3INTBOY

I Hate This Game Sometimes

Post by 3INTBOY » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:13 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
quote:Originally posted by da bears:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by da bears:
Yeah Steve Smith really made me mad yesterday, but at least your Packers won Tom. My Bears looked dreadful last night Its going to be a long year this year I fear for the Bears. Grossman's awful. And the Cowboys' offense is pretty damn good. I talked about this on my radio show last Friday but I've never understood why when a good defense faces a good offense the advantage automatically goes to the defense? Why shouldn't the offense get the nod? I've never understood that. [/QUOTE]Yep I agree Grossman is really awful. I think Grossman will be on the bench soon especially if they lose to detroit this week. The Cowboys look great and with Marion Barber running the ball like that they are the team to beat in the NFC right now.
[/QUOTE]The Vikings have a QB that threw 4 INTs last week ... and played a 34 year old Kelly Holcomb in his place ... which was an UPGRADE! We would kill for Grossman to be our starter!

We'll trade T Jackson for Grossman straight up!

or we'll even throw in Holcomb for Griese to sweeten the deal if you want.
[/QUOTE]The Vikings' decision to pass on Leftwich was asinine. I'm not a big Leftwich fan but he'd be a HUGE upgrade for that team. He's worked with crap receivers before so that'd be nothing new but he would give them a solid QB at worst. Combine that with a standout running game, a terrific run defense and an overall defense that is aggressive and can force turnovers and now you have a team that can make some noise in the NFC this season.

It's absolutely shocking to me that the Vikings thought going with Jackson, Holcomb and Bollinger was the way to go. The most important position on the field and you go with that collection of garbage? You deserve what you get when you make decisions like that in my opinion.
[/QUOTE]Tom,

The Vikings are running the West Coast offense, Leftwich has that long below the waist start point delivery.
he couldn't function in the WCO. And he would be another piece of garbage.

3'

ETA-The Pakers are just one step closer to Ryan Grant time! (That's just me being excited, because I need him with Ahman looking like an injury "out" for a while)
SS killed me yesterday, but Favre was great again.
Favre will be a Top 12 QB until he retires for FF purposes. He's that good.

[ September 24, 2007, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: 3INT/BFDFANTASYfootball.com ]

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:19 am

Leftwich is considerably more talented than any QB the Vikings have. Again, that's more a reflection on the crap they have as opposed to any belief that Leftwich is a great QB. I'd rather roll the dice with talent rather than continuing to trot garbage onto the field and undercutting the team's chances to win.

The Vikings win yesterday if they had an above-average QB. Unfortunately, they continue to play well below-average QBs and it's cost them in both of the games they've lost.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:27 am

YEAH THERE ARE A LOT OF TEAMS OUT THERE WITH Q.B. PROBLEMS. MINN AND CHI STAND OUT THE MOST BUT THERE MANY OTHERS.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:28 am

Originally posted by KOTRAX:
YEAH THERE ARE A LOT OF TEAMS OUT THERE WITH Q.B. PROBLEMS. MINN AND CHI STAND OUT THE MOST BUT THERE MANY OTHERS. Which makes no sense to me given how it's the most important position on the field. And in the NFC in particular you shouldn't shortchange yourself at a key position given how wide open the conference is.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

mkrucek

Post by mkrucek » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:30 am

Leftwich is considerably more talented than any QB the Vikings have. Again, that's more a reflection on the crap they have as opposed to any belief that Leftwich is a great QB. I'd rather roll the dice with talent rather than continuing to trot garbage onto the field and undercutting the team's chances to win.

The Vikings win yesterday if they had an above-average QB. Unfortunately, they continue to play well below-average QBs and it's cost them in both of the games they've lost. I think Brad Childress is another of those coaches that really believe it's their system that wins games and they can take below-average talent and win with it. He deserves the fate that will come in thinking that Jackson was ready to start. Even the best of systems require talent and when your passing game has nothing at qb or wr it's not going anywhere. Put Jackson at qb in Belichick's system and let's see what a genius he is.

And the situation in Minnesota is going to kill Peterson. Can you imagine AP in Green Bay this year with Favre throwing the ball?
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:32 am

I don't think it kills Peterson. The one thing the Vikings can do offensively is run the ball - and they run it extremely well. Peterson is clearly a special player and Taylor and Moore are both good RBs too. They have a strong run-blocking offensive line. Peterson would definitely be helped by a better passing game but it's been apparent through three games the lack of one isn't hurting him significantly.

I do think it'll be a tough test for him against the Packers, though. They really sold out to stop LT and shut him down and I would expect them to do the same against Peterson and Taylor.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:33 am

Reggie Brown is killing me in the SNAKE Classic and Hines Ward is killing me in the WCOFF. All I'm asking for is WR2 numbers and they can't do that. If it weren't for the Bengal aerial show I'd be in deep sh*t at this point.

As for LT2, Steve Smith, and LJ, as a coach I would load up on them and let the rest of the offenses on those teams beat me. Atlanta did that and got beat by DeShaun Foster but that won't happen on a consistent basis. But SD and KC are struggling with either inconsistent game plans or qb play because teams have finally wised up to throw 8 in the box to stop LT2 and LJ and are daring the qbs to beat them. Rivers has more weapons so you have to wonder what Norv is doing over there.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:39 am

Talking about garbage QB's hurting their teams; how can Az. continue to trot out Leinert when its apparent to most that Warner gives them the best chance to win NOW. In the crap division Az. competes, they would actually stand a chance of winning IF they get reasonable QB play. Leinart MAY be the future here but its painful watching him develop. If the O-line gives Warner time he'll pick apart any Defense, given the same opportunity Leinart will still screw it up, with his inability to read defenses and his raggy "Chad Pennington" arm.

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:44 am

quote:Originally posted by KOTRAX:
YEAH THERE ARE A LOT OF TEAMS OUT THERE WITH Q.B. PROBLEMS. MINN AND CHI STAND OUT THE MOST BUT THERE MANY OTHERS. Which makes no sense to me given how it's the most important position on the field. And in the NFC in particular you shouldn't shortchange yourself at a key position given how wide open the conference is. [/QUOTE]I AGREE TOM. I GUESS IF IT'S NOT ONE THING ITS ANOTHER. BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED IF WE HAD TO RANK THE TOP5 QB'S EVEN OUTSIDE THE FANTASY ASPECT IT PROBABLY WOULD HAVE LOOKED SOMETHING LIKE THIS.

1. MANNING
2. BRADY
3. PALMER
4. BREES
5. BULGER

NOW IF YOU COMBINE THE RECORDS OF 3,4,5 YOU GET A RECORD OF 1-7 AND COULD EASILY BE 0-8 WITH THE QUESTIONABLE INTERFERENCE CALL IN THE BALT GAME. SO EVEN IF YOU HAVE A GOOD QB YOU CAN HAVE OTHER PROBLEMS.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:47 am

No question but the Vikings have a standout running game and a standout run defense. Give that team a decent QB - just a decent one - and they could contend in the NFC. If they weren't so weak at QB they could be 3-0 right now.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich