Possibly the worst play call ever

Don Draper

Re: Possibly the worst play call ever

Post by Don Draper » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:05 pm

Belichick went on sports radio WEEI on Wednesday and said he didn't call timeout because the personnel group that Seattle put on the field suggested the Seahawks were going to pass, which is what he wanted.

His explanation:

"We put our goal-line defense in probably around the same time they were sending in their multiple receiver group, and that’s kind of what we wanted to be in there, to make sure they didn’t run the ball in.

"... We saw that matchup and we certainly gave some consideration to taking a timeout there and leaving some time on the clock. I don’t know if that would have been a bad thing to do. It might have been a good thing to do. But it just seemed like in the flow of the game that we were OK with where we were."

LIKE I SAID GENIUS

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:07 am

Don Draper wrote:Belichick went on sports radio WEEI on Wednesday and said he didn't call timeout because the personnel group that Seattle put on the field suggested the Seahawks were going to pass, which is what he wanted.

His explanation:

"We put our goal-line defense in probably around the same time they were sending in their multiple receiver group, and that’s kind of what we wanted to be in there, to make sure they didn’t run the ball in.

"... We saw that matchup and we certainly gave some consideration to taking a timeout there and leaving some time on the clock. I don’t know if that would have been a bad thing to do. It might have been a good thing to do. But it just seemed like in the flow of the game that we were OK with where we were."

LIKE I SAID GENIUS
Let me show his quote again: "it just seemed like in the flow of the game that we were OK with where we were."

The flow of the game was that Marshawn just ran 4 yards to the 1-yard-line and even with three wideouts in Seattle could have easily run Lynch or run the read-option with Wilson for a yard, leaving this GENIUS with 20 seconds left and two timeouts. I think both coaches had brain farts in that last minute and Carroll's just stunk a whole lot more!! :lol:
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:23 am

Maybe he just decided to do the opposite of what all of us arm-chair and internet coaching geniuses - and more importantly, the Seahawks - expected him to do? :D