What Does The First Round Of 2016 Look Like?

The Franchise

Re: What Does The First Round Of 2016 Look Like?

Post by The Franchise » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:02 pm

ForLoveOfTheGame wrote:
The Franchise wrote:My prediction of the 1st round next year......

1. Antonio Brown
2. Julio Jones
3. Odell Beckham Jr
4. LeVeon Bell
5. Dez Bryant
6. Devonta Freeman (Bust)
7. DeAndre Hopkins
8. Todd Gurley
9. Allen Robinson
10. Adrian Peterson
11. AJ Green
12. Jordy Nelson
You sure you don't want to put Lamar Miller in there? ;) Cant wait to see where he goes when Dallas or New England or anywhere other than Miami signs him...

Why you playing games with my heart? If he signs with Dallas, I might just replace my Felix Jones jersey with his....... :o
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:22 pm

How would forte look on pats or Doug Martin in Dallas ? It will be an interesting offseason.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

ForLoveOfTheGame

Post by ForLoveOfTheGame » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:08 pm

BLACKHAND wrote:How would forte look on pats or Doug Martin in Dallas ? It will be an interesting offseason.
Totally agree. A few RB's that could land in the right spot and they'll easily go in round 1. They might anyway, RB's always go high. Not to mention a lot of people's first rounds have 3 players who have had surgery already or are going to (with Dez coming up). That's a lot of risk for your first round pick. I bet Cooper goes in the first round by the time the drafts actually get here.

TR

Post by TR » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:38 pm

David Johnson first round if he has big playoff run and forces cards to commit to him as feature back next year.

nails

Post by nails » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:12 pm

Antonio Brown (just the safest player on board)
Beckham (showed consistency this year and can win you a week by himself)
Julio Jones (struggled here with this pick. They have to get a WR2 and improve that line and Ryan I'm just done with but you can't ignore the numbers week to week) safe.
L. Bell. if healthy, you simply can't go wrong. i think D. Williams plays another year after such a great performance. Just make sure you get D. Williams if you take Bell. Hate having to do that but there is no better handcuff (used to be kniles davis, but next year's is WIlliams.
Freeman (just a solid PPR back but this is a decision i wouldn't want to make)
Gurley (they need a QB and Wr's) i really think he'll just get better. can't be worse offense. and he did pretty good.
David Johnson. Will be starter but i just worry about taking any RB in 1st round.
Allen Robinson. just consistent.
Dez Bryant (comeback player of the year easily)
GRONK
D. Thomas (can go so many ways here but he's still solid).
Bring it on .

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:35 pm

The most underrated guy here has to be DeAndre Hopkins. He has put up 104-1432-11 with no QB and no other offensive threats around him. This is amazing. If Houston gets a few additional weapons and/or a quarterback, Hopkins could be even better. He will be a top 10 pick in most leagues next year and I wouldnt be surprised to see him drafted top 6, after the big 3 are off the board.

nails

Post by nails » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:39 pm

Hopkins could also be a prime candidate for a let down.. i love him.. and maybe if foster comes back healthy.. but it's hard taking him in 1st or 2nd round.. i think there are safer guys, but he won me lots of $ this year..

love him in auction formats though..
Bring it on .

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:29 pm

nails wrote: it's hard taking him in 1st or 2nd round.. i think there are safer guys..
:lol:

KenGill

Post by KenGill » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:43 am

Some of these guys being mentioned are really a throw of the dart.
Call me crazy but I'd take Cam in round one before guys like Jordy Nelson, certainly before D. Freeman, even before Dez.

Who is going to throw Dez the football next year? Romo seems like he's about 50 years old and he's coming off an injury.
Todd Gurley? Bust written all over him. He had 5 good games this season, doesn't catch passes and plays for a bad team.
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:18 am

JETS SB wrote:
nails wrote: it's hard taking him in 1st or 2nd round.. i think there are safer guys..
:lol:
Nothing like a good chuckle to start the new year :lol:

I'll admit I have a biased opinion of Hopkins, but I think it's for good reason. If anyone watched all of his games, you wouldn't find it difficult taking him in the 2nd Rd next year. Watch all his catches this year. He's the closest thing to OBJ in terms of catching the ball. He had the most impressive year I have seen from a WR in a long time when you consider who the QBs were throwing him the ball. (Hoyer, Yates, Weeden)
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.