Michael Treffiletti Wins $100,000 Classic Prize

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:13 am

Originally posted by Mike Treff:
Thanks again for all of your kind posts, it makes it sound even more real for me. This is a good group of people and I really appreciate all of your flattering posts.

A couple of things I said to my brother and my friend JP at the NFFC draft this year:

1. "This Gronkowski guy is going to catch 14 touchdowns this year"

2. "Yeah I missed out on our guy Woodhead, but I got Sproles a round later and I think he can be like a poor man's Woodhead."

3. "If Peyton Hillis is not available, I want Welker in the 3rd."

4. "This is the best team I've ever drafted. Now they just need to perform and stay healthy..."

2011 Champ Wow Mike

Some really good calls by you this year. It's so awesome when our predictions become realities. Congrats again...you deserve it!

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:22 am

Pretty funny... The players targeted at the draft were Hillis and Woodhead, who combined for just 180 NFFC points. Only due to them being drafted already did he end up with Welker and Sproles, who combined for 578!

I guess it's safe to say that there was some very good fortune involved that the desired players were "scooped up" by someone else?

DoubleG

Post by DoubleG » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:29 am

Congrats!

mtreff4

Post by mtreff4 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:19 pm

Well yeah I did hit on alot of my picks, and they all got hot late. Welker, Fitzy, Jennings, Romo, Sproles, Vernon, they all contributed and Gronk was a beast.

My team had two holes this season:

My #2 RB which I was rotating between Jacobs, Diggalo Willins (this is what we call him in my original fantasy league with my buddies from high school, the Big A's Challenge, a very good inside joke), and McCluster. Jacobs and Willins both came up huge for me in the playoffs.

My other hole was the Eagles D, my #1 ranked D coming into the season. They underperformed all year long, but then inexplicably dominated all three games in the fantasy playoffs and put up a ton of points in this league when I needed them. Victor Cruz and David Akers were arguably the two best waiver wire pickups of the season (I'll listen to DeMarco Murray and Laurent Robinson but that's about it), which put me over the top.

For the last month my team was either in first or second place every day, and I won the title with a 0 from my most important player, Romo, in the Championship %$#@&^ game! I watched in horror as Rodgers, Brees, Brady, and Cam LIT IT UP out there, and my guy sprains his hand on his second pass of the game. The lowest moment of my fantasy football coaching career. Nauseating. We had come so far. After losing Jennings the first week of the playoffs, I knew I couldn't withstand another major injury. I thought there were 5 powerful teams out there that would surely jump over me in the standings at this point.

Luckily every other member of my starting lineup stepped it up and contributed, and I put up about 165 in the title game. Amazing.

Thanks again for all your congratulations. I'm ecstatic. My heart has been pounding for three weeks, it is sure nice to get a good night's sleep from up here on top of the world.

mtreff4

Post by mtreff4 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:43 pm

The happiest minute of my life:

I'm at my Dad's favorite establishment in our home town of Clifton Park, NY with my Dad, Aunt Tina, Cousin Jeffrey and his good luck charm girlfriend, my buddies from my original 14 year-old league, Tikiri and Brad, the bartender and waitresses, Dave and Mike the regulars, and a group of about eight 22-year old kids that were cheering on their fantasy teams in the title game of their league where the winner wins $175 and they get to shave the last place team's coaches head.

I had checked my phone only during the commerical breaks to see a few texts from some close friends including my buddy Dave who texted me, "I've unleased Muddy (his miniature Daushaund mix) to New Orleans to eat Pierre Thomas's achilles. He won't be playing after halftime." But after halftime I put the phone away and convinced myself to look at it only after Sproles catches a TD pass.

At 2:51 in the game when Sproles caught that touchdown we all jumped out of our seats, hugged, yelled, jumped around, hugged again, my Aunt Tina had a few tears in her eyes, and the NFL stopped the game to celebrate Drew Brees having just set the all-time record for passing yards in a season, breaking Dan Marino's 27 year old record. The crowd goes wild, the Saints players, and Darren Sproles, engulf Brees, and I look at my phone... I have 37 new text messages... And the first one I read is from my brother, Steve:

"Hey Mikey, you see they just stopped the game and announced that you had won the 2011 fantasy football world championship?!?!?! And it appears as though Drew Brees has done something significant as well!"

Chi_Town_FEW

Post by Chi_Town_FEW » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:03 pm

Congrats Mike. The 14 team is the top of fantasy championships. Well deserved. Won it at the draft. All your picks before the break were spot on. My first Classic draft I called my buddies and told them how great the first half went. After the draft they asked how the second half went and I told them sadly I got a kicker and a defense. Thats how you win it, with a draft plan to attack a position or two early and all your homework for rounds 5-10. Great job.

Team Legacy

Post by Team Legacy » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:01 am

Mike, would love an interview. Send me your contact info. [email protected] Congrats champ!
Twitter: @ScottFantasy