BillyWaz

RANDY MOSS TO VIKINGS

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:59 am

Originally posted by Just Russ:
Moss will catch 10 TDs with Favre

Rice is toast this season

Shiancoe will catch more passes but lose GL looks

Peterson will possibly hit 2000 yards

Harvin will get lost in the shuffle Well said Russ.....I agree on all accounts. :D

Tom Kessenich

RANDY MOSS TO VIKINGS

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:00 am

I have Favre and Moss in my big money league. I just told Greg I might be happier right now than Favre is. :D
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

pizzatyme

RANDY MOSS TO VIKINGS

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:01 am

Revis should cover Berrian who will likely be on the bench now that this trade is done.

Revis FEARS Moss!

Jets get OVVNED this week.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

renman

RANDY MOSS TO VIKINGS

Post by renman » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:04 am

I find this shocking. I don't put much value into the "it gives Moss an extra game" logic for a couple reasons. It likely will take him a couple weeks to get in sync with the Vikings offensive system and in reality he had WORSE than a bye this past Monday night since owners started his zero rather than playing someone else.

I think it helps Harvin some as coverages will have to roll toward Moss and that allows Harvin to be a PPR and RAC monster.

I can't think of why the Patriots would do this (especially if they only could get a 3rd round pick) unless they know their defense is not championship material or maybe they intend to shift into a running team with BJG.

Don't see moves like this in the NFL too often.

[ October 06, 2010, 10:03 AM: Message edited by: Renman ]

Tom Kessenich

RANDY MOSS TO VIKINGS

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:13 am

This definitely helps Harvin. He did very well last season when defenses were focusing on Rice. Now he (and Shiancoe) can run free in the intermediate zones without extra defenders hanging all over them.

The extra game for Moss is huge. It doesn't help the Moss owners who got burned Monday night but now you can start Moss for one extra game and potentially get quality production from him. I don't think he'll need much time to get on the same page with Favre. It's pretty simple - "Randy go deep and I'll throw you the ball." I expect to see that a ton now. :D
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

cdavault

RANDY MOSS TO VIKINGS

Post by cdavault » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:15 am

lets be real. after seeing farve play this year i do not think he will be able to get the ball to Randy. everyone is all like this bumbs farve up a whole lot. I just dont see it farve looks like an old man out there.

BLACKHAND

RANDY MOSS TO VIKINGS

Post by BLACKHAND » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:15 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
billy , his extra game is a road game..REVIS ISLAND That is true Frank, but isn't Moss the reason that REVIS ISLAND has been shut down for 2 weeks? ;) [/QUOTE]i think his holdout had more to do with it than moss. look at past games revis covered moss. how did he do ?
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

da bears

RANDY MOSS TO VIKINGS

Post by da bears » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:21 am

As a Brady owner in a few leagues I'm hoping that the Patriots find a way to get Vincent Jackson. They have plenty of draft picks that can be dealt.
Bauler Shot Caller

Tom Kessenich

RANDY MOSS TO VIKINGS

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:22 am

I haven't seen any serious decline with Favre. I've seen rust from missing camp, an offensive line that is struggling to protect and horrible receivers other than Shiancoe and Harvin. I think giving Favre a legit No. 1 WR will be a huge help for him. I don't think he's lost it. I think he can still play the position effectively and now he has a wide receiver who will enhance that potential and perhaps significantly.

The Packers-Vikings matchups certainly got A LOT more interesting now.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

da bears

RANDY MOSS TO VIKINGS

Post by da bears » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:24 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
I haven't seen any serious decline with Favre. I've seen rust from missing camp, an offensive line that is struggling to protect and horrible receivers other than Shiancoe and Harvin. I think giving Favre a legit No. 1 WR will be a huge help for him. I don't think he's lost it. I think he can still play the position effectively and now he has a wide receiver who will enhance that potential and perhaps significantly.

The Packers-Vikings matchups certainly got A LOT more interesting now. I agree Tom. This trade puts the Vikings in the playoffs and makes them a Super Bowl contender once again.
Bauler Shot Caller