So, Where Does Peyton Go Now?

kentucky

Post by kentucky » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:44 am

Houston is a Super Bowl contender with Schaub, not to mention a healthy AJ. They just needs to stay healthy. No guarantee Peyton will get up after his first sack. Don't see the Texans giving up on Schaub for another uncertainty.

BTW, how does everybody feel about the kid gloves Manning will be greeted with this year? The first time a defensive player breathes on him, "automatic ejection".. :(

[ March 08, 2012, 07:47 AM: Message edited by: Thunder ]
bill cleavenger
"BIG BLUE NATION" ... We don't rebuild, we reload!!!

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:08 am

Originally posted by Thunder:

BTW, how does everybody feel about the kid gloves Manning will be greeted with this year? The first time a defensive player breathes on him, "automatic ejection".. :( Can't be worse than Brady or Rodgers! :cool:

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:18 am

Is it going to come down to Arizona and Denver for Peyton's services? Could be:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/76721 ... ources-say

Manning going to Denver would push Tebow to Jacksonville. The stars are aligning folks. Man, this is going to be a crazy good NFL season. :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

CraigW

Post by CraigW » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:31 pm

As a 49er fan I sure hope they call and schedule a visit! Him and Randy Moss together? LOL
The Artist Formerly Known as Hard Heads

Money

Post by Money » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:36 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Is it going to come down to Arizona and Denver for Peyton's services? Could be:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/76721 ... ources-say

Manning going to Denver would push Tebow to Jacksonville. The stars are aligning folks. Man, this is going to be a crazy good NFL season. :D This is the out the Bronco's need. John Elway does not want Tebow as the QB. I tend to agree with him. Pay Manning the money and let Tim move on. A big risk, but no team will win the Super Bowl with Tim Tebow as the QB.
Joe

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:51 am

such a strange decision, to go the Broncos. Worse skill players than the other teams he was thinking of going to, worse defense... Elway must have done some might sweet sweet talking.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:06 am

Thomas and Decker can be very productive with a QB who can throw the ball where he's actually aiming and also get past his first receiver read!

And DEN has a very good run game and defense.

I predict Dallas Clark follows Manning by end of this week, closing the last gap for a potent offense.

As for Timmy? Maybe start catching passes from a Jugs machine?

CoMoHusker

Post by CoMoHusker » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:35 am

His decision makes zero sense to me. Why not go to a team that is an immediate contender like the Niners? Answer...95 million reasons. That's the reported figure the Broncos have offered. Five years, $95 million.

I never saw Peyton getting anywhere near 20 mil per year. I thought maybe in the 12-15 range with some incentive options.

The AFC West is a weak division and I think the Broncos just got a whole lot better on offense but if I'm Manning, I'm requesting a legit WR to throw to. I agree that Dallas Clark will be joining him, but his better years are most likely behind him.
Go Big Red!