draft day

renman

draft day

Post by renman » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:02 am

this is something that amazes me about fantasy football events. Every year we have to hear someone whining about how long it took. It blows my mind. The DRAFT is the single greatest day in the year for a "real" fantasy football owner/player. This day is like christmas... with great build up and anticipation. Real fantasy players put great time into preparations for their draft.

The draft is supposed to be a test of skill, knowledge and "patience" as being able to concentrate and be well organized throughout the draft is important as it leads to well balanced teams, identifying late draft talent (marques colston) and making sure your bye weeks are well managed.

What in the world could be so important to people that they feel the need to rush this ever important process and day? Part of me thinks the people complaining about the length of the draft are the guys who are there to party 1st and play fantasy football a distant second. I just never can understand why people have such short attention spans that they have to rush the draft day and somehow get it over as fast as possible... I for one get despressed when it is over...lol

D-Day Heroes

draft day

Post by D-Day Heroes » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:39 am

Fisher ... are u serious , this guy is ranked that low, and he is talking crap like that, if that don't take the cake..!
" When you are in any contest you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it. "
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

RiFF

draft day

Post by RiFF » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:43 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by F.Y.P.M:
This was my first year in the NFFC. I enjoyed my experience, but for the money invested, I thought there would be people more prepared than they were. Maybe it's me, but there were too may times in my draft that people were stunned or unprepared to pick. For a person with 16 years of experience of fantasy football, I was prepared and had back-up plans ready to cover all scenarios. Too many times people took there alotted time in the first two rounds. To me this doesn't make sense. Maybe I'm in the minority, but these people should be the best of the best and actually yhey were just mediocre. Just my opinion, but I thought it should be said. UPDATE: You're in 13th place in New York 8, and 297th out of 322 teams overall. So much for mediocre competition! [/QUOTE]Yeah, but he made his picks in a timely fashion....LOL :eek: