Steven Jackson

TamuScarecrow

Steven Jackson

Post by TamuScarecrow » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:00 am

Can't ignore the injury history here with SJAX (back) and DWill (knee). As someone stated above, the last thing you need is a bust at #1 or #2 which would HAVE to be injury in the case of these 2. The talent and numbers are there if they stay whole.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

kentucky

Steven Jackson

Post by kentucky » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:10 am

Originally posted by Tamuscarecrow:
Can't ignore the injury history here with SJAX (back) and DWill (knee). As someone stated above, the last thing you need is a bust at #1 or #2 which would HAVE to be injury in the case of these 2. The talent and numbers are there if they stay whole. i totally understand, but who doesn't have an injury history or other issue that affects his draft status. we could down the line of every top RB and find something.
bill cleavenger
"BIG BLUE NATION" ... We don't rebuild, we reload!!!

BONGIZMO

Steven Jackson

Post by BONGIZMO » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:27 am

Throwing my two cents in, there are players that I simply will not draft no matter what kind of value there is. My reasoning is based on experience and that experience is the fact that there is no worse feeling than going down in flames with players you didn't like or want but felt you had to take because of where they fell. I would rather have lost with players that I will never second guess myself on years down the road.

EVERY time I have broken this rule, I paid the price and this year it will not happen again no matter who the player is and how many spots below his ADP he has fallen.
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

BONGIZMO

Steven Jackson

Post by BONGIZMO » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:41 am

Ah my mistake, I misread the direction of the thread and thought it was about a player dropping past ADP to 'value' range more than the specific players being discussed. My post was definately general in nature and not a reflection on either SJax or DWill. Carry on
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

Coltsfan

Steven Jackson

Post by Coltsfan » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:37 am

Last night I passed on Gore at 1.6 and took Aaron Rodgers who is far and away number 1 QB this year. I got SJax at 2.9 and the funny thing is that I have Sjax scoring the exact same points as Gore this year. Had I waited and taken QB in the second with Gore in the first the best option would have been Romo whom I have scoring 75 points less than Rodgers. If I was playing to finish top half of the league I probably would have gone the safe route but I want first or last. :D :eek:

I believe it was 3 years ago I was drafting 9th in the main event and Brian Westbrook was making his way towards me and the guy next to me said that Westy was on his do not draft list because he is "injury prone." I never did get a chance to thank him for letting the number one fantasy running back fall to me so late in the draft that year.

Wayne

kentucky

Steven Jackson

Post by kentucky » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:43 am

wayne, are you saying you felt SJax would be there at 2.9?
bill cleavenger
"BIG BLUE NATION" ... We don't rebuild, we reload!!!

Coltsfan

Steven Jackson

Post by Coltsfan » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:51 am

Originally posted by KyThunder:
wayne, are you saying you felt SJax would be there at 2.9? Not at all! I was hoping for Matthews or Deangelo. SJax was just a bonus!!!

Wayne