Live Chat With Greg: Wednesday At 3 PM ET

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:55 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by The FF Maestro:
greg, who are your wr sleepers that you can get after the 10th round as a wr4 or wr5 who has a chance to be a legit wr3 or wr2? I wish we could all find those sleepers, but right now you might be able to find them before free agency begins. Looking at our current ADPs, a few potential wr3 or wr2's could emerge if they land with the right team. I'll list them here:

147. Plaxico Burress: Hey, with the right team he could surprise.
160. Mike Sims-Walker: Hey, with the right team he could surprise.
161. Randy Moss: Hey, with the right motivation on the right team he could surprise.
173. Greg Little: The lockout will definitely hurt this rookie, but he easily could be the Browns' primary target.
174. Jon Baldwin: Like Little, the lockout will hurt this rookie, but he's definitely talented enough to surprise.

There are no guarantees on that list above, but we'll find out shortly if their stock improves once free agency gets underway. In the right situation, those top three veterans could be viewed more favorably in a few weeks.
[/QUOTE]I think the idea of Plaxico Burress is bigger than Plaxico Burress, himself. His ADP is going to continue to move into single digit rounds(6-8 by mid August), where he is going to HAVE to produce like you hope, rather than drafting him as a sleeper, like he's been drafted, early on in this off season. Good luck!
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:00 am

Agreed Marc. And Moss is the same way. We won't see much from these guys in pre-season, but we'll hear raving reports about them from their practices and from their new players and coaches. They will sound all-world early on until the season starts and then we roll the dice on them. If we picked them too early, the burn could hurt a lot worse than if we found them in the 11th and 12th rounds during July. Only time will tell, but I suspect both of these WRs will move up as you noted before the regular season begins.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:26 am

Greg, you'll be drafting this weekend...

30% of NFL teams have question marks right now for their running game.

Are you more comfortable having an absolute lock as the sole starting RB on their team? Or would you feel better getting a rock solid wr in the first round? I think the talent pool is deeper this year in both rb and wr, so it seems you can make a draft work either way you start it if your target guys fall to you.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:16 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
Greg, you'll be drafting this weekend...

30% of NFL teams have question marks right now for their running game.

Are you more comfortable having an absolute lock as the sole starting RB on their team? Or would you feel better getting a rock solid wr in the first round? I think the talent pool is deeper this year in both rb and wr, so it seems you can make a draft work either way you start it if your target guys fall to you. Okay dudes and dudettes, let's see some questions for today's live chat. I want to talk some football and I'm ready to do it before hoops in 110 degree heat and even after hoops. Catch me before I pass out. Let's see some questions about ANYTHING you have on your mind. I'll answer them one way or another.

Marc, sorry I didn't even see this question yesterday morning. I was too busy watching Wendi Murdoch beat up some comedian who tried to splash her husband with foam!! :D Wow, give the young wife credit for jumping into the fray to save her husband from further embarrassment.

Marc, you know I will go for a stud RB every time and this year as you say with so much turmoil in the backfield I think it's essential to get a top RB. That's why my KDS would remain 1-4 to start out because I'd just feel better with one of those top guys on my roster. I know the perils of locking up WR points later, but for my money this year I'm going RB in the first round if I'm lucky enough to get an earlier draft spot. If I'm at the end of the first round, then things change for me.

Now, let's get this Chat rolling today. Load up on some questions and I'll do my best today. Thanks all.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:15 am

With the news that Peyton Manning won't be ready for training camp, does anyone feel a little less likely to target the Hall of Fame QB this year? There's no doubt he has plenty of time to get right for the regular season, but it's obvious he hasn't been able to throw since the surgery and even Manning needs to work on his arm strength and timing with the wideouts. I think this has more ramifications than people think. Thoughts anyone?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:17 am

Originally posted by The FF Maestro:
greg, regarding folowing the daily inertia rollercoaster of the cba fiasco, other than playing hoops in 100 degree+ weather, what type of medicaton/drugs would you prescribe to a ff fanatic so that he may properly deal with this never ending and torturous saga? it's really stating to put a serious damper on the annual yearning for the nfl and ff on the part of the hsff players and nfl fans in general. or do you think that this prolonged and pent-up anticipation when and IF it is finally resolved will actually only serve to further raise the interest level of ff fanatics more than ever? Patience is a virtue and we haven't lost anything yet. Once free agency finally hits it will be such a frenzy that EVERYONE will get caught up in the NFL. I don't think anyone should jump off the ship just yet because the season ahead will be so unpredictable that anything can happen. While that's frustrating at times, it could lead to some exhilirating results as well. Stay on board and ride out these last few days. The deal is getting done and that's the main thing.

telestar

Post by telestar » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:21 am

Hey Greg: Did you see this article on footballguys.com? I found it interesting because it compared types of draft formats (snake, 3RR, 3rd round flip, and something called 'double snake") in terms of which draft spot was given an advantage. I am not suggesting, of course, that you consider changing the format this year - but could NFFC ever think about offering different draft formats in different contests? It seems as though using some of these other methods even out the playing field even more than 3RR. I will post the link below if you'd like to look at the article when you have time.
Thanks.
http://subscribers.footballguys.com/201 ... _3rr12.php

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:31 am

Originally posted by telestar:
Hey Greg: Did you see this article on footballguys.com? I found it interesting because it compared types of draft formats (snake, 3RR, 3rd round flip, and something called 'double snake") in terms of which draft spot was given an advantage. I am not suggesting, of course, that you consider changing the format this year - but could NFFC ever think about offering different draft formats in different contests? It seems as though using some of these other methods even out the playing field even more than 3RR. I will post the link below if you'd like to look at the article when you have time.
Thanks.
http://subscribers.footballguys.com/201 ... _3rr12.php Jeff has done this comparison before for FBG's on these various formats. Personally, I think you can definitely get too complicated for the players and even I have a hard time understanding Banzai and the other formats. I suppose you could mix up the orders continuously to try and level out the talent, but after Round 4 everyone's opinion of the remaining players is vastly different and that's the fun of constructing a full roster.

He does mention KDS, but doesn't combine the usefulness of 3RR and KDS. Just giving folks 3RR isn't the same as letting folks PICK their desired spot in 3RR and then forming a strategy around it. For instance, if you give me pick 14 in 3RR I might not like it as much as a guy like Tom Yates, who wanted pick 14 in 2009 and then won the $100,000 grand prize with it. So KDS helps 3RR a lot more than is being calculated there.

In high stakes fantasy football, any format that gives some control to the owners in picking their draft spots has to be better than just straight serpentine. I understand you can win at any spot, but why not do all you can to level the playing field and more importantly let the owners pick their desired draft spots? And it looks like any format that turns the draft order around at least once is fairer than straight serpentine.

I doubt we'll offer more draft order variations, but it is interesting and I'm sure some folks are using these other methods in local leagues.

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:32 am

Greg, who do you like out of these Nomads? Reggie Bush, Ronnie Brown, Ricky Williams, or Willis McGahee?