NFFC Auction playoffs

lumpy463

NFFC Auction playoffs

Post by lumpy463 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:06 am

In these leagues, if I can win 4x my money back that is a worthy prize.

If six teams make the playoffs, then the H2H and point champions get buys. That is reward enough. They do not need to get paid for that.
They earned the chance to play one less game for high dollars in a H2H playoff format.

On six teams, $650 league, the payout could be as follows:
Two losers week 14 get $500
Two losers week 15 get $750
Loser week 16 gets $1250
Winner week 16 gets $3000

On 4 teams, $650 league, the payout could be as follows:
Best Record $500 (since there will not be a bye week)
Total Points $500 (since there will not bw abye week)
Losers week 15 $750
Loser week 16 $1250
Winner week 16 $3000
Week 14 could be dead, all play, additional H2H.

At least I have somehing to show for having a "ggod season" by making the playoffs in this format.

Derek "Lumpy" Anderson
Derek "Lumpy" Anderson

pizzatyme

NFFC Auction playoffs

Post by pizzatyme » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:15 pm

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
Russ,

I just hope you were staying away from your wife the first part of December. No more babies during the Chicago draft!

Wayne Snip snip. :D
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

GOD Loves You

NFFC Auction playoffs

Post by GOD Loves You » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:44 pm

Originally posted by Just Russ:
quote:Originally posted by Coltsfan:
Russ,

I just hope you were staying away from your wife the first part of December. No more babies during the Chicago draft!

Wayne Snip snip. :D
[/QUOTE]Had it done two days before Christmas....4 kids by the age of 32 and 30......we are going to be able to enjoy our great grandchildren and quite possibly our great-greats. :cool:
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

Ted's Cracked Head

NFFC Auction playoffs

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:49 pm

I would prefer the 4 team, 3 week format. I have chosen the Primetime DC the last two years because I do not care for the current playoff system even though the Auction format is MUCH more appealing to me.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

weber7777

NFFC Auction playoffs

Post by weber7777 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:05 pm

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
quote:Originally posted by weber:
as long as the top 2 teams get money for reg season i have no problem allowing 6 in the playoffs. it's a fun system.. this year i got into playoffs with record not points but i knew my team was good.. just had some bad luck early on... i ended up winning league title in playoffs and i know i deserved it..

i like the system, you can leave it the way it is and implement a 10k overall award.. im sure they will do a good job.. i'll be there with bells on

Mike- Auction Man! :D This post is very funny ... you won with head to head record not points and overcame bad luck early on. Was the bad luck ... you were winning H2H matches even though you good players were unlucky by not scoring very many points?

I'm sure it was fun ... winning with a crappy team that was very lucky at H2H and got hot for three weeks. That would be very fun for me too. You did deserve it ... under the current rules.

That is why they need to be changed IMO ... and your right Greg and Tom will figure it out. Maybe they could offer both types of contests and cancel the one that doesn't fill. Maybe they could also extend your playoff format to 8 or 12 teams ... More fun for you guys!

Big Mike
[/QUOTE]Head to head is all about matching up with your opponent. if i were doing straight up points, i wouldn't start same team as if head to head.. sometimes if my opponent has a crappy RB, and i have a choice between 2 RB"s, i'll be more conservative in nature and start the safer pick with less upside, so head to head does take skill.. im sure your just jealous of my awesome skill.. go read my book , get some tips on auction drafting..
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

BillyWaz

NFFC Auction playoffs

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:29 pm

Originally posted by weber:
quote:Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
as long as the top 2 teams get money for reg season i have no problem allowing 6 in the playoffs. it's a fun system.. this year i got into playoffs with record not points but i knew my team was good.. just had some bad luck early on... i ended up winning league title in playoffs and i know i deserved it..

i like the system, you can leave it the way it is and implement a 10k overall award.. im sure they will do a good job.. i'll be there with bells on

Mike- Auction Man! :D This post is very funny ... you won with head to head record not points and overcame bad luck early on. Was the bad luck ... you were winning H2H matches even though you good players were unlucky by not scoring very many points?

I'm sure it was fun ... winning with a crappy team that was very lucky at H2H and got hot for three weeks. That would be very fun for me too. You did deserve it ... under the current rules.

That is why they need to be changed IMO ... and your right Greg and Tom will figure it out. Maybe they could offer both types of contests and cancel the one that doesn't fill. Maybe they could also extend your playoff format to 8 or 12 teams ... More fun for you guys!

Big Mike
[/QUOTE]im sure your just jealous of my awesome skill.. go read my book , get some tips on auction drafting..
[/QUOTE]Mike,

No disrespect, but just because you wrote a chapter in a book doesn't mean you are an expert.

To say you start this guy instead of that, and consider that part of your strategy..... well let's just say maybe it explains why I have been in 2 auctions with you, and you didn't get into the playoffs in either. :eek:

Last I checked, you put the guy in your lineup who you think will score the most points. Not come up with some "hokie" strategy, and then take credit when things luckily break your way. :rolleyes:

[ January 10, 2010, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

GOD Loves You

NFFC Auction playoffs

Post by GOD Loves You » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:53 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:

Big Mike
[/QUOTE]im sure your just jealous of my awesome skill.. go read my book , get some tips on auction drafting..
[/QUOTE]Mike,

No disrespect, but just because you wrote a chapter in a book doesn't mean you are an expert.

[/QUOTE]Checked out the weber blog and received and instant laugh! One thing is certain, Weber won't be winning any spelling contests anytime soon. I'm guessing he/you didn't include a couple of the first names because he/you wasn't sure of the spelling. The internet is wonderful tool, use it.

I'm still amazed by the inaccuracy of the wannabe experts.....I've "called out" a few of them and the response always is, "people know who/what I am talking about" :rolleyes: Sorry, but incorrect spelling/grammer ;) irk me. I don't see how anyone can be taken seriously when well known names are misspelled.

Check out this new site, fresh from the bookshelves :D
http://dictionary.reference.com
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

weber7777

NFFC Auction playoffs

Post by weber7777 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:37 pm

the blog hasn't been updated in a year..lol.. as for Billy Waz, what a shocker he would have a negative comment.. Billy i would go against you in an auction league and i would bet you 9 x out of 10 times i would beat your ass.

Whether it's points or not, dude you can't compete against me. One chapter in a book doesn't make an expert.. I agree 100%.. 20 years of auction drafting does make me pretty dam good at it. I don't claim to be that great at serpentine however im confident in auction leagues and if you think you can compete w. me you and i can hopefully be in same league next year.. we'll have a fun wager:) dude it's all good. your a good player, i don't disrespect you i would hope you would not do the same to me..

in terms of starting a player. your wrong, in head to head league i don't always go with guy with most upside and play it safe (which may not score me most points but will guarantee me a win whereby starting a more risky player may score more points or could get me a zero). so there is skill in head to head.. those who simply put in a lineup and don't look at who their opponent is starting really is behind eight ball in my mind..

if my opponent is starting a crappy flex like isac bruce who i know won't score more then 10 points.. and i have advantage over the guy with rest of players, i'll go with a safer flex start if i have a hard choice to make to guarantee i don't lose that matchup with him.. then let my other players beat him out with those advantages..

to each his own billy.. i don't recall ever criticizing how you play the game..
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

BillyWaz

NFFC Auction playoffs

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:31 pm

the blog hasn't been updated in a year..lol.. as for Billy Waz, what a shocker he would have a negative comment.. Billy i would go against you in an auction league and i would bet you 9 x out of 10 times i would beat your ass.

Whether it's points or not, dude you can't compete against me. One chapter in a book doesn't make an expert.. I agree 100%.. 20 years of auction drafting does make me pretty dam good at it. I don't claim to be that great at serpentine however im confident in auction leagues and if you think you can compete w. me you and i can hopefully be in same league next year.. we'll have a fun wager:) dude it's all good. your a good player, i don't disrespect you i would hope you would not do the same to me..

in terms of starting a player. your wrong, in head to head league i don't always go with guy with most upside and play it safe (which may not score me most points but will guarantee me a win whereby starting a more risky player may score more points or could get me a zero). so there is skill in head to head.. those who simply put in a lineup and don't look at who their opponent is starting really is behind eight ball in my mind..

if my opponent is starting a crappy flex like isac bruce who i know won't score more then 10 points.. and i have advantage over the guy with rest of players, i'll go with a safer flex start if i have a hard choice to make to guarantee i don't lose that matchup with him.. then let my other players beat him out with those advantages..

to each his own billy.. i don't recall ever criticizing how you play the game.. Mike,

If your gonna claim to be the best auction player out there, you have to have the credentials to back it up.

I just can't stand people "tooting their own horn"
ESPECIALLY when they should not.

We played in the NY auction in 2007, and I made the playoffs. You did not. We played in the WCOFF auction.... I was terrible...you weren't much better. I have beat you in both DC auctions that we have competed in. Yes DC auctions are different, but the BEST auction player in the world couldn't beat an average player EIGHT straight times. Yet you claim you can do that to me? Your arrogance is astounding, Michael.

So much for the 9 out of 10 thing. :rolleyes:

It's all good Mike, but if you were as good as you say in the auction, you would have much more to back up your talk than you do.

No disrespect Mike, you are a good player, I just don't think you are as good as you think. ;)

[ January 12, 2010, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

mikeybok

NFFC Auction playoffs

Post by mikeybok » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:15 am

to each his own billy.. i don't recall ever criticizing how you play the game.. Unless your holding back information ... There are logic flaws in your analysis of WHO TO PLAY as posted above. This leads me to believe you have no idea what your talking about. 20 years ... 10 books ... whatever. Your logic is flawed.

Mike ... I would bet Billy straight up against you in an auction format all day long. To claim you could beat him 9 times out of ten times is a foolish claim. Even if you could guarantee drafting a better team EVERY year ... Your inability to realize even the best team unlikely to beat an average team in a sudden elimination playoff system (9 times out of 10) tells me you do not understand what your talking about.

You might as well claim you would beat him 11 times out of ten ... because that has about the same likelihood of happening under the current auction playoff format (regardless of what two playoff teams we are talking about).

I was going to let your poor advice to me go (from above) ... but when you jumped on Billy ... I took that as a green light to jump in with my 2 cents.

You player analysis on this thread really is flawed. That is a fact.

Big Mike
Hakuna Matata!