Fanball in Chicago= AWESOME!!!

Ry's Guys

Post by Ry's Guys » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:11 am

Both of my drafts had these guys in it and it was disgraceful. Guys complained and at one point the guy next to them moved and they openly mocked him while guys with FAnball shirts on laughed while they mocked one of their customers I already sent Greg/Tom an email regarding this. It was disgusting!!!
Pat Sorge

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:15 am

Not trying to be funny. Was it like going to watch golf and a Hockey fight broke out? Or was it like going to the movies and the people behind you were giving away all the funny lines in the movie?

John

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:18 am

The latter and I was subject to it 350 miles away on the phone!
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:21 am

Originally posted by Ryan E. Houston:
This seems odd -- coming from you Gekko given our "history".:D

since i was a jackass that one year (drunk), i've been a good school boy.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:22 am

Originally posted by Bullgod:
Both of my drafts had these guys in it and it was disgraceful. Guys complained and at one point the guy next to them moved and they openly mocked him while guys with FAnball shirts on laughed while they mocked one of their customers I already sent Greg/Tom an email regarding this. It was disgusting!!! Just like there are "big mouths" at poker tables to try and get under everyone's skin, put them on "tilt", etc. that MAY have been part of their "schtick".

That being said, when you are doing "rock, paper, scissors" in round TWO to select a player (shouldn't Gore been obvious with Fitz already?? :confused: A TOTAL gift!), not knowing Jamal Lewis was still on the board, and selecting Kevin Jones in round 20 who was IR'ed the day before on EVERY network, I think these guys forgot to bring the skills. This was in Chicago Primetime 3.

I wasn't going to bring all that up, but when I heard they mocked the guy for moving, that just isn't cool. I honestly don't think they have any idea how disruptive they were. :(

[ September 07, 2009, 11:22 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:25 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
Not trying to be funny. Was it like going to watch golf and a Hockey fight broke out? Or was it like going to the movies and the people behind you were giving away all the funny lines in the movie?

John It was pretty annoying, John. Not being able to hear the picks because these guys wanted to be "the show" was the worst.

Again, I was unaware of anyone contacting the Fanball staff, and I certainly didn't know about them filming these guys.

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:25 am

What NY'ers do at a ballgame, when ONE person acts stupid...ONE HUNDRED people chant "A**HOLE!". It usually works, and the person either gets so mad that they are ejected from the ballgame, or they sit down and shut up. Next year, if someone like this is getting to everyone that bad, remember the one team is against 11 others.

Then again, I KNOW what will shut guys like this up...GIRLS putting the stickers on the boards! Hot chicks make even the worst jacka$$es at least pretend to be civil.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:30 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
What NY'ers do at a ballgame, when ONE person acts stupid...ONE HUNDRED people chant "A**HOLE!". It usually works, and the person either gets so mad that they are ejected from the ballgame, or they sit down and shut up. Next year, if someone like this is getting to everyone that bad, remember the one team is against 11 others.

Then again, I KNOW what will shut guys like this up...GIRLS putting the stickers on the boards! Hot chicks make even the worst jacka$$es at least pretend to be civil. Where was Big Mike? Mark do you think this would have happen in your League? Franks? Glen's?

Billy I would have done nothing either, because of the fact that it would not have matter to me, plus it would like it did you only help me. :D

Again sorry it took the Fun out of the part of doing these Drafts Live in person.

John

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:36 am

Originally posted by Diesel:

Then again, I KNOW what will shut guys like this up...GIRLS putting the stickers on the boards! Hot chicks make even the worst jacka$$es at least pretend to be civil. I agree Marc, but with these guys, I can guarantee it would of only promoted some lewd undiscrete (like screaming it across the draft room) comments.

BONGIZMO

Post by BONGIZMO » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:53 am

On a seperate note, the pics for draft picks were a really pleasant surprise! No poses here, all action shots and an autograph to boot was a really nice touch! Thanks guys!
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.