Week 11 Thoughts & Observations

kingraiders

Post by kingraiders » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:43 pm

Add me to the list that the Bears ABSOLUTELY make the playoffs. At 7-3 and owning tiebreakers vs. Saints & Falcons and, er Iggles..winning games vs. KC, DEN, SEA, MIN should be locks. Haney is not bad, and I'm sure Martz is excited about the opportunity to show some creativity as the weeks progress and he gets comfortable. The DEF, Running game & Special Teams are playing at a very high level right now, and Haney is a mobile guy with a decent touch. Raiders shouldn't overlook them this week.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:18 pm

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:

And finally, does anyone else need 25 points from the Patriots' defense tonight or is it just me? :D
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:08 pm

quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:

And finally, does anyone else need 25 points from the Patriots' defense tonight or is it just me? :D
[/QUOTE]You got the 25 or 23?
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:15 am

Originally posted by The Franchise:

[/QUOTE]You got the 25 or 23?
[/QUOTE]28. :D
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:26 am

My weekly column for the Associated Press and Rotowire this week will be about how nuts this season has been with the wide receiver position. Case in point last night - Wes Welker with two catches. This has been the most impossible season I can ever recall for projecting wide receiver production. Even proven great players with great matchups are now soiling the bed on a regular basis. I can't believe there's a single person in the universe who saw Welker's game coming. There wasn't a single rational reason to expect it. But that's how this season has gone for the wide receiver position.

The Chiefs are pretty awful. Am I the only one who just isn't impressed with Jackie Battle? He's a volume back so he won't look good without it but he's an upright runner and I just don't see much there. I'd honestly go more with Jones and McCluster.

Without Matt Cassel, I think you can bail on the Chiefs offense with the exception of Bowe, who looks like he'll remain a solid WR2. I'd also consider McCluster as a RB3 in deeper PPR leagues. The Chiefs are starting to use him more and he's very explosive in space.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

da bears

Post by da bears » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:34 am

My weekly column for the Associated Press and Rotowire this week will be about how nuts this season has been with the wide receiver position. Case in point last night - Wes Welker with two catches. This has been the most impossible season I can ever recall for projecting wide receiver production. Even proven great players with great matchups are now soiling the bed on a regular basis. I can't believe there's a single person in the universe who saw Welker's game coming. There wasn't a single rational reason to expect it. But that's how this season has gone for the wide receiver position.

The Chiefs are pretty awful. Am I the only one who just isn't impressed with Jackie Battle? He's a volume back so he won't look good without it but he's an upright runner and I just don't see much there. I'd honestly go more with Jones and McCluster.

Without Matt Cassel, I think you can bail on the Chiefs offense with the exception of Bowe, who looks like he'll remain a solid WR2. I'd also consider McCluster as a RB3 in deeper PPR leagues. The Chiefs are starting to use him more and he's very explosive in space. Yeah Welker had such an unreal start to that season but you had to figure he would tail off and come back down to earth. Plus he had some of his biggest games with Hernandez hurt. It is so easy now for Brady find either Gronk or Hernandez that Welker seems like the third option at times lately.

[ November 22, 2011, 09:38 AM: Message edited by: da bears ]
Bauler Shot Caller

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:38 am

I agree it was reasonable to expect Welker to tail off a bit but two receptions? The last time he caught two or fewer receptions in a game was Week 7 in 2009 and that was a game in which Welker barely played.

Keep in mind the two receptions he got last night both came in garbage time when it was clear the Patriots were just trying to get him the ball so he'd get a couple of catches. He basically spent the entire game irrelevant. That simply doesn't happen to Welker.

[ November 22, 2011, 09:39 AM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:42 am

do these teams realise that stopping welker by doubling him doesn't actually mean anything it just makes it easier for Brady? Two of the Pats three losses this season came with Welker having big games (Buffalo & NY Giants)

da bears

Post by da bears » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:43 am

I agree it was reasonable to expect Welker to tail off a bit but two receptions? The last time he caught two or fewer receptions in a game was Week 7 in 2009 and that was a game in which Welker barely played.

Keep in mind the two receptions he got last night both came in garbage time when it was clear the Patriots were just trying to get him the ball so he'd get a couple of catches. He basically spent the entire game irrelevant. That simply doesn't happen to Welker. Yeah agreed Tom. Maybe Welker is hurt more than he is letting on...
Bauler Shot Caller

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:46 am

Originally posted by da bears:

Keep in mind the two receptions he got last night both came in garbage time when it was clear the Patriots were just trying to get him the ball so he'd get a couple of catches. He basically spent the entire game irrelevant. That simply doesn't happen to Welker. Yeah agreed Tom. Maybe Welker is hurt more than he is letting on...
[/QUOTE]Hadn't thought of that. It would definitely explain a lot. Let's see what happens Sunday against the Eagles.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich