LIVE SCORING....PLAYOFFS!

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:12 am

You'd had to have been pretty damned desperate to have started Scaife. Typical in this whacked-out season to be rewarded for it even more than TEs who were drafted much earlier! :rolleyes:

[ December 10, 2010, 07:15 AM: Message edited by: Sandman62 ]

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:27 am

Unless you had a te like z.miller then you were in a pickle and had to start scaife. you make your luck. good job snake.

im sure they will fix the live scoring. fanball has got to know how impotant that is. it zaps the fun right out.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:32 am

Originally posted by Sandman62:
You'd had to have been pretty damned desperate to have started Scaife. Typical in this whacked-out season to be rewarded for it even more than TEs who were drafted much earlier! :rolleyes: Somebody has Tamme the number 1 tight end for the week and he gets 6 or 7 points and Scaife who's rated outside of the top 20 in most rankings gets you 18 points.Crazy but i cant think many played this guy. :eek:
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

particra

Post by particra » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:15 am

It's working now. Thanks guys. Great job

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:17 am

Originally posted by A.A:
Just wondering whats up with the scoring? We get to the playoffs and are unable to keep up with the scores. Not even our own teams.

Is there a timeline for the fix, or a solution for the time being.

AA Sorry folks but we did have a problem with Live Scoring last night. Going forward you will be able to see Live Scoring of each of your teams. This shouldn't be an issue the rest of the way.

As I stated on another thread, we will have the correct teams in each of the separate playoff links today. In the three overall contests, we currently have too many teams in the Championship Rounds as the wild card entrants were not calculated correctly. Look for the right number of teams in those lists shortly.

As for Live Scoring in the overall contests, they won't be in real-time unfortunately. We do not have them set up that way. The scores will be updated each Tuesday morning for every league playoff and overall contest just like during the regular season. I can explain further why that is the case, but just realize that the overall standings will not be updated in real-time. Unfortunately they weren't updated in real-time in past years with STATS either; the only difference being that we did update the standings on Monday morning before the Monday Night Football game.

Again, we apologize for the Live Scoring snafu last night and we feel like we have that fixed going forward. Click on your Live Scoring link for each team to see your team scores during the playoffs. Good luck all.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:25 am

Originally posted by BONGIZMO:
No live scoring does take away alot of the fun that being in the sprints for grand prize money provides.

My question is how is this even possible? It's something all events have and that we had before. I mean how was this technology project never started/completed. It shouldn't have been a surprise that folks find this important.

So now we get the DC experience of wait til Tuesday to see how we are measuing up, very disappointing guys to what has been a pretty good season. :( Agreed, the live scoring and watching the leaders move up and down on every play has to be a better experience and we understand that. As I've stated before, it's something we need to add going forward. But we also did not have that with STATS and I always wished we had it. What we had there were updated scores on Monday morning before the Monday Night game, but obviously we did have live scoring for your league matchups. I am assuming we have that for the playoffs but I'll check again.

It's not that we didn't anticipate this or want this ourselves, but it goes back to the platform we had to use from the beginning to get the NFFC off and rolling this season without a hitch. I won't go into all the details but our move from STATS created timelines that made it tough to customize every feature for the NFFC. We have a stable commissioner product now and going forward we hope to build out the overall standings so that we can add the features you have elsewhere and expect here. But the short timeframe made that tough to do and too risky.

Good luck to all going forward and we'll update the leaders when we can and if I know some Excel savvy owners they will help us too, just like they have in years past.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:26 am

Please try to implement this for next year. Not seeing ANY scores til Tuesday is kinda lame for events of this cost. Sorry to be so blunt, but it was disappointing to go a whole season without live DC scoring too. For those of us who didn't make the playoffs this year, overall consolation and DCs are all we have left. But instead, we're shutout til Tuesday mornings. :rolleyes:

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:36 am

Originally posted by Sandman62:
Please try to implement this for next year. Not seeing ANY scores til Tuesday is kinda lame for events of this cost. Sorry to be so blunt, but it was disappointing to go a whole season without live DC scoring too. For those of us who didn't make the playoffs this year, overall consolation and DCs are all we have left. But instead, we're shutout til Tuesday mornings. :rolleyes: Mike, I think I did say that we want this as much as you do. I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU. Again, for six years previously we never got to that point of real-time standings in the playoffs and I always wished we had it. I understand the thrill and I've been part of that thrill with other contests, but this year with the existing platform we needed to use to get this site rolling effectively right away we just couldn't do it. It's No. 1 on the agenda for 2011.

[ December 10, 2010, 08:37 AM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:54 am

Good to hear that it's a top priority Greg. Thank you.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:20 am

Just a heads up that you can see every team's starting lineup in the Championship and Consolation Rounds like we had before with STATS. That will help the Excel savvy owners and certainly help all owners in Week 16 when they want to track the top teams. Here's how you do that:

Click on any team link within the overall standings

After you have clicked the team link, it will take you to that league's home page. Click on that team again and it will take you to their team page where the starting lineup is located.

Hopefully this helps a little. Good luck all.