2007 NFFC Plans

renman

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by renman » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:42 am

Quahogs,

I actually did know about M. Jones-Drew and drafted him on my 4 main fantasy teams. ;)

Just pumping my hurt ego right now... I know this was not the point of your post.

ps. When do we get to see more Quahog photo humor?

sportsbettingman

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by sportsbettingman » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:48 am

Too much garbage time yards allowed for yards to matter.

A game is in hand...the DEF goes into "prevent"...and the yards pile up.

Points allowed is the goal of all DEF. (IMO)

Nice to see the spammers pretty much gone.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Quahogs

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by Quahogs » Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:05 am

Originally posted by renman:
Quahogs,

I actually did know about M. Jones-Drew and drafted him on my 4 main fantasy teams. ;)

Just pumping my hurt ego right now... I know this was not the point of your post.

ps. When do we get to see more Quahog photo humor? and you were rewarded for your foresight! It's just an idea - my way of trying to give back to the NFFC community, since I cant think of a damn thing to improve what I think is a top notch contest.

The only safe way to permit images (outside of some kind of intelligent filter) is to process new membership manually. i.e. something Greg/Tom would allow only after payment of at least one contest. Prospective entrants can still read what is going on but would have to contact the NFFC via email with any questions as opposed to putting them on the MB

Q

Route Collectors

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by Route Collectors » Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:19 am

Greg...would there be any possibility of going into the playoffs with zero points? I've been on the other side of this debate in the past but now that you're giving a free entry to the points leader it seems like a good idea to start the playoffs from scratch.

King of Queens

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by King of Queens » Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:32 am

Originally posted by Quahogs:
The only safe way to permit images (outside of some kind of intelligent filter) is to process new membership manually.Already suggested, and highly recommended.

TradeStar28

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by TradeStar28 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:53 am

Greg,

Here are the 3 things I would like to see changed for NFFC 2007 :

1) Increase the Grand Prize to $150,000, as well as increasing spots 2-8 payouts. Also, with a 25% projected growth rate, possibly have the payouts go to the top 10. I will think of a payout scale a little bit later.

2) Revamp the NFFC home page. That is the store front for your business and it needs an extreme makeover. Most importantly, the player pages could be ALOT better and I would be happy to give you some insight on what additions should be made.

3) I wouldn't mind seeing -2 for an INT especially since PASSING TD's are worth 6 points. A defense gets +2 for INT so why shouldn't the QB (or whomever tosses the TD)

4) I think you should put together an event committee of NFFC players in each city who can help plan the ultimate draft day event. Obviously this will coincide with any new sponsors you may have. I was thinking of a 3 person committee for each city.

Other than that, I am sure I have more input but this is off the top of my head.
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

King of Queens

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by King of Queens » Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:58 am

Originally posted by FISHER:
1) Increase the Grand Prize to $150,000, as well as increasing spots 2-8 payouts. Also, with a 25% projected growth rate, possibly have the payouts go to the top 10. I will think of a payout scale a little bit later. Sounds great! But with only 25% more entrants, I don't believe that you have enough to increase 1st through 10th place by that much.

Ted's Cracked Head

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:03 am

I guarantee that the NFFC will grow more than 25% in 2007.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Greg Ambrosius

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:07 am

Originally posted by Route C:
Greg...would there be any possibility of going into the playoffs with zero points? I've been on the other side of this debate in the past but now that you're giving a free entry to the points leader it seems like a good idea to start the playoffs from scratch. Nope. I like the idea of rewarding regular season performances with some bit of an advantage. 1x your weekly scoring average is the least I would consider.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:08 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Quahogs:
The only safe way to permit images (outside of some kind of intelligent filter) is to process new membership manually.Already suggested, and highly recommended. [/QUOTE]That is one way to go. That manually part is the part that's holding me back! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius