Draft Order For NFFC Magazine II League

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:11 am

Originally posted by mgk2004:
Okay ... I may be a little dense here, but I thought in the other thread it indicated that this would be a "Draft Champions" league (that is, 26 rounds with no playoffs). But in this thread the first post indicates that it is an 18 round draft (which I guess would mean it is a "regular" league with playoffs?). The Mock Draft Central site has it as an 18 round draft. I just want to confirm which it is before going through preparations this weekend!

Thanks ... 18 rounds, same as NFFC main event format.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:17 am

Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
I'm more than happy to play in every one of your leagues. I'll give you the #1 in every one of them. If you promise to take LT in every one of them. We must use 3RR and KDS. All 12 or 14 team leagues.

My guess is that I'd fare just fine in these leagues.

I want to bookmark this thread or one like it where everyone makes their projections. It seems to me you have LT so far ahead of the field that all you have to do is get him and you win.

I'm curiuos what you project out his stats to be this year?

Also, is it remotely possible in your mind that he be very good and not great this year and finish #1 but by less of a margin that it is outweighed by 3RR?

Just curious?

And JK on everything ofcourse. ;) :D :eek: 1st, if you can find 10 players, in the case of 12 team leagues or 12 players in the case of 14 team leagues, who also are Ok with me getting the 1st pick in every league; I will be PLEASED to take the 1st pick and choose LT EVERY time, in as many leagues as you can put together. Using NFFC rules, WCOFF rules, Fantasy Jungle rules, you choose.And you choose the stakes, the bigger the better.. (other than FREE) (Using 3RR)
2nd, do I believe LT will duplicate last year's stats; absolutely not. But, I do believe, barring injury, he will against be the leading FF point producer.
3rd, I believe I can win from any slot, I just believe it will be easier from slot 1.

Let me know when you get the league(s) together. :rolleyes:

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:26 am

Originally posted by RiFF:
quote:Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
I'm more than happy to play in every one of your leagues. I'll give you the #1 in every one of them. If you promise to take LT in every one of them. We must use 3RR and KDS. All 12 or 14 team leagues.

I want to bookmark this thread or one like it where everyone makes their projections. It seems to me you have LT so far ahead of the field that all you have to do is get him and you win.

I'm curiuos what you project out his stats to be this year?

Also, is it remotely possible in your mind that he be very good and not great this year and finish #1 but by less of a margin that it is outweighed by 3RR?

Just curious?

And JK on everything ofcourse. ;) :D :eek: 1st, if you can find 10 players, in the case of 12 team leagues or 12 players in the case of 14 team leagues, who also are Ok with me getting the 1st pick in every league; I will be PLEASED to take the 1st pick and choose LT EVERY time, in as many leagues as you can put together. Using NFFC rules, WCOFF rules, Fantasy Jungle rules, you choose.And you choose the stakes, the bigger the better.. (other than FREE) (Using 3RR)
2nd, do I believe LT will duplicate last year's stats; absolutely not. But, I do believe, barring injury, he will against be the leading FF point producer.
3rd, I believe I can win from any slot, I just believe it will be easier from slot 1.

Let me know when you get the league(s) together. :rolleyes:
[/QUOTE]Well, I would think you want to put the leagues together since you will easily win them.

I love the smugness in the air...
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:34 am

I love the smugness in the air... Smugnesss complaint from a guy pimping a site he named "Ultimate Cheatsheets"

:D

[ June 22, 2007, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:41 am

Sorry if you believe I'm being smug. You tossed out a challenge, and I just responded too it. No "smugness" intended. If the challenge was just a bunch of blathering, fine. I do not believe I could find players to fill a league under your proposed scenario of allowing me the unconditional 1st pick. (Allowing you the 5th pick might be possible) If you can't stand behind your challenges I'd advise you to quit making them. ;)

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:22 am

Originally posted by RiFF:
Sorry if you believe I'm being smug. You tossed out a challenge, and I just responded too it. No "smugness" intended. If the challenge was just a bunch of blathering, fine. I do not believe I could find players to fill a league under your proposed scenario of allowing me the unconditional 1st pick. (Allowing you the 5th pick might be possible) If you can't stand behind your challenges I'd advise you to quit making them. ;) So, you take a dreamed up scenario as a challenge, got it.

Pardon my ignorance, being new to the site and all, I wanted to review your past successes in the NFFC. Could you be so helpful as to provide this? I like to see where someone has a leg to stand on when questioning the strategies of others.

Being as I don't know, I'm sure it is quite impressive, your record that is.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:29 am

We now return to our regularly scheduled programming.......
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:36 am

I'll give you the #1 in every one of them. If you promise to take LT in every one of them. We must use 3RR and KDS. All 12 or 14 team leagues.

Blathering...not challenge..nuff said. :rolleyes:

Purple Helmets

Post by Purple Helmets » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:57 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by mgk2004:
Okay ... I may be a little dense here, but I thought in the other thread it indicated that this would be a "Draft Champions" league (that is, 26 rounds with no playoffs). But in this thread the first post indicates that it is an 18 round draft (which I guess would mean it is a "regular" league with playoffs?). The Mock Draft Central site has it as an 18 round draft. I just want to confirm which it is before going through preparations this weekend!

Thanks ... 18 rounds, same as NFFC main event format.
[/QUOTE]Same for draft only, but not in terms of the regular season and playoff format...correct?
Living the dream!

Purple Helmets

Post by Purple Helmets » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:00 pm

Sorry Greg, I just read one of your earlier posts a bit closer...we'll wait to hear back from Tom on Monday regarding the format.

Thanks again for creating this league...looking forward to Wednesday night.
Living the dream!