Observations

BLACKHAND

Observations

Post by BLACKHAND » Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:11 am

I was in the same ny league #5 and although i had a good time and the guys drafting were great, i have to say those board guys were very bad. they had no idea what they were doing at all. they got insulted when asked to shout out the player drafted so others knew what was going on. it seemed the only english they knew was "30 seconds left".....PRIMO and myself had a good idea. next year we get the girls from SCORES.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

TamuScarecrow

Observations

Post by TamuScarecrow » Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:45 am

it seemed the only english they knew was "30 seconds left".....PRIMO and myself had a good idea. next year we get the girls from SCORES.I'm sure Greg and Tom would love for someone to step up and get the SCORES or Hooter girls to do the boards next year instead of listening to the usual whiners on this MB. Our guys in Chicago were excellent and next year BWazz, RC, Joe, Mike, Don, and the gang are going to try to get to Chicago early enough to help Rocky out by getting the girls at the strip club down the street to come help out. :D Just kidding about the strippers, Rocky, but not kidding about getting the Hooter girls there next year.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

BLACKHAND

Observations

Post by BLACKHAND » Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:54 am

not whining , but it does make it hard if you can't hear who is being picked and when you ask he tells you it will be up on the board in a minute , then they put the wrong johnson , smith or williams up there.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Nag'

Observations

Post by Nag' » Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:20 am

The wonderful thing about Dyv is that he's the only one who would publically call people morons because they had a draft strategy different from the masses. Nice job Dyv. Somehow, I'm not surprised.
For Players. By Players.

richieprimo

Observations

Post by richieprimo » Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:24 am

Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
I was in the same ny league #5 and although i had a good time and the guys drafting were great, i have to say those board guys were very bad. they had no idea what they were doing at all. they got insulted when asked to shout out the player drafted so others knew what was going on. it seemed the only english they knew was "30 seconds left".....PRIMO and myself had a good idea. next year we get the girls from SCORES. Don't be so rough on those guys. Remember that they didn't speak English, nor did they know football, so that kind of work is tough for them. Bring in the hotties next year...they'll have the same problems, but we won't mind it at all. By the way...great to match some faces to the board names on Saturday. It was a lot of fun with a great bunch of guys at Table #5. Good luck all and enjoy my donation. :cool:
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.

TamuScarecrow

Observations

Post by TamuScarecrow » Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:25 am

not whining , but it does make it hard if you can't hear who is being picked and when you ask he tells you it will be up on the board in a minute , then they put the wrong johnson , smith or williams up there.Understand your point, Blackhand, but several of us complained last year when I'm sitting there ready to make a pick and the guy next to me is lost until the moderator in the league next to us shouts out the player's name I'm waiting to take and the guy next to me says, "Oh yeah", and shouts my player's name out. That's why they were instructed to keep it down this year.

You guys in NY are the smartest guys on the planet so I know if you put your heads together you can fix any problem.

Here are some suggestions for next year for NY:

1) Those of you with teenage boys, bring them to put the stickers up. Call it male bonding time.
2) Bring the wife or girlfriend to put the stickers up so you can holler at her for a change and prove SHE can mess up.
3) Don't invite the SCORES girls or the Hooter girls because if you can't handle guys who are not distracting you messing up, you will not be able to handle girls who ARE distracting you messing up. I had experience with this last year in Vegas and enjoyed helping the girl at the board while my partner picked our team. :D
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place

Sack

Observations

Post by Sack » Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:17 am

Drafted in the Main Event NYC #6. Facillitators were solid. Same can be said for the Friday Draft/Auction. NYC #6 had a sticker guy and a young dude with a stopwatch. All of us were quick to realize that the kid with the stopwatch wasn't messing around. We were finished first...kudo's.

[ September 04, 2005, 06:37 PM: Message edited by: Sack ]

Ted's Cracked Head

Observations

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:45 am

(although far less damaging assuming the #3 owner drafted well after LT2). I blew it big time, after that picked I panicked and took Curtis Martin in the 2nd and Harrison in the 3rd. It went downhill from there. I was so shocked that I lost it. I want a do-over.

No one has the "answers" at this point and bashing folks for their picks will only make for better "fodder" later if they are succesful.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Dyv

Observations

Post by Dyv » Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:11 pm

Originally posted by JerseyPaul:
Priest requires 2 picks in the first 5 rounds to nail down KC production... some could consider this expensive.

Kevin Jones has an ankle injury of undetermined severity.

McCallister has to deal with all away games and a tragedy in his home city.

Manning and Culpepper had the same points per game last year and were about 14 ppg better than the 14th QB. Tomlinson was only about 8 ppg better than the 28th RB last year. So who's the moron, Dyv?

I think your post was the result of some early partying. I think all you wiseguy posters owe some people an apology. Uh, yeah - my bad. Good job, dude.

I still want you in my league next year.

Thanks,

Dyv
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

TamuScarecrow

Observations

Post by TamuScarecrow » Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:14 pm

I have an observation for you, Dyv. Our LBS vs. World rosters still aren't on the website yet so instead of harassing the poor uninformed players how about harassing STATS to get our stuff loaded up. :D
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place