Time To Consider PPR For RBs In The NFFC

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:42 am

I very much like the idea of a 14-team 0.5 PPR, and a 12-team full PPR. It keeps the Classic, well, classic, and the 12-team more mainstream.

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:52 am

As a player I like the 14 team events as they are. As a business you always have to supply what the customer demands so I understand the question to change or not to change.

I think if you can gain more business you have to do it but I'd hate to see our contest change and not see the customer base increase. Talk is cheap (regarding new customers). Most of us have been here for all 7 years as loyal customers and friends.

Don't sell out what we've built together unless you have done your due diligence and are as sure as you can be that this change will grow the contest.

I keep hearing so and so won't play in this contest if we don't change this or that....really?

Where else are these customers gonna go at this point anyway? Whichever contest they choose it will be a variation from the one they've grown accustomed to.

Having a proven track record for paying is REALLY big right now. There aren't too many safe choices to play in and you've earned the right to toss out your product as is because of it's integrity.

I can't all believe WCOFF'ers would quit FF rather than try a new format. I know FF ballers. It's just not gonna happen Greg. Compete with whatever reliable games are out there but don't try to resurrect a dead contest. What's the point. Those customers will pay to play somewhere period.

Market your strengths and you'll have better results growing just like you did in the beginning.

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:08 pm

I think it is plenty unique over here as is with 6 a TD pass, KDS, 3RR. It is time for point a catch for everyone. That being said, I don't agree at all that it should be different scoring systems for different leagues here. Have an NFFC scoring system and go with it. Strong vote here for point a catch.

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:15 pm

Oh nevermind, I see decision is made. Not a deal breaker for me, but I do think NFFC should go with one scoring system, but I will be playing either way obviously.

BONGIZMO

Post by BONGIZMO » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:40 pm

I also will be here either way but agree with Chad that one scoring system makes sense. I realize many of us want the Classic to remain the same but it hasn't, if it had there wouldn't be KDS or 3RR.

You've made tweaks over the years Greg, often across all your contests thus going 1 PPR across all again might make sense...just a thought.
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:07 am

Originally posted by philpo:
Looking back at the last 11 seasons total points scored for rb's and wr's that scored 200 points or more per season here are the averages per season.

.05 ppr 14.4 rb's
1.0 ppr 18.6 rb's
1.0 ppr 23.5 wr's This is poor information.

It makes no sense.

renman

Post by renman » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:20 am

Let me first say I will be there with bells on for draft day regardless of how many points the RB gets for a reception. So this will not impact my entry either way.

Having said that, I personally think a full point is too much for a dump off pass to an RB. I didn't read the entire thread so I am sure I will echo some of the sentiments shared by others. I like how the .5 per reception for RB's shakes up how the first couple rounds break down. I like being challenged to forgo the traditional "hammer RB's early" strategy and consider stud WR's or even a QB.

I can imagine the number of fantasy games dramatically impacted in garbage time where RB's on teams getting blown out get 3 or 4 (or more) dump off passes in that final meaningless drive.

I would be in the camp of having a full ppr for RB's in the 12 game format or even the online games and keep the Classic at .5 for RB's. I can't imagine that a huge number of people are balking at the classic mainly because of the .5 for RB's. I am not saying that this hasn't come up in conversation among players, I just don't think this is a big deal breaker for many people.

Just my opinion.

[ April 17, 2011, 08:22 AM: Message edited by: Renman ]

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:36 am

Originally posted by Renman:
I would be in the camp of having a full ppr for RB's in the 12 game format or even the online games and keep the Classic at .5 for RB's. This is what Greg and Tom decided on, Renman.

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:57 am

I hope the Classic can survive without changing. Will it be able to draw an equal number of new contestants to the number who leave over time?

With that said, I like the decision for the 12-team format. With so much specialization at the RB position, it makes drafting a pass-catching #2 in a RBBC more palatable.

Now, with 3RR the top end of the draft gets heavier. McCoy goes through the roof.

Now, if we could get 1.5PPR for TEs, all would be right in the world.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:34 am

Originally posted by Cocktails and Dreams:
I think it is plenty unique over here as is with 6 a TD pass, KDS, 3RR. It is time for point a catch for everyone. That being said, I don't agree at all that it should be different scoring systems for different leagues here. Have an NFFC scoring system and go with it. Strong vote here for point a catch. I understand your feelings here Chad and we talked about this in Las Vegas in March. I totally agree with you that the NFFC is already unique with 6 points per passing TD, KDS and 3RR. I thought long and hard about changing both games to PPR for all positions, rather than keep both games at 0.5 point per reception. But as the only contest with TWO Main Events, I do like the different scoring systems to see who really is the best owner in the industry. It's not like folks haven't been preparing for years for both scoring formats anyway. They just played NFFC and one of the other high-stakes contests. I think most people will have their homework done for both scoring contests anyway. Now on that Saturday of NFFC drafts, you'll have two different Cheat Sheets needed to win both $100,000 grand prizes.

But I do understand the feeling that folks would like one universal scoring system in the NFFC. In many ways we have that with 6 pt per passing TD, 3RR, KDS and 13-week regular seasons. Now the lone differentials are the points per reception for RBs, and the size of the leagues.

Please continue to provide the feedback. I want to maintain the lure of the Classic Main Event, while making the 12-team Primetime a major player in the industry. I think both contests can excel and grow in today's marketplace. Let's make it happen together.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius