WEEK 1 Waiver Wire

sportsbettingman

WEEK 1 Waiver Wire

Post by sportsbettingman » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:29 pm

Could Matt Jones be a similar story to baseball Josh Hamilton to a lesser degree?

Promising WR...not near potential...drugs clouded mind and motivation and desire to learn the playbook...now all that is behind him, and he's ready to step his game up???

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

JB

WEEK 1 Waiver Wire

Post by JB » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:30 pm

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
I paid about 470 for Cassel in the Snake League but felt like I had to make sure I got him. When Trent Edwards is your backup and there are no other legitimate options on the WW you have to bid big.

Wayne Wayne, didn't you like much in the nffc and nbc this week? Only one transaction...weaver for $2 :D

Not sure why the one team in the nbc who had Gonzo & Cooley at TE bid $137 on Rosario? Didn't expect that...I was 2nd high bid on him but that's cause I actually need TE help. I hope Scaife can continue to get more targets than Crumpler. It's kinda strange Crumpler has been pretty much non-existent in preseason and the 1st game.

sportsbettingman

WEEK 1 Waiver Wire

Post by sportsbettingman » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:32 pm

Much like Matt Leinart is worth a flier with such stud targets as Boldin and Fitz...even though his ceiling is lower than Warner's...same goes for the situation in N.E.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

JB

WEEK 1 Waiver Wire

Post by JB » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:36 pm

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
Could Matt Jones be a similar story to baseball Josh Hamilton to a lesser degree?

Promising WR...not near potential...drugs clouded mind and motivation and desire to learn the playbook...now all that is behind him, and he's ready to step his game up???

~Lance I agree, he could very easily lead the team in receptions this year. I know it's only one week but so far so good.

kjduke

WEEK 1 Waiver Wire

Post by kjduke » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:37 pm

~Lance I think so Lance, on a more reasonable scale - I have him on a bunch of teams, week 1 at least showed he's worth a roster spot.

Eddiejag

WEEK 1 Waiver Wire

Post by Eddiejag » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:42 pm

In the wcoff 25.000 dollar league the Brady owner spent 955 on Cassel and 20 on Collins who is his only back up.He drafted Brady with no back up and his worst nightmare comes true.That doesnt leave him many bullets.Just a lesson learned here , alway's draft a backup cause you never know. Unless of course if you draft ironman Farve.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

da bears

WEEK 1 Waiver Wire

Post by da bears » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:42 pm

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
quote:Originally posted by sportsbettingman:

~Lance I think so Lance, on a more reasonable scale - I have him on a bunch of teams, week 1 at least showed he's worth a roster spot.
[/QUOTE]Yeah he was the difference in our auction league matchup. Nice win last week by the way Kevin. :cool:
Bauler Shot Caller

Gordon Gekko

WEEK 1 Waiver Wire

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:45 pm

~Lance No. Hamilton plays in a n extreme hitters ballpark. Jones plays on a run-oriented offense and a team that wins with good defense.

If jones played for the saints, u may have a point.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Mankind

WEEK 1 Waiver Wire

Post by Mankind » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:58 pm

Somebody throw me a bone and let me know how to get other leagues bids, still geting last years bids, thanks...

Coltsfan

WEEK 1 Waiver Wire

Post by Coltsfan » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:03 pm

Originally posted by JB:
quote:Originally posted by Coltsfan:
I paid about 470 for Cassel in the Snake League but felt like I had to make sure I got him. When Trent Edwards is your backup and there are no other legitimate options on the WW you have to bid big.

Wayne Wayne, didn't you like much in the nffc and nbc this week? Only one transaction...weaver for $2 :D

Not sure why the one team in the nbc who had Gonzo & Cooley at TE bid $137 on Rosario? Didn't expect that...I was 2nd high bid on him but that's cause I actually need TE help. I hope Scaife can continue to get more targets than Crumpler. It's kinda strange Crumpler has been pretty much non-existent in preseason and the 1st game.
[/QUOTE]We just didn't have anybody to drop. Fortunately we haven't had any injuries in our 2 main event leagues and we already had Kevin Walter as our number 5 WR in both leagues so there wasn't anybody on the WW that would fit in to our team. Maybe next week we'll blow it all! :D :D :D

Wayne

[ September 12, 2008, 10:03 PM: Message edited by: Coltsfan ]