Week 15 Start/Sit

BillyWaz

Week 15 Start/Sit

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:26 am

Originally posted by Glenneration X:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Revis isn't the lockdown guy he was the previous years, but I still wouldn't chance it. Ummmm......excuse me? :eek: [/QUOTE]Since week 5, here are the #1 WR fantasy points from each team the Jets (Revis) have given up....

Welker )17.4)
Marshall (16.9)
V.Jax (2.5)
Stevie Johnson (11.4)
Welker (10.6)
Denver (do they have WR's?)
Stevie Johnson (21.5)
S.Moss (9.2)
Bowe (12.9)

Now this may not all be Revis, but gone are the days where you were worried about benching your stud against the Jets. 10 points looks pretty safe, and while it isn't great, it is better than the 2-25 stat line he held most WR's to.

Glenneration X

Week 15 Start/Sit

Post by Glenneration X » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:41 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Glenneration X:
Revis isn't the lockdown guy he was the previous years, but I still wouldn't chance it. Ummmm......excuse me? :eek: [/QUOTE]Since week 5, here are the #1 WR fantasy points from each team the Jets (Revis) have given up....

Welker )17.4)
Marshall (16.9)
V.Jax (2.5)
Stevie Johnson (11.4)
Welker (10.6)
Stevie Johnson (21.5)
S.Moss (9.2)
Bowe (12.9)

Now this may not all be Revis, but gone are the days where you were worried about benching your stud against the Jets. 10 points looks pretty safe, and while it isn't great, it is better than the 2-25 stat line he held most WR's to.
[/QUOTE]Must be Cromarte or bad safety play!!! It's blapheme to knock The Revis Island! I expect better of you Billy.

The Franchise

Week 15 Start/Sit

Post by The Franchise » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:03 am

Originally posted by Glenneration X:

Welker )17.4)
Marshall (16.9)
V.Jax (2.5)
Stevie Johnson (11.4)
Welker (10.6)
Stevie Johnson (21.5)
S.Moss (9.2)
Bowe (12.9)

[/QUOTE]Must be Cromarte or bad safety play!!! It's blapheme to knock The Revis Island! I expect better of you Billy.
[/QUOTE]Revis island is turning into Gilligans island. All Eagles WR's are must starts!
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

Jim Wiseheart

Week 15 Start/Sit

Post by Jim Wiseheart » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:47 am

Originally posted by Eddiejag:
Jason Witten or Aaron Hernandez

Last week Witten did nothing and hasnt had a big game in a long time.Dallas has a lot of weapons and even has plays for the backup tight end Phillps who scored last week.On the other hand Brady and the Pats throw more and Hernandez is the 3rd option.I havnt benched Witten once this season ,is it time or give him one more week Againest a horrible Tampa D.If anyone can post what Tampa Bay does againest tight ends would be helpful. Tampa Bay D has given up 154.3 NFFC points to TE for the year, which is 13th best. They've given up 23.2 for last 3 weeks, which is 5th best.

[ December 14, 2011, 02:49 PM: Message edited by: FF Addict ]

alanr824

Week 15 Start/Sit

Post by alanr824 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:43 am

Originally posted by The Franchise:

Welker )17.4)
Marshall (16.9)
V.Jax (2.5)
Stevie Johnson (11.4)
Welker (10.6)
Stevie Johnson (21.5)
S.Moss (9.2)
Bowe (12.9)

[/QUOTE]Revis island is turning into Gilligans island. All Eagles WR's are must starts!
[/QUOTE]Revis is still the best corner in football, not even close. He has had 1 bad game this year, against Steve Johnson. I have watched every play of every Jet game. Marshall did not have a good game against him and neither did Welker. Both had decent points, but a lot of the coverage was cover 2, and not man to man. Bowe had garbage receptions in zone coverage. Man to man, this year, Stevie Johnson was the only guy to make him look bad. 1 game, thats it. If you want to trust a WR against Revis, go right ahead. And BTW, Revis covered Gafney in the Washington game, not Moss, no receptions.

BillyWaz

Week 15 Start/Sit

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:01 pm

Originally posted by Al R G:
quote:Originally posted by The Franchise:

Welker )17.4)
Marshall (16.9)
V.Jax (2.5)
Stevie Johnson (11.4)
Welker (10.6)
Stevie Johnson (21.5)
S.Moss (9.2)
Bowe (12.9)

[/QUOTE]I have watched every play of every Jet game. Marshall did not have a good game against him and neither did Welker. Both had decent points, but a lot of the coverage was cover 2, and not man to man.
[/QUOTE]WHY would you play cover 2 if you have the best corner in the league??? :confused:

I know Revis is still a good corner. My point was it used to be people would consider sitting a stud like Andre Johnson against him. The point is garbage time, "saying" they didn't have a good game doesn't mean anything because the fact of the matter is that teams #1 options ARE scoring points against the Jets. Again, I don't think it is all Revis fault (I often question what Rex is doing on D? :rolleyes: ), but the days of not wanting to start a stud vs him seem to be in the past.

Money

Week 15 Start/Sit

Post by Money » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:55 pm

Originally posted by Eddiejag:
Jason Witten or Aaron Hernandez

Last week Witten did nothing and hasnt had a big game in a long time.Dallas has a lot of weapons and even has plays for the backup tight end Phillps who scored last week.On the other hand Brady and the Pats throw more and Hernandez is the 3rd option.I havnt benched Witten once this season ,is it time or give him one more week Againest a horrible Tampa D.If anyone can post what Tampa Bay does againest tight ends would be helpful. Time to get back to the TOPIC at hand boys. Start / sit week 15.
This particular question is a toss up. Personally I would go with the guy I went with all year. If you don't it will screw you. To late in the game to turn back.

I go Witten.
Joe

alanr824

Week 15 Start/Sit

Post by alanr824 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:02 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Al R G:

Welker )17.4)
Marshall (16.9)
V.Jax (2.5)
Stevie Johnson (11.4)
Welker (10.6)
Stevie Johnson (21.5)
S.Moss (9.2)
Bowe (12.9)

[/QUOTE]I have watched every play of every Jet game. Marshall did not have a good game against him and neither did Welker. Both had decent points, but a lot of the coverage was cover 2, and not man to man.
[/QUOTE]WHY would you play cover 2 if you have the best corner in the league??? :confused:

I know Revis is still a good corner. My point was it used to be people would consider sitting a stud like Andre Johnson against him. The point is garbage time, "saying" they didn't have a good game doesn't mean anything because the fact of the matter is that teams #1 options ARE scoring points against the Jets. Again, I don't think it is all Revis fault (I often question what Rex is doing on D? :rolleyes: ), but the days of not wanting to start a stud vs him seem to be in the past.
[/QUOTE]ONE TD against Revis all season. Opposing QB's have a 5.9 passer rating when throwing to the WR Revis is covering. The rating was 2.9, if you don't include the Stevie Johnson game. See the below stat site. Really good analysis of every position. Revis is so much better than every other corner, it is scary. If you understand defense, you understand that cover 2 and zone is played when you know your opponent is going to throw against you. Example, KC last week when the Jets were winning big, and any time you play New England and Green Bay. Even so, the Jets play more man to man than any team in the league, and Revis plays 1 on 1 more than any corner in the league and always against the opposing teams best WR. And 1 player had a decent game against him this year. Just 1. You want to gamble on playing one of the Phily WR's this week? Go right ahead. I hope you are in my playoff league.

http://wp.advancednflstats.com/defenderstats.php?pos=CB

David U. Kennedy

Week 15 Start/Sit

Post by David U. Kennedy » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:11 am

Antonio Brown or Early Doucet?

Big Ben is banged up so what will brown do without his starting QB? If he does play how effective will he be?

Doucet did well last week against SF and gets the lowly Browns this week.

I wouldnt even consider this if Ben wasnt hurting and of course it has to be a Monday Night game.

David U. Kennedy

Week 15 Start/Sit

Post by David U. Kennedy » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:19 am

Originally posted by Al R G:
quote:Originally posted by Al R G:

Welker )17.4)
Marshall (16.9)
V.Jax (2.5)
Stevie Johnson (11.4)
Welker (10.6)
Stevie Johnson (21.5)
S.Moss (9.2)
Bowe (12.9)

[/QUOTE]ONE TD against Revis all season. Opposing QB's have a 5.9 passer rating when throwing to the WR Revis is covering. The rating was 2.9, if you don't include the Stevie Johnson game. See the below stat site. Really good analysis of every position. Revis is so much better than every other corner, it is scary. If you understand defense, you understand that cover 2 and zone is played when you know your opponent is going to throw against you. Example, KC last week when the Jets were winning big, and any time you play New England and Green Bay. Even so, the Jets play more man to man than any team in the league, and Revis plays 1 on 1 more than any corner in the league and always against the opposing teams best WR. And 1 player had a decent game against him this year. Just 1. You want to gamble on playing one of the Phily WR's this week? Go right ahead. I hope you are in my playoff league.

Ihttp://wp.advancednflstats.com/defenderstats.php?pos=CB
[/QUOTE]I will say Dez Bryant was having a monster game against the Jets until he tweaked his Knee. So thats at least two guys who had good games against Revis. Who would Revis cover Maclin or Jackson? Tough call and besides Vick is playing like a sick dog these days. Somebody should euthanize him. LOL!!!