My Week 6 Vibes

Tom Kessenich

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:33 am

I hope you guys all do well and have great seasons. Good luck to all of you.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

renman

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by renman » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:44 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
TK...in your opinion, who do you deem as the greatest threat to NFFC MB peace and harmony - GG, Renman or Billy Waz?...thanks much...SNAKE Snake,

You must be posting drunk again if you think I have any interest in message board hostility. I am here to rap NFFC and NFL football.. The end.

Tom,

I enjoy these weekly vibes... please keep them coming. On a sidenote, it will be interesting to see if Romo bounces back after this performance. Last year he was on fire to start, had a bad game, and never really recapatured that previous level of performance.

Also, if we ever start another "bad beats" thread. I lost on the last play of the game Monday night game in the wcoff for the second straight week. This time the 50+ yard kick by Folk beat me. usually a 17+ point lead going against a kicker is good... If they had not overturned the TO drop and the kick was 35 yards... I win.

Rough year.

ultimatefs

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by ultimatefs » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:46 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:

This has been, without a doubt, the most maddening fantasy football season I have ever experienced. And I'm old so that ought to tell you something.

exactly..

I have Ben and Rivers, and have yet to play the right one despite the matchups clearly dictating which one to play.

I was watching the PITT game and heard nothing about Holmes. I could have put Leonard in.

In another LV1 game, a team was losing 86-66 going into Monday night, but they had Romo, L.Evans, J.Jones, Dall D all going.

The other team had the Buff D.

They still lost.

The only bright thing last week was m DC team that had MINN on a bye and I had to play BUFF D and Folk.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

williamhare

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by williamhare » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:02 am

Tom-
Regarding Julius, if you put wishful thinking aside, don't you believe what Cowboys' fans
really want is for JJ to be on perched on the aluminum more for the much more dynamic Marion Barber? #24 is FUN to watch, while JJ is a yawner who never sees a 4th quarter call.
HMan83

RiFF

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by RiFF » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:19 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
- in the Monday night game Romo had Jones 5-7 yards in front of him wide open. Instead of throwing it to him, he decided to run and fumbled. I can't figure out why the Cowboys are so afraid to throw it to Jones It seems abundantly clear that Romo has complete trust in Barber and absolutely no trust in Jones. The play calling puts Jones in situations to succeed BUT Romo doesn't allow it as your example points out. Had that been Barber, Romo would have dumped it off to him. There seemed to be at least 3 or 4 times that Jones was the best receiving option in that game and Romo went elsewhere.

Tom Kessenich

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:01 am

Originally posted by UFS:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:

This has been, without a doubt, the most maddening fantasy football season I have ever experienced. And I'm old so that ought to tell you something.

exactly..

I have Ben and Rivers, and have yet to play the right one despite the matchups clearly dictating which one to play.

I was watching the PITT game and heard nothing about Holmes. I could have put Leonard in.

In another LV1 game, a team was losing 86-66 going into Monday night, but they had Romo, L.Evans, J.Jones, Dall D all going.

The other team had the Buff D.

They still lost.

The only bright thing last week was m DC team that had MINN on a bye and I had to play BUFF D and Folk.
[/QUOTE]I had Holmes in one Expert League and got burned by him too. Just complete and absolute weirdness this season. A guy in my main league picked up Najeh Davenport and he goes off. Meanwhile, Deion Branch gets hurt for me and Amani Toomer puts up 0 as my WR5 against the Jets.

OK, maybe I am a little bitter. :D
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:03 am

Originally posted by Hman83:
Tom-
Regarding Julius, if you put wishful thinking aside, don't you believe what Cowboys' fans
really want is for JJ to be on perched on the aluminum more for the much more dynamic Marion Barber? #24 is FUN to watch, while JJ is a yawner who never sees a 4th quarter call.
HMan83 I've owned both guys and I think the Cowboys have a pretty good feel for both. When two different coaching staffs view the two RBs the same way that ought to tell you something. I don't think Barber did all that great against the Bills before the end when he caught a bunch of passes. But he wasn't faring better running the ball than Jones. And Jones was on the field in the red zone late in the game when Romo turned the ball over.

That was another thing that really impacted Jones' potential in that game. He was on the field for at least three of Romo's turnovers. Hard to show anything when your QB keeps giving the ball away.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

LETSROLL2007

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by LETSROLL2007 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:46 am

Julius Jones has waffles for hands. He can't catch a cold. Marion Barber would be the top back in FF if he were to play full time IMO (and ISHO I'll bet)