Favre Returning?

Greg Ambrosius

Favre Returning?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:40 pm

Originally posted by RiFF:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
[qb] [QUOTE][qb]This sounds like....we GB fans are tired of your annual, I'm going to retire-I not going to retire rhetoric. So just retire already and get on with your life so our team can do the same. But by the way...you belong to us, so don't think about playing for anyone else. [/QUOTE]Okay, Rich. I never tired of his annual ritual as the media was more obsessed with that than Favre or the fans. He was always under contract and always showed up at camps, but somehow the media loved to fill air time in February and March with Favre's desire to say he might retire.

I think you're wrong on the last part. If Favre decides to play another season and the Packers choose to move on without him, he can certainly play for another team. It has the makings of a bad final chapter on his storied career, but who are Packer fans to get in the way of someone making a decision to play one more year?? Now if he played for the Vikings or Bears....oh brother, that would be BAD. :D Then we'd have something.

Packer fans are more concerned about winning this year and every year after that rather than having Favre play one more year. We went through 20 years of mediocrity before him, so we just want continued success. And yes, we thank him for 16 unforgettable seasons, but it's time to move on. But if he decides to play somewhere else, best of luck my friend.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

RiFF

Favre Returning?

Post by RiFF » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:50 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by RiFF:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
[qb] [QUOTE][qb]This sounds like....we GB fans are tired of your annual, I'm going to retire-I not going to retire rhetoric. So just retire already and get on with your life so our team can do the same. But by the way...you belong to us, so don't think about playing for anyone else. [/QUOTE]Okay, Rich. I never tired of his annual ritual as the media was more obsessed with that than Favre or the fans. He was always under contract and always showed up at camps, but somehow the media loved to fill air time in February and March with Favre's desire to say he might retire.

I think you're wrong on the last part. If Favre decides to play another season and the Packers choose to move on without him, he can certainly play for another team. It has the makings of a bad final chapter on his storied career, but who are Packer fans to get in the way of someone making a decision to play one more year?? Now if he played for the Vikings or Bears....oh brother, that would be BAD. :D Then we'd have something.

Packer fans are more concerned about winning this year and every year after that rather than having Favre play one more year. We went through 20 years of mediocrity before him, so we just want continued success. And yes, we thank him for 16 unforgettable seasons, but it's time to move on. But if he decides to play somewhere else, best of luck my friend.
[/QUOTE]O.K. ....my bad. :rolleyes:

Greg Ambrosius

Favre Returning?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:59 pm

By the way, it's good to see 55 folks on the Message Boards tonight. I hope I didn't keep you all waiting to give my opinion on the latest Brett Favre wants to play another season rumor. :D Welcome aboard and don't be afraid to jump into any of the discussions. All opinions are always welcome, whether you plan on playing in our contests this year or not. This playground is open for anyone age 1 or older!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

BillyWaz

Favre Returning?

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:06 am

Brett Favre-QB- Packers Jul. 3 - 3:28 pm et

ProFootballTalk.com reports that Brett Favre's agent is privately saying that he wants to play for the Panthers.

There's not really an obvious reason for wanting to play in Carolina, but it's close to his hometown in Mississippi. He clearly feels he'd win the starting job over Jake Delhomme, and that the Panthers have a team that will compete in the NFC. If Favre really wants to make this interesting, he'd play for the Bears.
Source: ProFootballTalk.com

I thought this was interesting, as it was also said that he and Ted Thompson didn't have a good relationship.

Carolina would be interesting that is for sure. All those people who took Delhomme in DC's right now wouldn't be happy, but the Steve Smith owners would certainly be smiling. :D

Diesel

Favre Returning?

Post by Diesel » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:13 am

BWaz, that story sounds too good to be true. Favre saying, "I want to come back, and I want to start for the Panthers"...If that happens, we should all bow in his presence each time we see him... He would then be snapping his fingers like Michael Jordan did in his final year(s) in the NBA.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

RiFF

Favre Returning?

Post by RiFF » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:16 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Brett Favre-QB- Packers Jul. 3 - 3:28 pm et

ProFootballTalk.com reports that Brett Favre's agent is privately saying that he wants to play for the Panthers.

There's not really an obvious reason for wanting to play in Carolina, but it's close to his hometown in Mississippi. He clearly feels he'd win the starting job over Jake Delhomme, and that the Panthers have a team that will compete in the NFC. If Favre really wants to make this interesting, he'd play for the Bears.
Source: ProFootballTalk.com

I thought this was interesting, as it was also said that he and Ted Thompson didn't have a good relationship.

Carolina would be interesting that is for sure. All those people who took Delhomme in DC's right now wouldn't be happy, but the Steve Smith owners would certainly be smiling. :D Without thinking much about it, the ideal spot would seem to be Minnesota from a playing perspective. Obviously it's not close to Mississippi, but they seem better positioned to make a run for the Championship than Carolina.
They have a great Defense and a very good offense that's only missing a good QB.
Maybe he would feel "uneasy" about playing for a division opponent of GB's.
Either way, it would be great to see him return.

Shrink Attack

Favre Returning?

Post by Shrink Attack » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:31 am

Maybe Favre draws the line when it comes to playing for another NFC North team.

[ July 05, 2008, 12:27 PM: Message edited by: Shrink Attack ]
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

liquidhippo

Favre Returning?

Post by liquidhippo » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:49 pm

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Thompson would be run out of Green Bay if he released Favre. I don't care how good the Packers were last season and how good they might be going forward, running arguably the greatest player in team history out of town while he can still play at a high level would be asinine. Finally, a voice of reason amidst the darkness.

Welcome back Brett.

The only question left now is, once the Packers accept the inevitability of taking Favre back, what round do you take him in NFFC drafts?

BillyWaz

Favre Returning?

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:16 pm

One thing is for sure if Favre returns to Green Bay (on the fantasy end)....

All those who took Aaron Rodgers in early drafts (especially as a starter) better open their FAAB accounts!!!

If it was a DC, hopefully you didn't pay too much to get in! :(

And what does this do to Jennings and Driver's value?????

If of course he comes back to the Pack. ;)

[ July 07, 2008, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]