Week 3 VENT Thread!

Raiders

Week 3 VENT Thread!

Post by Raiders » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:28 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko II:
Jack – no one is saying that it is ALL luck, just a lot of it.

As for Wayne having a great start, good for wayne. It must be a great feeling. I’m not sure of his high stakes track record, but I had the pleasure of hanging out with him in Vegas and know he is a good guy. So again, good for him.

If skill was the overriding factor in having three teams placed so highly in three different contests, I would think there would be about 10 super owners in the same or similar position as wayne. Are there?

Also, how many league championships does the #1 ranked LIFETIME points leader in the NFFC have? How many Top 5 overall finishes does he have? How many times has the NFFC overall champions been back to the playoffs after winning the title?

Take a look at that, then reconsider how much of the game (significant prize money) is skill driven. Marc,

Come on. I have given you alot of credit for Hamilton and other players thru the years. You are knowledgeable and my EFHutton. ;) But you have to give credit were credit is due, Wayne is in the top 5 in every Contest. I think that says something, yes it's only 3 weeks, but what that tells me is Wayne is a GREAT drafter. Now the bye weeks kick in, alot can and will happen.

My WCOFF team has LT,Welker,E.Royal and L.Robinson am I bitching NO, I still like my chances. Will I win my League, who knows? But I hit the waiver wire hard and I go with the flow.

By the way Wayne has Gore and his .40 points on his WCOFF team and he's still in the top 5. I don't hear Wayne crying maybe Bob but not Wayne. :D

Good Luck too everyone,

John

PS. Fun times this Fanstasy Football is!

[ September 28, 2009, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: Raiders ]

Gordon Gekko II

Week 3 VENT Thread!

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:33 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
I understand there is luck, Mark, but I think your frustration with injuries is leading you to discount that there is a lot more skill to this game than you are giving credit here. This is a VENT thread, what do u want!! :D

Gordon Gekko II

Week 3 VENT Thread!

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:36 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
But you have to give credit were credit is due, Wayne is in the top 5 in every Contest. I think that says something, yes it's only 3 weeks, but what that tells me is Wayne is a GREAT drafter. Now the bye weeks kick in, alot can and will happen.
i give wayne a lot of credit. that is a great place to be sitting and everyone probably wishes they were in that position. :cool:

bobsgym13

Week 3 VENT Thread!

Post by bobsgym13 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:04 am

[/qb][/QUOTE]By the way Wayne has Gore and his .40 points on his WCOFF team and he's still in the top 5. I don't hear Wayne crying maybe Bob but not Wayne. :D

Good Luck too everyone,

John

PS. Fun times this Fanstasy Football is! [/QB][/quote]

'maybe Bob' :mad:

Okay. Let's put the skill/luck debate to rest.

Each of us owns a set of dice. The least skilled owners start out with five six-sided dice and the advanced owners have upgraded some or all of their dice to eight-sided.

We all roll and the highest total wins. Increased skill earns a higher potential and chance drives the rest.

It really is that simple. ;)

Bob
Luck in FF is like a game of Russian Roulette. The BWaz's of the world only have one bullet to spin - the rest of us have two. It's still mostly luck, but ...
-By Bob (For Gekko)

Gordon Gekko II

Week 3 VENT Thread!

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:06 am

Add L.Robinson (2 of 4 teams) and K.Smith (1 of 4 teams) to the injuries mounting for Team Gekko.

Raiders

Week 3 VENT Thread!

Post by Raiders » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:12 am

Originally posted by Bob Squad:
By the way Wayne has Gore and his .40 points on his WCOFF team and he's still in the top 5. I don't hear Wayne crying maybe Bob but not Wayne. :D

Good Luck too everyone,

John

PS. Fun times this Fanstasy Football is! [/QB][/quote]

'maybe Bob' :mad:

Each of us owns a set of dice. The least skilled owners start out with five six-sided dice and the advanced owners have upgraded some or all of their dice to eight-sided.

We all roll and the highest total wins. Increased skill earns a higher potential and chance drives the rest.

Bob [/QB][/quote]

Bob,

I said that maybe you would cry nothing about Skill/Luck. :D See my point above. ;)

John

Raiders

Week 3 VENT Thread!

Post by Raiders » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:14 am

Add L.Robinson (2 of 4 teams) and K.Smith (1 of 4 teams) to the injuries mounting for Team Gekko. What's the word on these guys? I have Robinson on just about every team, and K.Smith on a couple.

John

Route Collectors

Week 3 VENT Thread!

Post by Route Collectors » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:30 am

As for Wayne having a great start, good for wayne. It must be a great feeling. I’m not sure of his high stakes track record, but I had the pleasure of hanging out with him in Vegas and know he is a good guy. So again, good for him.

If skill was the overriding factor in having three teams placed so highly in three different contests, I would think there would be about 10 super owners in the same or similar position as wayne. Are there?

Also, how many league championships does the #1 ranked LIFETIME points leader in the NFFC have? How many Top 5 overall finishes does he have? How many times has the NFFC overall champions been back to the playoffs after winning the title?

Take a look at that, then reconsider how much of the game (significant prize money) is skill driven. Gotta admit...this is a good point. I echo the "good for Wayne" cheer but honestly...if this was a big skill thing then why wasn't Wayne in this position last year...or the year before...or the year before.

Why hasn't Billy won it all...why hasn't anyone repeated in 5 years?

Why don't all the skilled owners have McGahee this year? This debate will always go on. At least it gives us something to do while we're waiting on the next game. :D

One thing I would like someone to explain though. Exactly what decision did you make this year that makes you so "skillful"?

Next question...why don't you make those kinds of decisions every year? thank god you're not my broker! :eek:

Raiders

Week 3 VENT Thread!

Post by Raiders » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:44 am

Originally posted by Route C:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko II:

Take a look at that, then reconsider how much of the game (significant prize money) is skill driven. Gotta admit...this is a good point. I echo the "good for Wayne" cheer but honestly...if this was a big skill thing then why wasn't Wayne in this position last year...or the year before...or the year before.

Why hasn't Billy won it all...why hasn't anyone repeated in 5 years?

Why don't all the skilled owners have McGahee this year? This debate will always go on. At least it gives us something to do while we're waiting on the next game. :D

One thing I would like someone to explain though. Exactly what decision did you make this year that makes you so "skillful"?

Next question...why don't you make those kinds of decisions every year? thank god you're not my broker! :eek:
[/QUOTE]Skill=Drafting
Skill-Waiver Wire
Skill=Who do I start(WDIS), each week

IF, YES IF you have two of these 3 you are skillfull, luck is having players that don't get hurt or have to playing guys like Bettis when he has 3 yards rushing and 3 Td's. Putting yourself year in year out with a chance to win is skill.

When most are doing bad they say they have no luck, when most do well they said it's all skill.

When I do well I give others the credit when I do bad I blame myself.

John

bobsgym13

Week 3 VENT Thread!

Post by bobsgym13 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:02 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
quote:Originally posted by Bob Squad:

Good Luck too everyone,

John

PS. Fun times this Fanstasy Football is!
[/QUOTE]'maybe Bob' :mad:

Bob [/QB][/quote]

Bob,

I said that maybe you would cry nothing about Skill/Luck. :D See my point above. ;)

John [/QB][/quote]

I was kidding with the :mad: and the skill/luck analogy was a separate thought.

Somebody humor me with a comment on my dice analogy.

Bob
Luck in FF is like a game of Russian Roulette. The BWaz's of the world only have one bullet to spin - the rest of us have two. It's still mostly luck, but ...
-By Bob (For Gekko)