Snake emails

Post by jimchristie » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:53 am

Can't we just enjoy football; I will block him, I am IT idiot

DoubleG

Snake emails

Post by DoubleG » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:56 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Old School:
got one from him yesterday implying that Glenn Schroter cheated on the Free agency bids. I am at my wits end about this owner. This latest accusation towards the NFFC and STATS is libelous and very dangerous indeed. He has been on a personal mission since being denied access to the Message Boards and the league boards to damage me personally and the NFFC and he has told me that many times. He can continue on that mission towards me, but this latest accusation is beyond belief.

I can state unequivocally that every FAAB bid ever made in the NFBC and NFFC since 2004 has gone without another owner having ANY access to other bids. The fact that Glenn has been outbid for free agents by other owners -- just like everyone else does -- is not a news story. Claiming someone has inside information to his bids and thus outbidding him is a story. Again, it's false, totally without merit and in my view libelous towards us.

I wouldn't even respond to such an accusation except now I've received an email from a new owner who left the WCOFF and joined us this year for the first time. He actually believes Glenn's statement and responded this way:

"the more i am exposed to the hsff the more i feel im being played for a fool, who has the inside info is way ahead of this game, to get this info b4 others is too much advantage, as for inside info on bids that would be cheating too. between the bogus leagues wcoff and now insider collusion i think i will stick to betting the fixed games only.thanks for the heads up."

I will call this owner personally as soon as I can and explain that NO ONE has any inside information on FAAB bids. It's sour grapes written by a sour owner. And it's emailed to all his league mates because he no longer has access to the main message boards or the league message boards. We can't stop him from texting or emailing owners, but honestly I never thought it would get to this point. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised. That being said, I will not let these libelous emails go without the truth being told and the truth is that Glenn is totally off base in this latest accusation and his attempt to damage the NFFC will not be successful. We are beyond reproach when it comes to fair and honest FAAB bids.
[/QUOTE]Greg - This is beyond the point of ridiculous and it sounds like he is costing you business. You guys have attorneys. File a civil lawsuit against snake. Once snake has to pour in 50K of his own money and legal bills and another 100K plus when you win the suit, he will go away. money talks. hit him where it hurts, just like he is doing to you.

DoubleG

Snake emails

Post by DoubleG » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:03 am

Originally posted by Old School:
got one from him yesterday implying that Glenn Schroter cheated on the Free agency bids. And for those of you who don't know him, Glenn Schroter is one of the most trustworthy people I've ever met. This is based on 7 years of knowing him in the high stakes community. If there was a picture of "class act" in the dictionary, it would be a pic of Glenn Schroter. Case closed.

Old School

Snake emails

Post by Old School » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:03 pm

Originally posted by DoubleG:
quote:Originally posted by Old School:
got one from him yesterday implying that Glenn Schroter cheated on the Free agency bids. And for those of you who don't know him, Glenn Schroter is one of the most trustworthy people I've ever met. This is based on 7 years of knowing him in the high stakes community. If there was a picture of "class act" in the dictionary, it would be a pic of Glenn Schroter. Case closed. [/QUOTE]Yep. Never gave it a thought. Glenn is just really smart. He's the last person that would even try anything dishonest.

[ October 23, 2011, 07:04 PM: Message edited by: Old School ]

KenGill

Snake emails

Post by KenGill » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:51 pm

Sounds like a lot of sour grapes from losing owners. Can't win it with good players and good roster management? Then you attack the game itself. Which at this point is really beyond questioning as the NFBC has been proven to be well run and honest.

That being said...everyone wanted Snake thrown off the boards......but this situation would probably be more manageable if he WAS able to post on here. At least people in his leagues wouldn't be getting a ton of his spam emails. I'm a free speech guy, always have been. I may not like what you have to say (and in Snake's case, I often didn't), but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

KenGill

Snake emails

Post by KenGill » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:52 pm

Sounds like a lot of sour grapes from losing owners. Can't win it with good players and good roster management? Then you attack the game itself. Which at this point is really beyond questioning as the NFFC has been proven to be well run and honest.

That being said...everyone wanted Snake thrown off the boards......but this situation would probably be more manageable if he WAS able to post on here. At least people in his leagues wouldn't be getting a ton of his spam emails. I'm a free speech guy, always have been. I may not like what you have to say (and in Snake's case, I often didn't), but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

Diesel

Snake emails

Post by Diesel » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:19 pm

Saying Glenn Schroter cheats is like getting a chance to take an at bat against CC Sabathia and when CC strikes you out, you tell the world that he's scuffing the ball. You are free to say CC is scuffing the ball, but unless you go show me the sandpaper uner his hat, he is just THAT good.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Shrink Attack

Snake emails

Post by Shrink Attack » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:35 am

One time Glenn beat me by 0.3 points in a Head to Head game. He promptly directed me to the the official NFL stat change page so I could monitor any stat changes that might hand me a win.

Yeah, he cheats alright.

Although I must say that he is from up North, and from where I come from that warrants immediate suspicion. ;)
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Fourslot40

Snake emails

Post by Fourslot40 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:15 am

Originally posted by TOXIC ASSETS:
Sounds like a lot of sour grapes from losing owners. Can't win it with good players and good roster management? Then you attack the game itself. Which at this point is really beyond questioning as the NFFC has been proven to be well run and honest.

That being said...everyone wanted Snake thrown off the boards......but this situation would probably be more manageable if he WAS able to post on here. At least people in his leagues wouldn't be getting a ton of his spam emails. I'm a free speech guy, always have been. I may not like what you have to say (and in Snake's case, I often didn't), but I'll defend to the death your right to say it. I disagree. I agree with free speech, but I disagree with freedom to air unconfirmed and slanderous comments that could endanger someone's reputation and ability to earn a living. Nobody should be allowed to create lies and deception without consequence.

bald is beautiful

Snake emails

Post by bald is beautiful » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:53 am

Greg:

Don't give him a chance to say anything. There is nothing he could possibly say to justify anything he has done over the last few weeks. He is way beyond any decent bounds of civility and decency. Nobody wants to read his crap anyway.

Jack