Earliest quitting team?

Greg Ambrosius

Earliest quitting team?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:06 am

Originally posted by fflmaster:
Gee if we had a playoff structure I bet teams wouldn't quit after 4 weeks.

I will bet every team that has 4 losses after this week is just playing spoiler. Most teams if not all that have 3 losses is out as well. Sucks for teams already out of any money chances.

You will see a ton of teams this year not turning in lineups. This crazy season seems to have many many teams losing players to injury and causing a couple of losses knocks you out of the money. Andy, I know you really like that two-week h2h playoff format, but really you need to read the rules here to understand how our race to the $100,000 grand prizes work. In the Classic, the Top 15% overall are guaranteed a spot in the Championship Round no matter what your final record is. So anyone who is quitting after Week 4 is just a bad player, not someone who could have benefitted more from a playoff format. In the Primetime, the Top 10% of all scoring teams are guaranteed spots in the Championship Round, so again while h2h rewards the top team in each league total points rule.

Score, score, score for THIRTEEN weeks and you'll be rewarded. Winning your h2h matchups is good, but scoring a ton of points each week is better. You could actually go 0-13 in the NFFC Classic and Primetime and still make the Championship Round if you scored enough points every week.

Quitting teams = bad owners, nothing more, nothing less.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

mattjb

Earliest quitting team?

Post by mattjb » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:49 am

Greg,

that top 10% rule applies in the OC as well, right?

Greg Ambrosius

Earliest quitting team?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:56 am

Originally posted by mattjb:
Greg,

that top 10% rule applies in the OC as well, right? Yes it does. Good luck there.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

thegambler

Earliest quitting team?

Post by thegambler » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:33 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by fflmaster:
Gee if we had a playoff structure I bet teams wouldn't quit after 4 weeks.

I will bet every team that has 4 losses after this week is just playing spoiler. Most teams if not all that have 3 losses is out as well. Sucks for teams already out of any money chances.

You will see a ton of teams this year not turning in lineups. This crazy season seems to have many many teams losing players to injury and causing a couple of losses knocks you out of the money. Andy, I know you really like that two-week h2h playoff format, but really you need to read the rules here to understand how our race to the $100,000 grand prizes work. In the Classic, the Top 15% overall are guaranteed a spot in the Championship Round no matter what your final record is. So anyone who is quitting after Week 4 is just a bad player, not someone who could have benefitted more from a playoff format. In the Primetime, the Top 10% of all scoring teams are guaranteed spots in the Championship Round, so again while h2h rewards the top team in each league total points rule.

Score, score, score for THIRTEEN weeks and you'll be rewarded. Winning your h2h matchups is good, but scoring a ton of points each week is better. You could actually go 0-13 in the NFFC Classic and Primetime and still make the Championship Round if you scored enough points every week.

Quitting teams = bad owners, nothing more, nothing less.
[/QUOTE]greg, that wasn't me.....al is fflmaster.....don't lump me in with him

[ October 11, 2011, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: thegambler ]

thegambler

Earliest quitting team?

Post by thegambler » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:36 am

i think it is crazy that someone would quit after 4 weeks. you never know what is going to happen. people get hurt, the byes weeks also just started. 4 bad weeks does not mean you are out of it already.

i don't care how many losses i have, i still put in a legit lineup each and every week. if i can't win i would love to be a spoiler.

quiting after 4 weeks is just a bad owner.

fflmaster

Earliest quitting team?

Post by fflmaster » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:07 am

Tom,

Andy (the gambler) is correct that wasn't his post.

Tom that sarcastic post wasn't against you or the nffc. I was grumpy about how someone posted about a team quiting after I got trashed for saying a playoff is something I prefer.

I do understand where you are coming from, and while I don't agree with every decision, it is your business and you make the decisions based on what you think is correct. I totally understand that. I do the same in my business.

Do I enjoy a playoff system? yes

Would I ever quit even if/when I am out of the running? Absolutely not!

I hate teams that just give up and don't turn in lineups. Sucks for the league and the overall winner.

That person is a bad owner and I wish you could penalize them.

All that being said, EVERY PERSON has a right to their opinion why people on message boards (not tom or greg) have to bash someone when they don't agree is beyond me. It is an opinion. The opinion can neither be wrong or stupid. We just think they are wrong or stupid because they don't agree

"without the sarcasm"

I truely think leagues that don't have a playoff system in place don't allow for teams to grow thru the waiver wire, replace mistakes in the draft or hurt players. I have been on both sides of the fence. Had a team go 11-0 in wcoff and top scorer only to lose in 1st round of playoffs. Also had a team finish 4th after a horrific start in the season with injuries and bust picks that went into the playoff and won the whole thing.

I think a playoff system keeps more teams in the money hunt longer, but can water down the league as the best team doesn't always win the top prize.

To me fantasy football is about two things: fun and the chance to win money. A playoff system does both longer for more teams then just straight record/overall points system.

Yes, the ability to have the to 10% in scoring go on for a chance at the lottery is great, but most people think are looking to win their league and if they win the lottery great. Not many expect the lottery ticket to be cashed.

I feel that if you took a poll from all fantasy owners, you would find 70% prefer a playoff system. If I am correct, I would prefer to target the 70% of owners and not the 30%. I could be totally wrong and more prefer no playoffs.

Again this is just my opinion. It isn't everyone's and even though my name is getting trashed for my oringinal feelings I had with the wcoff and ffpc, it is just one man's opinion. Too many people are lemmings in this world and will just want to pile on the person people hate. Even when he is in the majority.

[ October 11, 2011, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: fflmaster ]
its nice to be the master

Sandman62

Earliest quitting team?

Post by Sandman62 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:37 am

I'm not sure about that poll coming out 70/30 in favor of a playoff system??? Maybe now with the WCOFF influx, perhaps many of those players would prefer to just have what they're used to. But I can tell you from experience, it's nice to score the most points and get into the H2H 3-week race with just one other team in your league for another $2500.

If you admit that "the best team may not win" in a playoff format, why on earth would you want that?

Diesel

Earliest quitting team?

Post by Diesel » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:41 am

If someone wants to play in an NFFC league that has a playoff, it's as easy as joining the Auction league. It's exactly what fflmaster is asking for. Plus, there's no excuses of draft slots. You want a player? Buy him. Most points and best record win their entry fee back and then the playoffs run for the big money prizes.

[ October 11, 2011, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: Diesel ]
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

TR

Earliest quitting team?

Post by TR » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:29 am

I'm not sure about that poll coming out 70/30 in favor of a playoff system??? Maybe now with the WCOFF influx, perhaps many of those players would prefer to just have what they're used to. But I can tell you from experience, it's nice to score the most points and get into the H2H 3-week race with just one other team in your league for another $2500. [Smile]

If you admit that "the best team may not win" in a playoff format, why on earth would you want that?

I agree about it being nice to score the most points and get into H2H 3 week race for another $2500....and even better if u can lock up both in reg season and make the 3 week race a moot point.

BLACKHAND

Earliest quitting team?

Post by BLACKHAND » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:57 am

Originally posted by Sandman62:
I'm not sure about that poll coming out 70/30 in favor of a playoff system??? Maybe now with the WCOFF influx, perhaps many of those players would prefer to just have what they're used to. But I can tell you from experience, it's nice to score the most points and get into the H2H 3-week race with just one other team in your league for another $2500.

If you admit that "the best team may not win" in a playoff format, why on earth would you want that? You are right mike. i like the way it is now. score pts. simple as that.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN