$1300 Draft Champions League?

Post by RedRyder » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:06 am

To recap those that have posted IN FAVOR of a $1300 stand alone DC league:

Hard Heads
Red Ryder
Follow Me
Old School
Ugly Yellow Tomatoes

Hmm, this is just June, I wonder if others will want one as we move closer to football season...
@RedRyder

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:59 am

Originally posted by RedRyder:

Hard Heads
Red Ryder
Follow Me
Old School
Ugly Yellow Tomatoes

Hmm, this is just June, I wonder if others will want one as we move closer to football season... We did this in baseball with the New York $1300 Auction Championship league and used the additional entry fee as additional prize money in the league. We can do that here, too, no worries. We'll use the same percentage payout and make it work if there's enough interest. KOQ has won the last two $1300 DC's and Lumpy probably would be up for this too as he's signed up for two DC's in Las Vegas right now. Good job Jules.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:11 am

Originally posted by Hard heads:
quote:Originally posted by Sandman62:
You could do TWO $850 DCs for $1700, which is "almost" like $1300?! Yes we could but I have always been an advocate of higher league payouts and don't play in formats anymore where money is taken from leagues and paid out to an overall champion. Just a personal preference and no disprespect meant towards that type of event or anyone playing in them. :D [/QUOTE]Craig, no problem on this sentiment and others may feel the same way. But I do want to point out how we have the overall setup in the DC Championship this year and see if it makes sense.

We are only shooting for seven DC's among all the cities and thus we're paying down seven spots in the overall. My feeling there was that if you won your league title you stood a good chance of also winning additional money in the overall. So last year the league prize was $4,250 and this year it's $3,600. So if you win your league prize you stand a good chance of winning one of the overall prizes plus $3,600:

1st: $10,000
2nd: $3,000
3rd: $2,000
4th: $1,500
5th: $850
6th: $750
7th: $650

So yes, this is an overall contest with some of the entry fee going towards the overall, but if you really think you can win your league title then you actually have a better chance of making the same or more money as last year.

Second place this year pays $1,800 compared to $2,000 last year and third place has gone up from $575 to $900. We chose to increase third place to keep the same percentage of payouts for first, second and third that we have in our main events.

Yes, the entry fee did go from $650 to $850 so the comparisons aren't exactly similar, but my point is that anyone who wins their league again this year should earn as much and possibly a lot more in this format. And second and third place in the league still has worthy payouts.

But good luck in any football contest you choose this year. Hopefully we can sell out all seven DC's here and make this an annual highlight of the NFFC.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:09 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by RedRyder:

Hard Heads
Red Ryder
Follow Me
Old School
Ugly Yellow Tomatoes

Hmm, this is just June, I wonder if others will want one as we move closer to football season... We did this in baseball with the New York $1300 Auction Championship league and used the additional entry fee as additional prize money in the league. We can do that here, too, no worries. We'll use the same percentage payout and make it work if there's enough interest. KOQ has won the last two $1300 DC's and Lumpy probably would be up for this too as he's signed up for two DC's in Las Vegas right now. Good job Jules.
[/QUOTE]If there's a $1300 DC, I want in. Time for the three-peat! :D

Old School

Post by Old School » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:53 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

Hard Heads
Red Ryder
Follow Me
Old School
Ugly Yellow Tomatoes

[/QUOTE]No way KOQ! 3-peat would be quite a feat, but we're going to "Weber" you this year

Notebook!!

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:57 am

Originally posted by Old School:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

Hard Heads
Red Ryder
Follow Me
Old School
Ugly Yellow Tomatoes

[/QUOTE]No way KOQ! 3-peat would be quite a feat, but we're going to "Weber" you this year

Notebook!!
[/QUOTE]:notebook:

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:05 am

Don't want this to get buried.

It seems like the 11am PDT Draft Champions in Las Vegas has more than 14 sign-ups. Some of those have already expressed an interest in playing a $1300 DC (which offers higher league prizes, yet still allows participation in the overall DC Championship).

How about offering a $1300 DC for that time slot?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:17 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
Don't want this to get buried.

It seems like the 11am PDT Draft Champions in Las Vegas has more than 14 sign-ups. Some of those have already expressed an interest in playing a $1300 DC (which offers higher league prizes, yet still allows participation in the overall DC Championship).

How about offering a $1300 DC for that time slot? Yeah, that would be the time slot to make this work and we could even move it up to help the East Coast owners. Start at 1 pm ET/10 am PT on Friday, Sept. 4th. Now go recruit Lumpy, Jules and the rest and then it's GAME ON!! ;)

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:12 am

I wouldn't mind upgrading my DC team to the $1300 if the start time could be moved up so as not to interfere with the NYC Auction championship at 5PM EST.

Would that 1PMEST start allow for enough time or do we need to bump it back one more hour or half an hour?

Also, the league prizes for the $850 now stand at:
1st - $3600
2nd - $1800
3rd - $900

With the additional $6300 in revenue, what kind of league prizes are we looking at?

Glenn

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:52 am

I'm good with a $1300 league.
@RedRyder