My biggest Draft-day Mistake was...

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:44 pm

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
This may be odd but taking Marvin Harrison second instead of Reggie Wayne. The reason it was such a mistake is that we had just taken Harrison in the auction of Friday and there was no reason to be so heavily invested in him with Wayne being the same ranking on our draft sheet.

Wayne That is funny you said that, as I too get caught up in that. Being in too many leagues, I will have a guy I already have, and then "pass" on him in the Main (or a higher stakes league).

Probably a sign of being in too many leagues, but I can't help I am addicted to this game! :D

Hard heads

Post by Hard heads » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:10 pm

Colston in the 3rd and Fred Taylor in the 5th. Should've grabbed AP, Lynch, Gates or MBIII in the 3rd and taken a solid WR in the 5th instead of banking on Taylor and Brandon Jackson as my RB2 and RB3. Shoulda coulda woulda...

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:25 pm

my biggest regret is not taking lamont jordan in every draft i entered. i took him in 4th round in wcoff and wcoff auction. i loved him this year and backed away in nffc because i didn't want him in all leagues.. dumb decision. also shying away from moss. the one league i have him in NFFC Sat league im 5-1 doing great. i had 8th pick, was pissed coming out of the draft, now looking back i did my best job on the fly, not preparing for it, i have palmer, willie parker, benson, leonard, moss, chambers, mason, winslow, just a solid team. oh well, would coulda shoulda.. LJ hurt me in the start of this year.. i think he'll be fine but he's like chad johnson last year.. started off like crap then exploded, but too little too late. thats how i feel in both wcoff and nffc.
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:34 pm

Originally posted by Fantasy Lessons:
Let me see...

1st - Parker or Westy - I select Parker
2nd - Housh or RoyW - I select RW
3rd - Ronnie Brown - not bad
4th - Duece or Burress - well Jules said Plax is washed up - of course Duece

We'll see hopefully Roy W, Parker, and Ronnie can have a big second half. Jules never said such a thing. I'm not a Plax fan, but I NEVER said he was washed up. I may have said something about Plax, but washed up is a term I don't use.

For the record, I wouldn't have taken either Deuce or Plax in the 4th
@RedRyder

Inf4life

Post by Inf4life » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:41 pm

Originally posted by RedRyder:
quote:Originally posted by Fantasy Lessons:
Let me see...

We'll see hopefully Roy W, Parker, and Ronnie can have a big second half. Jules never said such a thing. I'm not a Plax fan, but I NEVER said he was washed up. I may have said something about Plax, but washed up is a term I don't use.

[/QUOTE]So who would you select in the 4th instead??
2007 NFFC Classic Champion

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:58 pm

Originally posted by Go Getta:
quote:Originally posted by RedRyder:
quote:Originally posted by Fantasy Lessons:
Let me see...

[/QUOTE]So who would you select in the 4th instead??
[/QUOTE]Now or then?
@RedRyder

Inf4life

Post by Inf4life » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:11 pm

Then. Since it seems that you wouldn't take him in the 4th now either.
2007 NFFC Classic Champion

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:29 pm

Originally posted by weber:
my biggest regret is not taking lamont jordan in every draft i entered. i took him in 4th round in wcoff and wcoff auction. i loved him this year and backed away in nffc because i didn't want him in all leagues.. dumb decision. also shying away from moss. the one league i have him in NFFC Sat league im 5-1 doing great. i had 8th pick, was pissed coming out of the draft, now looking back i did my best job on the fly, not preparing for it, i have palmer, willie parker, benson, leonard, moss, chambers, mason, winslow, just a solid team. oh well, would coulda shoulda.. LJ hurt me in the start of this year.. i think he'll be fine but he's like chad johnson last year.. started off like crap then exploded, but too little too late. thats how i feel in both wcoff and nffc. Just Curious, but why would back away from Jordan in the NFFC? The drafts were first, so there was no guarentee that you would own them the next week-end.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:42 pm

Originally posted by CC's Desperados:
quote:Originally posted by weber:
my biggest regret is not taking lamont jordan in every draft i entered. i took him in 4th round in wcoff and wcoff auction. i loved him this year and backed away in nffc because i didn't want him in all leagues.. dumb decision. also shying away from moss. the one league i have him in NFFC Sat league im 5-1 doing great. i had 8th pick, was pissed coming out of the draft, now looking back i did my best job on the fly, not preparing for it, i have palmer, willie parker, benson, leonard, moss, chambers, mason, winslow, just a solid team. oh well, would coulda shoulda.. LJ hurt me in the start of this year.. i think he'll be fine but he's like chad johnson last year.. started off like crap then exploded, but too little too late. thats how i feel in both wcoff and nffc. Just Curious, but why would back away from Jordan in the NFFC? The drafts were first, so there was no guarentee that you would own them the next week-end. [/QUOTE]Just getting home from dinner now. I read weber's post, and I instantly thought the same thing as you, Shawn.

Sometimes hindsight has astigmatism.

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:43 pm

Originally posted by Go Getta:
Then. Since it seems that you wouldn't take him in the 4th now either. Depends on who was still on the board.

In the 8-7-07 $500 Satellite, I drafted Adrian Peterson
In the NFFC Main I drafted Thomas Jones

VERY Doubtful I would take Plax now...in the NFFC mid-season league, I took MJD in the 4th...and have no idea if Plax was still on the board.

I do have a little luv for Plax, as I drafted him last year in a WCOFF Sat and he did contribute to my championship team.

I projected Plax at 65/1086/7 this year, hardly "washed up" numbers. Only Week 7 and he has already surpassed by TD projections. :eek:
@RedRyder