Week 9 Thoughts

da bears

Week 9 Thoughts

Post by da bears » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:50 am

Talk about washed up running backs don't forget to add "Mr Questionable" Westbrook to the list.

The latest news has him out indefinitely as he still is suffering headaches from his concussion. He is also having problems with his ankle once again.

He just needs to retire already and call it a career.

[ November 09, 2009, 02:54 PM: Message edited by: da bears ]
Bauler Shot Caller

Quahogs

Week 9 Thoughts

Post by Quahogs » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:52 am

Ren - I thought I saw you at the Giant game checking out your favorite player. Don't deny it !

KOTRAX

Week 9 Thoughts

Post by KOTRAX » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:03 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Back to my Chris Johnson Man Love, I want to say that the owners who got him at the end of the first round or even in the second deserve all of the happiness they receive. That was absurd and ridiculous value for a Top 3 player. I was shocked at how far Johnson fell in a lot of drafts this year. In all of the leagues I was in where I had a Top 5 pick, there was no way he was ever falling past me and a few times he was there for me. He is an amazing talent and he's the closest thing I've seen to Barry Sanders since Sanders retired.

And yes, I realize the magnitude of that comparison. But that's how good I think Johnson is. He and Adrian Peterson are the two most dynamic running backs in the game right now and Johnson is making a very realistic run at 2,000 yards rushing. CHRIS JOHNSON HAS BEEN HIT OR MISS SO FAR THIS YEAR. WHEN HE BLOWS UP HE BLOWS UP HOWEVER WEEKS 1,3,4,5 AND 6 WERE NOT WORLD BEATING WEEKS.

HE DIDN'T GET 13 PTS IN ANY OF THOSE WEEKS. NOT VALUE YOU WANT OUT OF A FIRST ROUND PICK. NOW IN A DC LEAGUE IT IS GREAT.

Tom Kessenich

Week 9 Thoughts

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:11 am

I don't think he's been as hit or miss as you think, Ormond. He's topped 80 yards rushing in six of eight games. If you project 80 yards rushing out to a full season and that's nearly 1,300 yards. Only four RBs in the league did that last season. He's also topped 100 yards rushing in three straight games and he's had two monstrous performances which may have single-handedly won the week for his owners.

I think he's an elite talent who has performed like one. He's really only had two games which I would view as being disappointing - Week 1 against an outstanding Pittsburgh run defense and a flat-out stinker against the Colts in Week 5.

His schedule is very favorable the rest of the way and he is trending in the right direction. As long as he stays healthy, I think he'll more than justify the No. 3 ranking I had for him before the season and prove to be an insane value pick for the owners who got him late in the first or in the second.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

KOTRAX

Week 9 Thoughts

Post by KOTRAX » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:20 am

OH YEAH NO DENYING CHRIS JOHNSON'S TALENT. AS I TOO THINK HE IS AN ELITE BACK.

I AM JUST SAYING IN HEAD TO HEAD PLAY YOUR 1ST ROUND PICK NEEDS TO GET YOU I WOULD SAY 15 PTS MINIMUM A WEEK SINCE YOU ARE TAKING THEM THAT HIGH.

5 OUT OF HIS THE FIRST 8 WEEKS HE DIDN'T DO THAT.

TRUE THE WEEKS HE GOT ABOVE THAT HE GOT WAY ABOVE THAT.

ALSO WITH TENNESEE TAKING LENDALE OUT OF THE GOAL LINE EQUATION HAS HELPED HIM AS WELL.

Tom Kessenich

Week 9 Thoughts

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:28 am

FatDale hasn't been a goal line vulture this season, though. The Titans tried him yesterday and he failed badly. On the next play, Johnson scored. That was his second close-range TD of the game.

I have Johnson in a ton of leagues this season and the only times he disappointed me were the games I listed. I'm very happy with him again this season.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

KOTRAX

Week 9 Thoughts

Post by KOTRAX » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:57 am

JUST OUT OF CURIOSITY TOM WHAT ARE YOUR RECORDS IN THOSE LEAGUES?

Tom Kessenich

Week 9 Thoughts

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:02 am

I'm in first in every league except two with Johnson. The only two I'm not in first are my main league where I'm second in points (it's a total points league) and the Primetime Magazine League where I'm also second in points.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Route Collectors

Week 9 Thoughts

Post by Route Collectors » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:54 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
FatDale hasn't been a goal line vulture this season, though. The Titans tried him yesterday and he failed badly. On the next play, Johnson scored. That was his second close-range TD of the game.

I have Johnson in a ton of leagues this season and the only times he disappointed me were the games I listed. I'm very happy with him again this season. Tom....do you think CJ will be top 3 in next years draft? I wish I would've kept my rankings from April and not been so swayed as the summer wore on.