How would you feel?

Gordon Gekko II

How would you feel?

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:36 pm

Originally posted by Hard heads:
The Baseball boards weren't enough? i'm asking a football question here. could happen this season. i'm curious how people would feel about it. if that's not too much trouble almighty ruler :rolleyes:

Hard heads

How would you feel?

Post by Hard heads » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:57 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko II:
quote:Originally posted by Hard heads:
The Baseball boards weren't enough? i'm asking a football question here. could happen this season. i'm curious how people would feel about it. if that's not too much trouble almighty ruler :rolleyes: [/QUOTE]Sorry Mark,
I guess I just don't have as much time as you to be on the boards all day worrying about **** like this. Some of us use this as a hobby cause we have 7 day a week jobs or newborns that take all of our time away from it.

BLACKHAND

How would you feel?

Post by BLACKHAND » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:42 am

Originally posted by Hard heads:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko II:
quote:Originally posted by Hard heads:
The Baseball boards weren't enough? i'm asking a football question here. could happen this season. i'm curious how people would feel about it. if that's not too much trouble almighty ruler :rolleyes: [/QUOTE]Sorry Mark,
I guess I just don't have as much time as you to be on the boards all day worrying about **** like this. Some of us use this as a hobby cause we have 7 day a week jobs or newborns that take all of our time away from it.
[/QUOTE]if you dont have the time...which i respect. then you should not have the time to sound so sour. i think this is a good point gg is making and ways to prevent this should be taken. i would hope you agree this is a problem with lowlife owners.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

D-Day Heroes

How would you feel?

Post by D-Day Heroes » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:59 am

Originally posted by D-Day Heroes:
What would be the problem with setting up a program where it plugs in your highest average player for any BYE week Position Not filled 5 minutes before kick-off !

Not just for those guys that quit , but what about for those that have an Emergency . I think this could also include IR .

As much as GG's scenario concerns me , ( especially when playing for the Bg Bucks Like you guys are ), I really do think we have ( From what i have seen ) a really great group of players that would not resort to these tactics. The thing that would concern me more is what if thier were an illness to that manager or his family and understandably would not have this as such a top priority in his/her life at that time. And say it was someone that was shooting for a TITLE , shouldn't we have a program like this for that person . I think so.
" When you are in any contest you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it. "
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

bobsgym13

How would you feel?

Post by bobsgym13 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:24 am

I am a hypocrite.

I roll my eyes every time a new bylaw is suggested and here I go suggesting one myself.

Here is how it could work:

1 - Weeks 11-13 (or whatever period was decided on) each owner has a total of one appeal
2 - The appeal must be made at least one weekday prior to the start of the first game of the week
3 - The appeal can only be for replacing a deadbeat owner's 'starter' who is known to be out on that week
4 - The NFFC would manually make the change prior to the first game
5 - If the 'deadbeat' owner comes back to life, he still has the opportunity to make a change
6 - If his change is to purposefully re-replace a player with one that is 'out', then a ban of some sort could apply at the NFFC's discretion
7 - If multiple owners appeal, the majority rules and a tie is broken by the first to appeal
8 - It would be nice if free agency could be a part of the solution but I cannot envision how that could work

I'm probably missing something that makes this a really bad idea but I thought I would throw it out there. :confused: :rolleyes:

Bob
Luck in FF is like a game of Russian Roulette. The BWaz's of the world only have one bullet to spin - the rest of us have two. It's still mostly luck, but ...
-By Bob (For Gekko)

DOOMSDAY

How would you feel?

Post by DOOMSDAY » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:04 am

what if you feel the need to sit a player to try and actually help out your own cause?

Say you are 2nd in points and have that advantage comfortably by well over 100 points and are one game out of first place record.

Two other teams are tied for first place record with one of them the obvious point leader and well over 100 points ahead of you.

You are now playing the overall point leader in week 13. There is no way you can catch his points and there is no way anyone else can catch you in points.

If you win and the other first place team wins you miss the playoffs because you are still 1 game back and now the total point leader who you just beat takes 2nd place money.

Yet, if you leave out a couple star players to try and ensure that your opponent wins, then you get 2nd place prize money because he beats other team in total points tie-breaker yet you still have clear lead on 2nd most points.

So maybe you could sabotage your own lineup to actually help your cause although totally sandbagging another owner.

Make sense? Possible scenario? I'd do it, f*** the other owner, I want the prize money.

D-Day Heroes

How would you feel?

Post by D-Day Heroes » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:23 am

GG , Maybe I missed it , But i'll ask again ..... what did you do about it ????

Anything ?

Did you
tlk to Greg and Tom ,did you get a satisfactory answer, what did do , ANYTHING ???
" When you are in any contest you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it. "
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

bobsgym13

How would you feel?

Post by bobsgym13 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:54 am

Originally posted by DOOMSDAY:
what if you feel the need to sit a player to try and actually help out your own cause?

Say you are 2nd in points and have that advantage comfortably by well over 100 points and are one game out of first place record.

Two other teams are tied for first place record with one of them the obvious point leader and well over 100 points ahead of you.

You are now playing the overall point leader in week 13. There is no way you can catch his points and there is no way anyone else can catch you in points.

If you win and the other first place team wins you miss the playoffs because you are still 1 game back and now the total point leader who you just beat takes 2nd place money.

Yet, if you leave out a couple star players to try and ensure that your opponent wins, then you get 2nd place prize money because he beats other team in total points tie-breaker yet you still have clear lead on 2nd most points.

So maybe you could sabotage your own lineup to actually help your cause although totally sandbagging another owner.

Make sense? Possible scenario? I'd do it, f*** the other owner, I want the prize money. 5&6 address that very thing.
5 - The owner has the power to change it back (that is part of the reasoning for the early appeal deadline)
6 - a possible ban at the NFFC's 'discretion'

If you have a strategic reason that actually helps your OWN team then I would think a ban would not apply.

Bob
Luck in FF is like a game of Russian Roulette. The BWaz's of the world only have one bullet to spin - the rest of us have two. It's still mostly luck, but ...
-By Bob (For Gekko)

Gordon Gekko II

How would you feel?

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:58 am

Originally posted by D-Day Heroes:
GG , Maybe I missed it , But i'll ask again ..... what did you do about it ????

Anything ?

Did you
tlk to Greg and Tom ,did you get a satisfactory answer, what did do , ANYTHING ??? no, this situation did not happen to me in football. i'm asking the question now to see what everyone thinks. this can (and very well may) show up this year in football.