Week #13 START/SIT...

DIESEL02

Week #13 START/SIT...

Post by DIESEL02 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:18 am

Cassel against the swiss cheese pass defense of Denver or Eli Manning against the 30th rated pass defense of Washington...what to do ...what to do ? Any advice to sway me would be appreciated. Good luck to all !!!
"Fortis fortuna adiuvat"-"Fortune favors the brave"

MGB MARTY

Week #13 START/SIT...

Post by MGB MARTY » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:21 am

Thanks Frank and Dyv
Leaning towards Jackson over Jacobs
Looks like Gates is out Obomanu at WR 3 and in Flex little afraid of Moore due to Bush being more involved Might roll with Naanee or Winslow in slot.
Russ I would play Obomanu regardless if BMW is active, he might not be at 100%. I would go with Danario for upside He will get more snaps Cards have thrown in towel and he will be lined up against a 2nd string DB Just an opinion Good Luck all
Marty

Glenneration X

Week #13 START/SIT...

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:44 am

Originally posted by Dyv:

Glenn: Yuck on your first question... for upside I take Ward and Rice. If you're scared off of either I think Benson is next best. Granted these are BIG risks, I don't like the options here ):

#2: I take Marshall and Bush. Pure upside and I don't get ANY impression that Bush was rushed back expect him to be fully in the gameplan.

#3: Morris and Winslow. Morris will be the feature back. Granted not a great pairing - not a strong push just a 'best I can see'

#4: Gonzalez and Harvin - obviously watch Harvin's migraines update - him playing or not playing affects Rice dramatically for other matchups you have.

Good luck! Thanks Dyv. You backed a lot of what I was leaning towards late last night. The Morris news about carrying the load definately has me leaning his way over Moss.

The one recommendation I'll probably shy away from is the Bush call. I might not need as much upside in that matchup, but can't afford a 3.5 point result. I might have to look for someone with a higher floor for that start even if it comes with a lower ceiling.

The best thing that could happen to me might be Harvin sitting (even if I'd lose him in a couple matchups) as I have Rice all over the place and I think his upside soars with Harvin out. AP missing out would also help, but would kill me on a couple teams I need him as well (the problem of having multiple squads ).

I know you have some dough on the line today as well. Good luck with your matchups and thanks again.

Glenn

Glenneration X

Week #13 START/SIT...

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:59 am

Originally posted by MGB MARTY:
Thanks Frank and Dyv
Leaning towards Jackson over Jacobs
Looks like Gates is out Obomanu at WR 3 and in Flex little afraid of Moore due to Bush being more involved Might roll with Naanee or Winslow in slot.
Marty Hey Marty, how are you Bud? Are you playing both weekends in March this year? If so, see you then.

I'd be starting FJax Marty, but I'd probably throw Jacobs in there as well against the Skins. Any reason why you don't seem to be considering him at flex over Nanee or Winslow?

Glenn

Glenneration X

Week #13 START/SIT...

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:03 am

Originally posted by Just Russ:
Choose 2 between this crap...

Obomanu/ Big Mike Williams vs. Car.
Crabtree @ GB
S. Rice vs. Buf.
Danario Alexander @ Arizona

I could also play 3 if you think one of them is better than playing Gerhart. I'm planning on playing Peterson, so was thinking of Gerhart as insurance at flex.

Maybe that's insanity?! :D Hey Russ, for me it depends what you need. If you need major upside, I might lean Rice & Danario, especially if Harvin is out. Those matchups are nice, especially Danario's as Arizona couldn't stop my son's pre-school team.

Of course, either one of those guys can also throw out a crappy game, so I'd have Obomanu in there if you need a pretty solid 10 points as I think he'll get catches BMW or not, but his upside this week may be limited.

Good luck Bud,
Glenn

BillyWaz

Week #13 START/SIT...

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:18 am

Originally posted by Baggler:
Cassel against the swiss cheese pass defense of Denver or Eli Manning against the 30th rated pass defense of Washington...what to do ...what to do ? Any advice to sway me would be appreciated. Good luck to all !!! Eddie,

Just looked at weather, and both places should be mid to high 30's with slightly more wind in the Meadowlands (no big surprise there).

Cassell has been on fire, but I think that KC will run, run, run on Denver, and put Champ (and maye someone else on Bowe). If they take Bowe out of the game, Cassell is limited.

I would go with Eli as he should be good for at least 250 and 2 TD's against that Washington D.

Pretty tough call, and ironically, I have Eli and my opponent has Cassell going today in a FPC championship game.

Good luck! :D

BillyWaz

Week #13 START/SIT...

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:24 am

Originally posted by Just Russ:
Choose 2 between this crap...

Obomanu/ Big Mike Williams vs. Car.
Crabtree @ GB
S. Rice vs. Buf.
Danario Alexander @ Arizona

I could also play 3 if you think one of them is better than playing Gerhart. I'm planning on playing Peterson, so was thinking of Gerhart as insurance at flex.

Maybe that's insanity?! :D I would go with Crabtree and Alexander or Rice (if Harvin is out). SF won't be able to run a lick on GB and needs to keep up. I HATE Crabtree, but he should see the most targets out of this bunch today. As for Donario......I echo Glenn's sentiments (keep in mind that Donario makes Reggie Bush look like an iron man, and could be sporting a cast by half time. ;) )

Keep Gerhart in there. I have AP, and it wouldn't shock me a bit if he were declared out since I need him badly this week.

If Big Mike plays, both of those guys could be 8-10 point guys. Maybe roll with Obamanu over Donario if Big Mike is out (both 4:00 so you will know).

Probably not helpful, but I tried. ;)

mattjb

Week #13 START/SIT...

Post by mattjb » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:28 am

Pick 2

James Jones v SF
Jacoby Ford @ SD
Earl Bennett @ DET
Santana Moss @ NYG
Lee Evans @ Min
Brandon Gibson @ ARI

BillyWaz

Week #13 START/SIT...

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:41 am

I like James Jones and Jacoby Ford out of that group.

I HATE Santana Moss out of that group but have to use him today, and the other guys seem more "hit or miss" than Jones and Ford.

MGB MARTY

Week #13 START/SIT...

Post by MGB MARTY » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:18 am

Hey Glenn
Yes on the baseball. Not sure on Jacobs in Flex Started him last week as the so called starter but can see 15/80 with no TDs. Naanee based on Gates being out and Floyd not healthy think he can go 6/55/1 or Winslow 5/45/1 Kind of like WR in Flex Wish I had Gates Oh well Have Boss. Hate the giants but would rather root for 1 of them Boss as opposed to 2 Good Luck Bud See you for Baseball
Marty