LAST BIG NFFC RULE FIX

mikeybok

LAST BIG NFFC RULE FIX

Post by mikeybok » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:25 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
We had a shot an Maroney in FA tonight. We wanted him but didn't think we needed to shot are whole wad to get him (but were willing to). The guessing game of what others will bid is so random. The same guys go for $3 in one league and $540 in another. Seems like the guy who is willing to spend the most (not the best guesser) should get the player. That's all. Mike,

Was Maroney available in your MAIN league??? :eek:
[/QUOTE]Shocker ... I agree ... what would you have bid on him? I figure 20% chance to be a top starter ... 50% chance to spot start.

[ September 26, 2008, 09:26 PM: Message edited by: Ugly Yellow Tomatoes ]
Hakuna Matata!

DOOMSDAY

LAST BIG NFFC RULE FIX

Post by DOOMSDAY » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:25 pm

True that the bids throughout the leagues are staggeringly different. It is very strange how that always seems to be the case. I've been both "burned" and "blessed" by it.

If you were to really go to the highest bidder then you would have to plan for all league players to be available at specific times. And it will always truly go to the fattest wallet.

kapefear

LAST BIG NFFC RULE FIX

Post by kapefear » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:27 pm

There is NO WAY MARONEY BALONEY could ever be put out on the waiver wire unless on IR........

DOOMSDAY

LAST BIG NFFC RULE FIX

Post by DOOMSDAY » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:27 pm

I was a little surprised to have seen Crayton dropped prior to this past weekend, but Maroney seems even more of a panic.

Who else is being picked up that is better right now than Maroney?

kapefear

LAST BIG NFFC RULE FIX

Post by kapefear » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:30 pm

I sucked up the past two 0"s and didnt drop him, but aquired LANCE MOORE and thinking of starting him over CRAYTON.....

mikeybok

LAST BIG NFFC RULE FIX

Post by mikeybok » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:30 pm

Originally posted by DOOMSDAY:
True that the bids throughout the leagues are staggeringly different. It is very strange how that always seems to be the case. I've been both "burned" and "blessed" by it.

If you were to really go to the highest bidder then you would have to plan for all league players to be available at specific times. And it will always truly go to the fattest wallet. You put your max bid in (like eBay) ... and the computer bids for you (like eBay). You basically get your guy for one more dollar than the next highest bidder.

Just because you have the money ... doesn't mean the guy is worth $1000. Yes ... If you had more $ than me ... you could lock me out ... so ... you can do that now?
Hakuna Matata!

mikeybok

LAST BIG NFFC RULE FIX

Post by mikeybok » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:33 pm

Originally posted by DOOMSDAY:
I was a little surprised to have seen Crayton dropped prior to this past weekend, but Maroney seems even more of a panic.

Who else is being picked up that is better right now than Maroney? I think Moroney is not much different than Morris Sea.
Hakuna Matata!

Sound Advice

LAST BIG NFFC RULE FIX

Post by Sound Advice » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:33 pm

Snake: I bid 200 on Maroney.
Billy: I bid 200 also.
Snake: Cut him in half.
Billy: No don't do that, Snake can have him.

Under the new rules -
Commish Russ: Billy was worried about his well-being. That proves he wanted him more. He goes to Billy for $1.