My Week 2 Vibes

Tom Kessenich

My Week 2 Vibes

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:30 am

Portis ranks 14th in NFFC scoring after the first week.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

renman

My Week 2 Vibes

Post by renman » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:34 am

I went into this season very high on Edge James. I could tell that few agreed with me when his name came up in discussions at the drafts. I reached for him early in the a few drafts based on my feeling that the system would change there and a new offensive approach would make him a top 10 fantasy producer at RB... along with lowering the numbers for Boldin/Fitz some... I hope I end up being right.

Tom Kessenich

My Week 2 Vibes

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:36 am

James ran hard in the opener and it was great to see him get into the end zone (that was my primary concern about him this season). I do worry that it took him 26 carries to get 92 yards but in fantasy it wouldn't matter if he needed 90 carries; if you get 92 yards, a TD and some receiving points he's delivering.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

renman

My Week 2 Vibes

Post by renman » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:53 am

Tom,

I did think some of the play calling was weak and James average per carry will improve when he is allowed to run in formations that spread out a bit more. There were several moments where the 49ers made it obvious they were going to run and it was stuffed. He was snagged right in front of me at the WCOFF (i was picking 12) and I had to switch gears to Bush/Smith in an effort to be aggressive even though I had zero interest in Bush on my team given how high I would have to take a guy who was sharing the ball.

I will hope for the best...

[ September 12, 2007, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: renman ]

da bears

My Week 2 Vibes

Post by da bears » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:28 am

Tom,

Yeah Benson didn't look good Week 1 or did most of my main event team for that matter :eek: But Benson should rebound this week against KC. Moss looked good against the Jets but if he makes through the year without missing some time I will be shocked. Petersen did look good, but don't forget about his injury history. He never could stay healthy at Oklahoma and I don't think he can carry the ball 20-25 times a game consistently without getting hurt.

[ September 12, 2007, 01:29 PM: Message edited by: da bears ]
Bauler Shot Caller

Tom Kessenich

My Week 2 Vibes

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:31 am

If Benson doesn't look good this week against the Chiefs it's going to be cause for some serious concern.

As far as Peterson, I agree Taylor should remain in the mix. I don't want to see Peterson getting 25-30 carries a game. But I think he can get 20 and then give Taylor 8-10 and that will preserve Peterson for the course of the season. But it's so obvious who the better RB is. I like Chester Taylor. He's a good player. But he isn't close to the talent that Peterson is and given the pathetic state of the Vikings' passing game (and pathetic is being kind) they need to get their only playmaker on the field a lot and build the offense around him.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

da bears

My Week 2 Vibes

Post by da bears » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:36 am

Yeah I'll admit I'm concerned about Benson also. I think the Bears made a hugh mistake by trading Jones away. Benson has a ton of talent but it seems like the guy just doesn't run hard at times. The Bears offense looked dreadful against San Diego, and I think if Grossman struggles against KC Griese will be playing sooner than later this year. Grossman just makes too many dumb mistakes for the Bears to keep playing him.
Bauler Shot Caller

Tom Kessenich

My Week 2 Vibes

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:39 am

I don't know if Grossman will get benched. If he was never benched last season during some absolutely atrocious games (other than Week 17 against the Packers) I'm not sure Lovie will bench him now. I don't think Griese's the answer by any means but I'm convinced Grossman isn't.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

renman

My Week 2 Vibes

Post by renman » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:42 am

Tom,

You watch B. Jackson in Green Bay. Who will be the main RB in GB in week 7? Is Morency that bad? I know his knee is dinged... but I saw Jackson in pre season one game and I was not overly impressed with his vision or anticipation or patience to set up blocks. I am sure the kid has great combine numbers, but will he be a featured back this year?

Tom Kessenich

My Week 2 Vibes

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:44 am

Morency is talented but I don't think he's built to be a starter in the NFL. I'd compare him to Mewelde Moore in that he's a good short-term fix but you can't trust him for 16 games. That's the problem the Packers have. Thanks to Ted Thompson ignoring several possible ways to improve his RB situation he went with Morency and a rookie who many scouts had major questions about. So far, Jackson looks like a dog and Morency's been hurt. This is all on Thompson.

If Jackson continues to stink up the joint I think Morency will get a chance to start - assuming he can ever get healthy, of course. But the Packers' RB situation is a joke. It's too bad too because they have a playoff-caliber defense and a playoff-caliber QB both of which could very well be undercut by the lowly RB corps.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich