Message Board Etiquette Rules

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:31 am

Originally posted by Bullgod:
As a guy who posted a few things last year and got "put in my place" for having an opinion, I welcome and applaud the changes. Hopefully others will feel the same way. I think that most of the people that contribute to the MB are knowledgeable and respectful but it would be more fun with more opinions and viewpoints.
As for people complaining you are giving too much information that seems silly because Tom's reviews (32 teams in 32 days) are insightful but again are just his opinion! And he welcomes others opinions too. I've read all of his stuff and any of his facts can be found in blogs,articles and newspapers. There are no more secrets or sleepers in FF and certainly anyone dishing out money to play in a high stakes event will search under every rock for every little bit of information.
Anyway, as I said I applaud the zero tolerance policy and I will post more knowing that I won't get into a p-ing match with someone over my opinion. I think that's a terrible take and you need to be quie.... :D Just kidding! Agree 100%. :cool:
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:47 am

Bullgod and fandango,

Please post anytime you want and if Russ says something to you just tell him to shut up. :D

I for one would love to see more participation! Join in as much as you want.

Wayne

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:08 am

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
Bullgod and fandango,

Please post anytime you want and if Russ says something to you just tell him to shut up. :D

I for one would love to see more participation! Join in as much as you want.

Wayne Them's fightin words! :mad: :eek: :D
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

RC Techies

Post by RC Techies » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:13 am

I like the new rules. I enjoy reading other people's opinions on fantasy football whether I agree with them or not. I think many people are afraid to post because of the fear their insights will be made fun of. And the personal attacks between certain parties needs to stop.

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:19 am

I like you giving us three strikes instead of two :D

The key is when you disagree with someone to post your valid reasons why you disagree with them and not just call them out/a name.

Kudos on the 32/32 and to Perry for his mock.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:23 am

Originally posted by JohnZ:
I like you giving us three strikes instead of two :D

The key is when you disagree with someone to post your valid reasons why you disagree with them and not just call them out/a name.

Kudos on the 32/32 and to Perry for his mock. You just earned your first strike. :D
Good job to you as well, John.

John

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:28 am

Glad to have some of you back - now get over to the "Consensus Mock Draft" to vote,comment, and keep voting.....

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:20 pm

Treat people the way you'd like to be treated.

Never write something to someone or about someone that you wouldn't say out loud if they were right in front of you.

Be humble. Pump your chest and let the world know you intend on winning every league you're in, but feel free to share your downfalls too. Remember, even the best teams are only an injury away from the rest of the pack. King today, jester tomorrow.

Most important...Have fun! You wait all year for this! Enjoy the GAME itself. Don't sweat the small stuff.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:34 am

Thanks all for your support in this area, something that just seems like pure common sense. It's soooooooo good to see some of the old names back on the boards and finding out that you are reading our writeups but just not posting about them. The fear of "being called out" for your opinions is deeper than I ever thought.

These new etiquette guidelines are in place NOW and I really hope to see everyone back on the boards and providing more opinions. I don't think there's any question that our players are as knowledgeable as any in the industry and with a pure open forum we all can learn by discussions that involve more feedback and more opinions.

Thanks all. No tolerance rules apply NOW and let's make this last segment of the NFFC as good as the rest. If we do, I think we'll ALL enjoy the NFFC a little more. MANY thanks from yours truly and Tom.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:24 pm

With the new guidelines in place, should these people even attempt to post?

Heck, if you're being a stickler, this guy better stay away as well!

Being serious......I hope the guidelines stick and the usual suspects let Greg moderate without any interference.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL