Nate Ravitz Chats Here Today

TURBOUGH

Post by TURBOUGH » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:20 am

Your thoughts on Chester Taylor. Will Minnesota go with one back or rotate?

NateRavitz

Post by NateRavitz » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:21 am

The second round is way too high for Bush in a normal league. In NFFC, with 14 teams and the receptions bonus, I could actually see picking him at the very end of the second, but even there is still a huge gamble.

NateRavitz

Post by NateRavitz » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:23 am

Rototimes.com started in early 2000 as an offshoot of our league manager service, TQStats. We were already doing content for the TQS subscribers and decided to put it on its own site. There were four partners in TQS, but really only three of us worked on RT. It was an insane amount of work the first year or so. We'd stay in the office until midnight working on TQS, and then stay 3-4 more hours to work on getting RT up to speed. We've come a long way to our latest redesign.

RI WORKHORSE

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:24 am

Nate.....How do you feel about giving info away to guys you will be going up against in the main event?......Also do you hold any info back?

Johnny
I.W
Johnny Frisella

NateRavitz

Post by NateRavitz » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:24 am

I also have Steve Smith as the No. 1. For the moment, I'm not worried about the hamstring. Sure, that injury CAN linger into the season, but just as often it's something that can be taken care of before it gets bad and nothing else ever happens.

NateRavitz

Post by NateRavitz » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:27 am

I really like Chester Taylor. There's a pretty good history in recent years of teams giving big money to backup running backs and turning them into stars (Priest Holmes, Thomas Jones, LaMont Jordan), and I think Taylor will be the latest.

RI WORKHORSE

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:27 am

How do you see the green bay running game turning out?......Do you see another big year from gado? Or is that just one big mess to stay away from?

Johnny
I.W
Johnny Frisella

NateRavitz

Post by NateRavitz » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:29 am

I don't hold anything back, and I don't have any problem giving away information to my competitors. This is my full-time job, and I have to do it well, because there's plenty of people who would like to take my spot. So I can't afford to hold back to get .000001% greater chance of winning prize money.

In the end, we all have the same information, anyway. The days of one person knowing something about a team that no one else knows are pretty much over. It's how you use that to put together and manage your team that counts. That and a ton of luck of course.

NateRavitz

Post by NateRavitz » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:30 am

I think Green Bay is one big mess to stay away from. I have a difficult time envisioning owning anyone on that team aside from Donald Driver.

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:31 am

Roddy White, I see 900-1,000 yard season on the horizon. Am I crazy?

He's consistently ranked in the 40's by many and is being drafted even later.....besides Vick, why isn't anyone high on him?
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL