Is An 18-Game NFL Season Inevitable?

cdavault

Post by cdavault » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:00 pm

Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
quote:Originally posted by TOXIC ASSETS:
Going from 16 to 18 games has to be one of the worst ideas I've ever heard. There are so many injuries already with just 16 games. You add two more games and some of these teams will be advertising in the want ads section of the newspaper by the time you get to the end of the year. No reason to do it, other than greed. Keep it at 16 games, it's worked well for 30 years now. there is good and bad to this. as far as injuries go its not like nobody gets hurt in preseason games. a number of injuries happen in preseason. i think life span for rb's will be cut short. im sure roosters will be expanded on real nfl teams. season ticket holders wont have to buy games that you cant give away. as much as people dont like change we will get used to it. [/QUOTE]the prospect of having 2 more games to watch is exciting. true players are already worn down after 16 games and a deep run in the playoffs will play a lot of games. but would it not be fun to have 2 more weeks of fantasy football each season? i cant get enough and it seems compared to NBA and Baseball the football season is just way too short.

[ November 17, 2010, 07:01 PM: Message edited by: Popcorn Maker ]

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:22 pm

Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
quote:
there is good and bad to this. as far as injuries go its not like nobody gets hurt in preseason games. a number of injuries happen in preseason. i think life span for rb's will be cut short. im sure roosters will be expanded on real nfl teams. [/QUOTE]

Money

Post by Money » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:03 pm

Originally posted by Quahogs:
quote:Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
quote:
there is good and bad to this. as far as injuries go its not like nobody gets hurt in preseason games. a number of injuries happen in preseason. i think life span for rb's will be cut short. im sure roosters will be expanded on real nfl teams. [/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]Hog, you are funny man with a great sense of humor.......
Joe

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:11 am

so you thought i was funny huh ? am i here to make you laugh ? do i look funny ? do i talk funny ? maybe im a clown to make you laugh , is that it.
:D :D :D :D :D
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:24 am

why don't you go F yourself Blackhand?
:D

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:09 am

Originally posted by Quahogs:

why don't you go F yourself Blackhand?
:D you know what happened to him. had to dig a hole. but it wasnt the first one that had to be dug. :D :D

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:42 am

"Oh yeah? I make one phone cawl, one phone cawl, and you'll find that shovel of yours _ _ your _ _ _ "

kapefear

Post by kapefear » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:27 am

Wow, PRICELESS.... Thats what the message board is all about.. Thanks Steven and the GODFATHER, I needed that.....

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:11 am

now if brandon marshall can just get me 15pts tonight we can squash this whole matter. :cool:

Purple Helmets

Post by Purple Helmets » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:45 am

I still don't think we're going to see football next season...or at least not at the beginning of the season. This deal is FAR from getting done and there are no negotiations scheduled. The players are going to have to cave because the owners won't. The owners will still get the TV revenues even during a work stoppage.
Living the dream!