Mark Clayton FAAB

Shrink Attack

Mark Clayton FAAB

Post by Shrink Attack » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:17 am

I just picked him up too, and I am also leaning towards not starting him this week.

I need to start two between Collie, Clayton, and Cooley. Can't bench Collie after last week's explosion. Cooley did well last week (6/80 on 9 targets) and faces Houston who allowed 11/80/1 to TE in Week 1.

Clayton, on the other hand, has had one good week but now goes into the Black Hole in Oakland with rookie QB and probably a nice dose of shut down corner Asomugha.

Adding all that together, I'll probably leave Clayton on the bench this week, but what do others think?
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

BillyWaz

Mark Clayton FAAB

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:36 am

He will probably put up more points than MSW the rest of the way!! LOL!!

BillyWaz

Mark Clayton FAAB

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:39 am

Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
I just picked him up too, and I am also leaning towards not starting him this week.

I need to start two between Collie, Clayton, and Cooley. Can't bench Collie after last week's explosion. Cooley did well last week (6/80 on 9 targets) and faces Houston who allowed 11/80/1 to TE in Week 1.

Clayton, on the other hand, has had one good week but now goes into the Black Hole in Oakland with rookie QB and probably a nice dose of shut down corner Asomugha.

Adding all that together, I'll probably leave Clayton on the bench this week, but what do others think? Collie and Cooley.....absolutely.

Im lookin at a 20+ from Cooley this week.

Good luck Paul!!

[ September 18, 2010, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

pizzatyme

Mark Clayton FAAB

Post by pizzatyme » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:27 pm

I am leaning towards sitting him in all but 1 league. Tough to do after 16 targets last week, however.

I'm trying to decide between him or Crabtree.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Shrink Attack

Mark Clayton FAAB

Post by Shrink Attack » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:41 pm

Originally posted by Just Russ:
I am leaning towards sitting him in all but 1 league. Tough to do after 16 targets last week, however.

I'm trying to decide between him or Crabtree. You simply can't trust Crabtree at this point, Russ. Plus the Saint CB's are decent. I'd go with Clayton in this case.

pizzatyme

Mark Clayton FAAB

Post by pizzatyme » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:54 pm

Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
quote:Originally posted by Just Russ:

I'm trying to decide between him or Crabtree. You simply can't trust Crabtree at this point, Russ. Plus the Saint CB's are decent. I'd go with Clayton in this case.
[/QUOTE]I agree Paul. Just pisses me off that Crabtree was so high on my list. :mad:
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Shrink Attack

Mark Clayton FAAB

Post by Shrink Attack » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:03 pm

Originally posted by Just Russ:
quote:Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
quote:Originally posted by Just Russ:

[/QUOTE]I agree Paul. Just pisses me off that Crabtree was so high on my list. :mad:
[/QUOTE]I understand. Crabtree was high on my list too, but he never seemed to be there for me in my drafts. Looks like I might have caught a break on that one, but it's still early.

Riverdog

Mark Clayton FAAB

Post by Riverdog » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:51 pm

We had M. Clayton in 06/07 and he had an amazing run down the stretch to help us win WCOFF so I have fond memories of him. I like the sit in StL. They seem like they know they will suck and they are willing to unleash the passing game to try to stay competitive.

I bought Clayton in both mains - just over 700 and just under 700.

I like the upside. Think I am benching him everywhere this week though. Dont like his matchup and I have good options I think.

I hear ya on Crabtree ! What do you do right now with players like him or Bowe. ?
2006 WCOFF CHAMP !
2008 3rd Overall NFFC Classic, Regular Season Points Champion!
2008 and 2009: WCFF Magazine experts league Champ.
2011 Gunning for a 2nd National title

jsferenc

Mark Clayton FAAB

Post by jsferenc » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:27 pm

Originally posted by Riverdog:
We had M. Clayton in 06/07 and he had an amazing run down the stretch to help us win WCOFF so I have fond memories of him. I like the sit in StL. They seem like they know they will suck and they are willing to unleash the passing game to try to stay competitive.

I bought Clayton in both mains - just over 700 and just under 700.

I like the upside. Think I am benching him everywhere this week though. Dont like his matchup and I have good options I think.

I hear ya on Crabtree ! What do you do right now with players like him or Bowe. ? Nice work on your bid. I bid $452 and you obviously won the bid. I did get Clayton in Prime Time.

P.S. Impressive resume! I look forward to competing with you this season.
Josh Ferenc

2005 National Fantasy Football Champion. Time for the sequel!

If it's worth doing it's worth overdoing!

HIROLLERJR

Mark Clayton FAAB

Post by HIROLLERJR » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:48 am

$3 :D