2007-08 Fantasy Basketball Leagues

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:35 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by RedRyder:
Greg, I don't see my name... Fantasy Freakin' Basketball?????

Welcome to the Big Show, Jules...
[/QUOTE]Umm, this could be a donation type thingy...we'll see.
@RedRyder

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:54 pm

I'd love to get back into the NBA...but the season is LONG and overlaps both the NFL and MLB big time.

...and it's the 3rd most corrupt sport behind horse racing and boxing.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

powens

Post by powens » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:02 pm

Will there be any cheaper options?

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:04 pm

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
I'd love to get back into the NBA...but the season is LONG and overlaps both the NFL and MLB big time.I like to think of it as "bridging the gap" :D

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:35 pm

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
I'd love to get back into the NBA...but the season is LONG and overlaps both the NFL and MLB big time.

~Lance Lance, I know you bet on anything that moves. Do you avoid the NBA and basketball in general? This might be a supplement to your "hobby." :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:37 pm

Originally posted by powens:
Will there be any cheaper options? I don't think so. I'd love to grow this sport and add more online leagues to show folks how much fun fantasy basketball is, but unfortunately there's a roadblock to doing that and it's not self-imposed. It's a long story. Maybe next year we can offer more options for basketball, but it's too late to do that now.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:45 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by sportsbettingman:

~Lance Lance, I know you bet on anything that moves. Do you avoid the NBA and basketball in general? This might be a supplement to your "hobby." :D
[/QUOTE]I'll pick my spots in NBA games...NCAA basketball being the better bet. (and a loss hurts more to the NCAA, but NBA teams can lose and it's not a really big deal (like MLB).)

The NBA lines are so close to the final score...it actually makes sense to tease...a 6 point tease hits both ways more often than you'd believe. (on both the side and total)

Actually...fantasy basketball is awesome. It has all the action of football, and even better in that when your player is on the court you can score at any time...DEF as well OFF...non-stop scoring opportunities for your players.

It also is great because there are games nightly...so like baseball there's plenty of fun and boxscores.

It gives you a reason to actually watch more than the final 5 minutes of an NBA game!

When I bet on the NBA...the final 5 minutes are all I need to watch.

~Lance

[ October 10, 2007, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: sportsbettingman ]
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:45 am

I'll add a Thursday night draft for those folks who can't make the weekend draft. First 12 teams in get that night. Thanks all.

And yes I'll definitely consider 3RR/KDS for basketball. Time to be the leader in that sport with this format as well.

NATIONAL FANTASY BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP
Saturday, Oct. 27th Drafts
MockDraftCentral.com, 2 p.m. EST
1. Glenn Schroter
2. Michael Edelman
3. Eric Wong
4. Jim Ferrari
5. Sammy Zahler
6. Yoni Bornstein
7. Scott Newman
8. Will Tyrer
9. Howard Markowitz
10. Steve Lightfoot
11. Jeff Meyer
12. Jeff Dobies
13. Jules McLean
14. Aaron Smith (Los Angeles)
15. Todd Lammi
16. Eddie Gillis
17. David Deterra

NATIONAL FANTASY BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP
Thursday, Oct. 25th Drafts
MockDraftCentral.com, 7 p.m. EST
1. Rey Diaz
2. Anson Chan
3. Scott Newman
4. Glenn Schroter
5. Bobby Brendler
6. George Kleemann
7. Todd Zola
8. Eric Wong
9. Paul Spradling
10. Chris Schinker
11. John Hogan
12. Rob Giese
13. Dylan Kolatzki

[ October 11, 2007, 11:30 AM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:48 am

Okay, just an update on the leagues: We will use KDS/3RR for basketball as all of the signups thus far are customers who are familiar with this process. I'll ask that everyone e-mail me their KDS preferences to [email protected]. Let's put a deadline of noon EST on Friday, Oct. 19th for both leagues and see if we can pick all of the leagues no later than Monday, Oct. 22nd. That way we'll get everyone set up on MockDraftCentral.com and then the game site.

Right now, we are looking to set up these leagues on Sportsline.com. We had several folks who were dissatisfied with our stat service this year and it doesn't look like STATS will be able to handle basketball for us. Most folks are familiar with Sportsline and they do offer $1,000 FAAB for us. We'll finalize this next week, but feel free to provide input on this decision here or via e-mail if you have thoughts.

Tom or I will contact everyone next week for payment info once the leagues are full. Right now we're just trying to fill two leagues per night and have some fun with basketball. I think offering two nights is the best option and it should be fun now with KDS/3RR. So think about your draft preferences and then e-mail those to me next week.

We did publish NBA.com's Fantasy Basketball magazine this year and it is currently on newsstands if that helps. E-mail Tom if you can't find a copy and maybe he can help you out or find one around the office here for you. Enjoy all and look for more details about the league soon.

stool pigeon

Post by stool pigeon » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:36 am

[ October 11, 2007, 09:42 AM: Message edited by: stool pigeon ]
kaw f'ing kaw