quote:Originally posted by Captain Hook:
Since you opened the box....who are your seven QBs Tom? 1. Brady
2. Manning
3. Romo
4. Brees
5. Palmer
6. Anderson
7. Roethlisberger

I'd probably put Hasselbeck on that list as well. In fact, I'm pretty sure I'd bump it up to 8 to include him.
[/QUOTE]1) Good you had me concerned leaving Hass off

2) Obviously that means you don't trust Soup Boy's health enough to draft him. How far would he have to fall for you to draft him as your QB2?
[/QUOTE]I have McNabb 11th but I could see ranking him as high as 9th. When healthy, he's an elite QB but you obviously can't trust him to stay healthy. If you draft him, make damn sure you have a strong backup QB.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

I'll Chat Today At 2 PM ET

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:31 am

Originally posted by Captain Hook:
Tom I trust/hope Iola isn't under water like many places in Wisconsin. Is everyone there okay? Any problems in the surrounding areas? We're ok here. Thanks for asking Perry. South of Iola got hit pretty hard. I have family in Cedar Rapids, Iowa and they were hit real hard. I have a wedding coming up in a couple of weeks (not mine :D ) and we still don't know where the reception will be. The downtown has been flooded.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:32 am

Originally posted by RiFF:
Do you see any of this year's rookie RB's having a shot to put up top 10 #'s. If so which one(s). If not which rookie RB's do you believe will put up the best stats? I think McFadden has Top 15 potential, not sure about Top 10 although I think it's possible in PPR leagues. I think he's the best of the bunch but I do think Stewart and Forte will fare well. I'm less enamored with Kevin Smith. I keep looking at him and thinking he might be this year's Brandon Jackson.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:33 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
2. Manning
3. Romo
4. Brees
5. Palmer
6. Anderson
7. Roethlisberger

I'd probably put Hasselbeck on that list as well. In fact, I'm pretty sure I'd bump it up to 8 to include him.
[/QUOTE]JUST OUT OF CURIOSITY WHY YOU ARE SO SOLD ON HASSELBECK THIS YEAR?

HE TOP RECEIVER PROBABLY WON'T BE BACK UNTIL MID-SEASON. HE SECOND BEST IS PROBABLY HOLDING OUT AND HE HAS NO TIGHT END.

ALONG WITH THE FACT THEY WENT OUT AND SPENT MONEY ON TWO BACKS AND NO RECEIVERS.

ROUGHLY WHAT ARE YOU PROJECTING HIS NUMBERS TO BE?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:33 am

Originally posted by KOTRAX:
HEY TOM ASSUMING THAT DEUCE MCALLISTER COMES BACK HEALTHY WILL HE BE BETTER "VALUE" PICK THAN BUSH CONSIDERING HE WILL BE THE FIRST, SECOND DOWN AND GOAL LINE BACK.

VERSUS

BUSH BEING THE THIRD DOWN AND RECEIVEING SPOT CARRIES HERE AND THERE ALONG WITH SOME PASSING FORMATIONS

WITH BUSH GOING IN THE SECOND ROUND ON AVERAGE AND MCALLISTER GOING IN THE SEVENTH ROUND ON AVERAGE. I just don't think Deuce is going to do much. I think even if Bush doesn't improve upon last season he'll be the more valuable fantasy RB. The guy to watch there just might be Pierre Thomas. They love him and if Deuce falters he could get a shot.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:35 am

quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
2. Manning
3. Romo
4. Brees
5. Palmer
6. Anderson
7. Roethlisberger

[/QUOTE]JUST OUT OF CURIOSITY WHY YOU ARE SO SOLD ON HASSELBECK THIS YEAR?

HE TOP RECEIVER PROBABLY WON'T BE BACK UNTIL MID-SEASON. HE SECOND BEST IS PROBABLY HOLDING OUT AND HE HAS NO TIGHT END.

ALONG WITH THE FACT THEY WENT OUT AND SPENT MONEY ON TWO BACKS AND NO RECEIVERS.

ROUGHLY WHAT ARE YOU PROJECTING HIS NUMBERS TO BE?
[/QUOTE]Hasselbeck has faced a revolving door of WRs for some time now and he's always produced. They haven't used the TE much and I don't think Carlson will be any worse than Pollard was. I like Engram a lot and Burleson has been getting raves. Plus, they have some young WRs like Obomanu and Taylor they like a lot. I also think they'll throw much more to Jones than the Cowboys ever did to take advantage of his big-play ability in space (I could never figure out why the Cowboys didn't do that more). I could see him throwing for around 3,850 yards and 25 TDs.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:41 am

O.K. SOUNDS FAIR ENOUGH. WE WILL REMEMBER THIS THREAD. I JUST HAVE HIM AS ONE OF MY BUST THIS YEAR AND JUST WOULDN'T WANT HIM ON MY TEAM.

PERSONALLY ESPECIALLY FROM A VALUE STANDPOINT I'D RATHER HAVE JAKE DELHOMME OVER HIM.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:43 am

I love Delhomme. Huge fan. I think he may have a little more potential than Hasselbeck but he also comes with considerably more risk.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:45 am

O.K. SOUNDS FAIR ENOUGH. WE WILL REMEMBER THIS THREAD. I JUST HAVE HIM AS ONE OF MY BUST THIS YEAR AND JUST WOULDN'T WANT HIM ON MY TEAM.

PERSONALLY ESPECIALLY FROM A VALUE STANDPOINT I'D RATHER HAVE JAKE DELHOMME OVER HIM. Ormond - sorry I don't get the Delhomme comp - he will be drafted at a point where he would be a QB2 or part of a QBBC.

....and Hass doesn't have any health issues. BTW I don't think there is any chance that Engram won't be there from game 1 and 100% ready.

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:46 am

I AGREE THERE HASSELBECK IS THE MORE HEALTHY OPTION BUT IF THEY BOTH PLAY 16 GAMES AND WHERE I COULD DRAFT DELHOMME VERSUS HASSELBECK I WOULD DRAFT DELHOMME EVERYTIME.

ESPECIALLY WITH THE FACT HE IS THROWING TO STEVE SMITH EVERY WEEK.

I SEE THAT IS A PRETTY GOOD THING TO HAVE.