NY SUPER.....

Spaige52

Re: NY SUPER.....

Post by Spaige52 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:47 pm

Rex Brown and I would be interested only online tho.

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:28 pm

7 in person as of now...and 2 on waitlist if we need online drafters

1) Sax/winokur
2) Billy Waz (tentative)
3) Zucca
4) Bosch
5) John Pathe (tentative)
6) Nelson Sousa
7) Mike Edelman (tentative)

online if needed
a) Jack Haan
b) Rex Brown/Scott Paige
Last edited by 76erfan on Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:34 am

Great job so far. I'm feeling confident we can get this second Super. Again, all 12 or 14 live in NY is the goal but online participants is an option so if you're interested contact me or Andy and you'll go on that list. Thanks all. Looking forward to a great weekend in NY.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:05 am

I'm officially tentative. I'm not interested in having 9 people live and 5 online.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:32 am

BillyWaz wrote:I'm officially tentative. I'm not interested in having 9 people live and 5 online.
The goal is 14 live but we need to be realistic here Billy. 14 signups for a new contest at $2,500 may not be a slam dunk. I hope it is but I'd hate to get to 10 or 11 and then have to cancel it because we couldn't find 3-4 more live but we had 3-4 who were willing to do it online.

I hope you'll reconsider but our goal here is to fill the league. The priority is to fill with everyone live in NY but I would rather have an option in place in case we can't get that rather than just killing an entire league for people who want to play.

This is also why I want a 12-team league in place as a backup. If people begin dropping out I again do not want to lose a league. So a 12-team Super is MUCH more preferable in my opinion than no league at all. But again the goal is 14 teams all in NY. A ton of time left to make that happen.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Route C

Post by Route C » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:15 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:
BillyWaz wrote:I'm officially tentative. I'm not interested in having 9 people live and 5 online.
The goal is 14 live but we need to be realistic here Billy. 14 signups for a new contest at $2,500 may not be a slam dunk. I hope it is but I'd hate to get to 10 or 11 and then have to cancel it because we couldn't find 3-4 more live but we had 3-4 who were willing to do it online.

I hope you'll reconsider but our goal here is to fill the league. The priority is to fill with everyone live in NY but I would rather have an option in place in case we can't get that rather than just killing an entire league for people who want to play.

This is also why I want a 12-team league in place as a backup. If people begin dropping out I again do not want to lose a league. So a 12-team Super is MUCH more preferable in my opinion than no league at all. But again the goal is 14 teams all in NY. A ton of time left to make that happen.

Billy is such a problem child :roll:

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:42 pm

Nah, I get it. Having an entire league drafting live is so much better than having an online connection. I get it and I completely agree with it. But again, my goal is to get a league and once we have a league then everyone is in it having fun and playing for great prizes. Ideally, everyone is drafting live in NY and away we go. The reality is that may not happen. In baseball, we had a couple of Super leagues in Vegas where the majority of people drafted online and only a few were live. Was that ideal? Nope. Did it lessen the league in any way? Not in the slightest. Everyone in Vegas had fun and now all of the teams, regardless of where they drafted, are competing in great leagues.

We have a lot of time here and the fact we're already halfway to 14 even with some tentatives gives me tremendous confidence we can get this done. But I will keep contingencies available in case we need them. If we do have to combine with some online drafters I don't think anyone will care in Week 5 if you were a live NY drafter competing against someone who was online. You're just competing and that's the fun of it.

Nothing is obviously being decided today and we have several months to figure this all out. Let's get 14 drafting live in New York and we won't have anything to worry about. That's the plan I like. :)
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:51 pm

You can take my name off the online list then.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:07 pm

I only asked to be listed as "tentative" because I saw others listed that way, and when Andy reached out to me, I said "if you needed me to fill, 90% sure I would be in". I get exactly what you are saying, Tom. I just don't want to do a live event with a lot of the participants not there. Did an Ultimate in Vegas this past year like that, and it sucked!

So you can handle it however you want to with me. If Jack wants the spot, he can have it. I'm not 100% sure I will be there that Saturday yet, anyhow.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:45 am

Understood. Thanks Billy. We'll put you down as tentative. Jack if you still want to be removed from the list let us know. Thanks.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich