What Does The First Round Of 2015 Look Like?

nails

Re: What Does The First Round Of 2015 Look Like?

Post by nails » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:56 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:It's never too early to start talking about Draft Day in 2015, right?

Tom and I started the conversation last night on our STATS Fantasy Advantage as the two of us had a first round mock draft. Here's how we saw the first round for 2015:

1. Jamaal Charles 18.9 ppg in NFFC
2. Le’Veon Bell 23.9 ppg in NFFC
3. Matt Forte 23 ppg in NFFC
4. DeMarco Murray 23.2 ppg in NFFC
5. Eddie Lacy 17.2 ppg in NFFC (topped 20 in 6 of last 9 and topped 26 in 3 of last 4)
6. Demaryius Thomas 21.4 ppg in NFFC
7. Calvin Johnson 18.1 ppg in NFFC
8. Jordy Nelson 21.2 ppg in NFFC
9. Antonio Brown 24.3 ppg in NFFC (No. 1 WR in PPR this year)
10. Adrian Peterson (still a great player, just needs a new home)
11. Julio Jones 20.8 ppg in NFFC
12. Aaron Rodgers 32 ppg in NFFC (Luck at 34, Peyton at 30)
Others to consider – Arian Foster, Peyton, Luck, A.J. Green, Dez Bryant

Any thoughts on this? Of course, I gave Tom the first pick (doesn't he always get the first pick? :lol: ), so he took the odd-numbered picks and I took the even-numbered picks. Was a fun exercise. What's your thoughts on the first round of 2015? Inquiring minds want to know.
My first Round:

1. Antonio Brown (safest pick in all of fantasy and i know Bell is right there, but running backs are just never safe bets no matter what).. i'd rather guaranteed production no matter what (barring injury).
2. Leveon Bell.
3. D. Thomas (if manning doesn't retire)
4. Eddie Lacey
5. D. Murray if with the cowboys
6. AJ Green (just safe )
7. Matt Forte (may move him down i think bears are going to unload him getting old) just a hunch..
8. Julio Jones (atlanta, please get matt ryan a running back and OLINE)
9. Jeremy Hill
10. if AP lands with a promising team, i'd take him here.
11. L. McCoy (they are going to improve running game and run him more next year)
12. J. Charles
Bring it on .

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:10 pm

I would assume Rodgers will be the No. 1 QB in drafts next year. Luck's the top scorer this year but I think people will view Rodgers more favorably due to the stronger weapons Green Bay possesses. But I'm wondering where the top QB will go next year. Manning went in the first round of many drafts this year. Will a QB go that high again next year or will the top ones start coming off the board in the second and third rounds like we saw last year.

Also, who is next year's Andrew Luck? Who will be the QB you can wait until the 5th, 6th, 7th and maybe even 8th round to get next year who has Top 3 scoring potential?
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:12 pm

BigBlueNation wrote: Personally, all of your Packers are a little early for me...I don't say this because they're Packers and you guys are from Wisc. I think Lacy is a little early
Take a look at Lacy's numbers since they started involving him into the passing game. Then project out those numbers for a full season. Then tell me where you would take him. :D There's no reason for him not to catch 50+ passes in this offense. If that happens I think he's a slam dunk Top 5 pick. Talented three-down RB on a team that should score a lot of points. He's exactly the type of RB I would love to build my team around.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

CoMoHusker

Post by CoMoHusker » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:30 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:
BigBlueNation wrote: Personally, all of your Packers are a little early for me...I don't say this because they're Packers and you guys are from Wisc. I think Lacy is a little early
Take a look at Lacy's numbers since they started involving him into the passing game. Then project out those numbers for a full season. Then tell me where you would take him. :D There's no reason for him not to catch 50+ passes in this offense. If that happens I think he's a slam dunk Top 5 pick. Talented three-down RB on a team that should score a lot of points. He's exactly the type of RB I would love to build my team around.
This would require Mike McCarthy to be smart enough to consistently get Lacy involved in the passing game for an entire season. :lol:
Go Big Red!

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:37 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:
Obviously... :)
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:48 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:I would assume Rodgers will be the No. 1 QB in drafts next year. Luck's the top scorer this year but I think people will view Rodgers more favorably due to the stronger weapons Green Bay possesses. But I'm wondering where the top QB will go next year. Manning went in the first round of many drafts this year. Will a QB go that high again next year or will the top ones start coming off the board in the second and third rounds like we saw last year.

Also, who is next year's Andrew Luck? Who will be the QB you can wait until the 5th, 6th, 7th and maybe even 8th round to get next year who has Top 3 scoring potential?
Good question and my response is "who knows" or maybe better than that, "who cares"? If you look at the top 12 teams in the Classic, you will not find the names Rodgers, "Peyton" Manning, Brees, or Stafford on any roster. Luck is on four teams (none in the top six). The top five teams have Flacco, Ryan, Eli, Tannehill, Kaepernick, McCown, McCoy, Stanton, Romo, Bridgewater and of course Shaun Hill, on their rosters. That's eleven different QB's on five different teams, and probably none were drafted in the first 5 rounds. Just how important is it to have a "stud" QB to win at this game.
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:09 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:I would assume Rodgers will be the No. 1 QB in drafts next year. Luck's the top scorer this year but I think people will view Rodgers more favorably due to the stronger weapons Green Bay possesses.
Isn't it true that Green Bay won't be able to keep both Cobb and Nelson? If they can't keep both, then I think Luck definitely has the better weapons. Green Bay doesn't have much at TE, and Luck has 2 good ones.

TheReckoner

Post by TheReckoner » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:11 pm

Coach JP wrote:
David U Kennedy wrote:I'd like to see my Bill's get RG3 and AP in the offseason. Sounds like they will come at a discount. They both have a lot of football left in them esp. Griffin of course. Peterson is all time great don't forget that. Bill's just need some better coaching.
The Bills are built to win now. Why would you want a project QB?

Have you seen that offense? Orton can't throw the ball 10 yards.... Not saying RGIII is the answer but they have a long way to go before they are a built to win now squad.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:21 pm

BillyWaz wrote:
Tom Kessenich wrote:I would assume Rodgers will be the No. 1 QB in drafts next year. Luck's the top scorer this year but I think people will view Rodgers more favorably due to the stronger weapons Green Bay possesses.
Isn't it true that Green Bay won't be able to keep both Cobb and Nelson? If they can't keep both, then I think Luck definitely has the better weapons. Green Bay doesn't have much at TE, and Luck has 2 good ones.
Jordy is signed already and Cobb is the No. 1 guy they want to sign from this year's team. They can definitely afford both of them and expect to re-sign Cobb to a deal maybe even higher than Jordy's.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:59 pm

Frank mentioned it so I that I would bring back this thread. The entire GB offense busted bust most of the other flops came from injuries to the specific player or else their QB.

Wayne