RULES ISSUES

Coyote Streakers

Re: RULES ISSUES

Post by Coyote Streakers » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:32 am

In the private leagues like Diamond, Ultimate, Super etc I would like to see one move as well for playoff teams. In the Diamond league last year I made playoffs and carried 6 WR's into the playoffs and I only had 3 WR's active for 2 of those weeks because of injuries and players going to the IR during that 3 week window and was scared to death I wasn't going to be able to field a starting lineup. It was just bad luck having Marshall puncture and lung and WR's like Hunter lacerate a spleen (he sucked anyways but he would have been a warm body to start :) but I happen to own guys like that on this team. It could happen to anyone and with the amount of money involved I think the 1 move would be a nice safety emergency net, so I do agree the 1 move would allow a team to make a move in case a freak thing like that happened. Plus these are private leagues so it wouldn't affect the major contests.

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:15 pm

Cocktails and Dreams wrote:
The Franchise wrote:I would like to see waiver wire pickups extended into the playoffs for playoff teams only in cash leagues like Ultimate, Super and other stand alone leagues. Not possible/fair to do it in leagues with Overall contests

I like everyone getting 1 buck and the TB going to highest regular season point scorer. Everyone gets one move in playoffs. That way the whole 1k budget can be used for the regular season, which it should be as you do not know if you are going to make the playoffs or not early on. Use the buck however you choose and rewards the better regular season team slightly. It bridges the gap between having free agency or not since it is somewhat divided anyway.

I like that idea
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

nails

Post by nails » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:55 pm

no all private leagues.. billy.
Bring it on .

nails

Post by nails » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:06 pm

I think it's more true then not,but doesn't matter.. istill think that nffc is very good.. I like the ffwc as well they are friendly.. ffpc..UGH NO..lol. however this rule change makes a lot of sense..

Chad, in these monster leagues (private ones).. if you had a perfect season, got 1st place, don't you feel as though a lot of the pot should go to you for the regular season.. still have a playoff and winner gets a nice chunk, but don't you think regular season is more impressive to win? that's my point with these leagues.. most of the $ goes into the lottery playoffs.. and if you want to do that it's fine, but open up free agency, so the skill is brought back into the mix so there is more control. lol.. this year if I had a breathing body in as QB to choose from I would have won an extra 8000.00. lol. but I was left with shit. lol.

BillyWaz wrote:
Cocktails and Dreams wrote:Simply not true on not being heard unless you spend 10k or more. I probably spend more with them than anyone and hardly anything I have ever suggested has been implemented.
Agree 100% Chad.

The NFFC is the VERY best at listening to their customers. When the vast majority want a change, and they (Greg and Tom) feel it will be best. In this case with adding free agency to private leagues in the playoffs, it appears that it is 50/50 to most.
Bring it on .

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:23 pm

nails wrote:I think it's more true then not,but doesn't matter.. istill think that nffc is very good.. I like the ffwc as well they are friendly.. ffpc..UGH NO..lol. however this rule change makes a lot of sense..

Chad, in these monster leagues (private ones).. if you had a perfect season, got 1st place, don't you feel as though a lot of the pot should go to you for the regular season.. still have a playoff and winner gets a nice chunk, but don't you think regular season is more impressive to win? that's my point with these leagues.. most of the $ goes into the lottery playoffs.. and if you want to do that it's fine, but open up free agency, so the skill is brought back into the mix so there is more control. lol.. this year if I had a breathing body in as QB to choose from I would have won an extra 8000.00. lol. but I was left with shit. lol.

BillyWaz wrote:
Cocktails and Dreams wrote:Simply not true on not being heard unless you spend 10k or more. I probably spend more with them than anyone and hardly anything I have ever suggested has been implemented.

I don't think a big % of the prize money should be given out after the regular season. I think the NFFC has it right as is. The whole point of the regular season is to finish high enough to make the playoffs. That's how the NFL does it and most PRO sports. Based on your theory the NFL in 07 should have just crowned the Patriots champions after their undefeated season. I know fantasy football is different, but still an example. The top teams get rewarded for that and then battle it out with the remaining teams (usually 4 total teams) for the rest of the prize pool. I also wouldn't call the playoffs a lottery in these cash leagues when it's only 4 teams battling for the money.

I think extending the waiver wire or allowing each playoff team 1 pickup is the best approach not changing how or how much the prize pool gets distributed. Just my opinion

nails

Post by nails » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:45 pm

if you finished a 10k entry league undefeated, and then got knocked out by a 4th place team in playoffs and they made 70% more money then you did, your opinion would change in a heart beat.. just saying..
Bring it on .

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:47 pm

nails wrote:if you finished a 10k entry league undefeated, and then got knocked out by a 4th place team in playoffs and they made 70% more money then you did, your opinion would change in a heart beat.. just saying..
I finished with best record in the $2500 Super, and 9 points of within total points. I got my $2500 back, and then my team got injuries, and others on my team crapped the bed.

I finished 4th. I am not bitter in the least. Shit happens, and I was going against 3 other great teams. Next time, I hopefully will be one of the teams that makes a run during that stretch.

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:19 am

nails wrote:if you finished a 10k entry league undefeated, and then got knocked out by a 4th place team in playoffs and they made 70% more money then you did, your opinion would change in a heart beat.. just saying..

I have been on both sides it. As long as nothing changed in the rules or payout structure from what I knew beginning of the season then nothing will surprise me and I wouldn't second guess anything or be bitter about it. It's what I knew going in so why should I complain?

In the Platinum (20k) league last year my team finished 2nd in points, 65 pts back of first and 2nd in record, 1 win shy of first at the end of the regular season and got nothing to show for it. But I knew there were the playoffs that could makeup for it. You will have to ask Glenn Lowy if he's bitter or wants the payout structure changed. He's the one that swept the regular season and "only" got 40k :roll: for best record and most points but didn't get first in the playoffs so he won less than the team that didn't dominate the regular season but got hot in the playoffs.... Is that bad luck, tough break or lousy payout structure??? IMO no it is not. It's called the game we play and I don't think it's flawed when it comes to payout structure. Your best bet is to play in a total points league that goes through week 16 based on your thought process.

nails

Post by nails » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:00 pm

we all have our opinions.. I've entered the 12 and 14 team auctions in vegas.. this year.. so im still playing..

but im also putting together a private league of my own with rules that I think are extremely fair so if any of you auction experts wants to play you let me know and PM me. but im still playing here.. that will never change.. no matter what the rules...

mike w.
Bring it on .