changing game, but now is the time to honor those in the lead of these national contests and to wish them best of luck as their top scoring player from Week 14 is now on the bench for Week 15. Good luck all.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:28 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Again, we welcome all good discussions on rules and this is a changing game, but now is the time to honor those in the lead of these national contests and to wish them best of luck as their top scoring player from Week 14 is now on the bench for Week 15. Good luck all.
In other words, end the discussion... :geek:

TR

Post by TR » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:36 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:Rules discussions are always healthy on our boards and sometimes they lead to changes. In this case, Josh McCown would have been the #1 fantasy QB in Week 14 no matter how many points you gave for passing TDs. Why? Because of the one rushing TD he had. At 4 points per passing TD, he would have had 43 points instead of 51. But his 4 TDs matched the 4 from Peyton Manninng, Andrew Luck and Drew Brees and were just one more than the 3 had by seven other QBs. Again, it was more his rushing TD that pushed McCown so far ahead of the other QBs than the 6 points per passing TD instead of 4.

Also, these top teams all had Josh Gordon and LeSean McCoy, which didn't hurt this week. But every week is different -- as we all know -- and things can certainly change in Weeks 15 and 16.

What a change it will be for the Primetime Leader Team Jefferson...going from Mccown to Fitzpatrick or EJ Manuel... :o

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:57 pm

Coltsfan wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote:
In other words, end the discussion... :geek:
Why would you say that Wayne? Crazy. Discuss all you want.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:25 pm

I was just reading what you said. My bad.