Wine if you got it

King of Queens

Wine if you got it

Post by King of Queens » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:40 pm

Originally posted by Diesel:
I still can't believe I watched Scott Simonetti consume an entire bottle of Johnny Walker Blue during last year's auction. It was all god until the final few rounds when he was bidding $11 for players when he only had $5 left. And of course he was swearing that he had $11 left...lol...The blue can be the death of you. I won't be there to correct him this year -- you guys had better keep a close eye on Mr. Pujols...

Diesel

Wine if you got it

Post by Diesel » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:55 pm

KofQ, he swore that he had more money than he had. I don't know how we're going to get through the auction without your laptop. Fandango is going to end up with $300 worth of players...lol
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

mkrucek

Wine if you got it

Post by mkrucek » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:59 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Great stuff Mike. Are you old enough to remember that you could buy Boone's Farm for about a buck a bottle? My favorite was Strawberry Hill. I think I drank Peach Apple, too. No idea how much that stuff costs now, but in 1978 I swear it was 99 cents or a buck and a quarter. What a trip down memory lane. Thanks.

Don't tell Perry, but I think that stuff he was pouring in Las Vegas didn't cost much more than my '78 Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill!! :D Yes, sadly I am old enough. That sounds about right for the price, other wise why would we have been drinking it.

While the stuff Perry was drinking may have cost about the same to make, I'm sure they put a nice label on it and charged an extra $15 per bottle.

[ July 12, 2007, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: 4D ]
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

mkrucek

Wine if you got it

Post by mkrucek » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:03 pm

GG, Scott and Jack, thanks. But Jack, that was a diatribe. I guess I'm just not good at it.

Scott, how's the kids?
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

mkrucek

Wine if you got it

Post by mkrucek » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:04 pm

Originally posted by Nag':
Nice to see the old 4D-brand of humor on these boards and welcome back to the NFFC. :cool: I couldn't stay away, not when Greg said this year's entry fee was on him. :D

nostradamross

Wine if you got it

Post by nostradamross » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:11 pm

am i the only one who remembers tj swann? easy nights. went down like liquid candy.

mkrucek

Wine if you got it

Post by mkrucek » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:17 pm

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
4D, get out of the 1980's ... after high school it's time to start expanding your options beyond the fermented grains that could double as pig slop. Coming from several generations of grape farmers, I resent your post. :D

Wine is in, and look at the facts: 14-team leagues, KDS, 3RR. This is high-end fantasy football, nothing wrong with a Cali Cab to go with it; this is sitting at the owners table not the rookie lineman's table. Think about that while you're downing a six-pack of Blue Ribbon this weekend while drafting against 9 high school buddies in a smelly Holiday Inn room you rented for six hours. Cali Cab, isn't that the mass transit system out there?

It's funny you mention PBR. About a year ago they moved their corporate headquarters to my town (Woodridge, IL). They had a grand opening a few months ago and their offices are unbelievable. They no longer do any of the brewing, they are now a marketing organization.

Beside PBR it was like a look back in time at the brands they now own. Olympia, Old Style, Special Export, Lone Star, etc. They have a nostalgia room with signs from bars, all the old cans and bottles, and all of that kind of stuff. They went around and actually bought as much stuff as they could.

But the best part of the company, and the reason I'd like to get a job there, is the employee break room. It's more of a bar, really, with taps, coolers, and tables. Every Thursday around 5 all the employees are invited into the room and they serve food and all of the beer they want.

That's where they held their party for us. Not really ready for a PBR, I asked what else they had. They gave me a beer called McSorley's. Very nice. I took home a 6-pack and an open invitation to stop back any Thursday that I would like. Oh, and my friends were welcome, too.

Shep

Wine if you got it

Post by Shep » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:34 pm

good stuff 4D!! See you in Chicago.

mkrucek

Wine if you got it

Post by mkrucek » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:39 pm

Originally posted by Shep:
good stuff 4D!! See you in Chicago. Shep, when are you getting in? I haven't talked to your Mike yet, but I thought we could meet for breakfast before the draft. We can ask Bald and perhaps Leroy as well, as I hear he may be in after he spoke with Greg.