Playoff question

benjamincarm

Re: Playoff question

Post by benjamincarm » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:09 pm

Each week during the contest, fantasy points are multiplied by the number of weeks each player has been on your roster.

This will be the second week he's on my roster.

Once one of your players is eliminated from the playoffs, you can pick up a new player for that upcoming round, but the multiplier would begin at one because you just added him to your roster.

He was not eliminated from the playoffs

I'm currently 161st and 65 points out of first. Chances are, I'm not going to come close to placing in the money. But, I didn't ask for any clarification around this rule because it doesn't need clarification. Adding verbiage to a rule isn't clarifying it, it's changing it. I understand your position and interpretation of the rules Greg, but that doesn't supersede what is written in the rules. And I have no desire to get in a message board argument or pissing match and I am not trying to make anything personal. I've really enjoyed my short time playing on NFFC and NFBC and this won't deter me from joining in the future. If by some small chance Jordy losing a multiplier does cost me any "substantial" winnings, I'll be as cordial as possible, but we'll have to pull up and discuss this in a more serious manner.

You should update the rules as well, because not everyone checks the message boards. My brother joined and had no idea he couldn't start a flex and had to start 4 RBs until he went to set his line up b/c he's not on the board. And to be honest, I am on the board and I didn't see it either until someone specifically pointed it out.

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:38 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:If you put Jordy Nelson in your lineup this week after pulling him out last week he will receive 1x his points. I'll admit that the first sentence needs to be clarified better but the last sentence is clear about what happens if you take out a player for a new one. The multiplier begins at 1x:

7. Hold ’Em Multipliers
Once one of your players is eliminated from the playoffs, you can pick up a new player for that upcoming round, but the multiplier would begin at one because you just added him to your roster.
I agree, it needs to be clarified...BTW, I vote if you drop a player after week one, and bring him back later, his first week back, he gets 2x.
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

Old School

Post by Old School » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:39 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:I'm sorry you're disappointed Paul but you asked me to clarify the rules before you set this lineup and I have. Why is this clarification any different than the Week 1 lineup you accepted?

A lawsuit to Judge Judy? Okay. But you asked me how this is going to be scored before you set your lineups and I've told you. Good luck to everyone this weekend.
Dont think you want any lawyers around this one Greg....It wouldnt end well. Im actually hoping Nelson doesnt play at this point

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:01 pm

Somebody get a lawyer? Are you kidding me? Greg clearly stated what the rules are before you put him in your lineup or not this week. These have been the rules since this game has started 10 or 12 years ago. In most cases it is not going to break your team one way or the other. In my opinion even mentioning of getting a lawyer involved is nonsense. Greg said what the rules are going to be and let's just live with it.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:34 pm

benjamincarm wrote:Each week during the contest, fantasy points are multiplied by the number of weeks each player has been on your roster.

This will be the second week he's on my roster.

He was not eliminated from the playoffs

I'm currently 161st and 65 points out of first. Chances are, I'm not going to come close to placing in the money. But, I didn't ask for any clarification around this rule because it doesn't need clarification. Adding verbiage to a rule isn't clarifying it, it's changing it. I understand your position and interpretation of the rules Greg, but that doesn't supersede what is written in the rules. And I have no desire to get in a message board argument or pissing match and I am not trying to make anything personal. I've really enjoyed my short time playing on NFFC and NFBC and this won't deter me from joining in the future. If by some small chance Jordy losing a multiplier does cost me any "substantial" winnings, I'll be as cordial as possible, but we'll have to pull up and discuss this in a more serious manner.

You should update the rules as well, because not everyone checks the message boards. My brother joined and had no idea he couldn't start a flex and had to start 4 RBs until he went to set his line up b/c he's not on the board. And to be honest, I am on the board and I didn't see it either until someone specifically pointed it out.
While I agree that the language does need updated, here is something to all those "threatening" to consider......

but the multiplier would begin at one because you just added him to your roster.

Are you not adding Jordy Nelson to your roster??? It doesn't say anything about having him previously, etc. so I could easily read that as since he is just getting put on your roster, he is x1.

RI WORKHORSE

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:33 pm

JerseyPaul wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote:If you put Jordy Nelson in your lineup this week after pulling him out last week he will receive 1x his points. I'll admit that the first sentence needs to be clarified better but the last sentence is clear about what happens if you take out a player for a new one. The multiplier begins at 1x:

7. Hold ’Em Multipliers

This rule has been in place for 12 years without an issue and if you are asking me for a clarification I am telling you right now the scoring will be done based on consecutive weeks. There's no reward for taking a player out of your lineup and then going back to him. Please plan accordingly because this is the way it's going to be scored. Good luck.
The rule you cite has nothing to do with this issue. It starts: "Once one of your players is eliminated..." . This is not the the issue at hand.

I am very sorry that you refuse to administer this game according to its written rules. I am saddened because I know you are one of the good guys. I know you are stuck because this hasn't happened before and you are not set up programmatically to handle it. Yet rules are rules. You need to follow the rules, however difficult it is, especially since the game has already started. When you changed the rule on rosters from 3B and a flex to 4RB, that was before the game began so we could decide if we wanted to play based on the change you made due to programming constraints.

The rule has been in place for 12 years, but in those 12 years this issue has not arisen. Now it has. You can't just wish it away, although that is what you have done by citing a totally irrelevant section of the rules.

You can't understand how disappointed I am with your untenable decision to make a ruling for your convenience instead of supporting the rights of players to expect games to be run by stated rules.

If Nelson plays I'm going to start him and if he has a big game, we'll find another place to continue this discussion. Perhaps Judge Judy?

I would go with judge Milian. Shes a little hotter!!!

Muuuuuhuuuuhahaha lmfao.
I.W
Johnny Frisella

JerseyPaul

Post by JerseyPaul » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:17 pm

At my age, Judge Judy is all I can handle.