Who's Coming To The 2010 NFFC In Boston?

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Fri May 28, 2010 4:27 am

Glad to see some momentum here. As it'll only be the second day of school and a long weekend, lessons and homework shouldn't be much. So let's just pick a good time to enjoy the day/night and I'll give Kevin the whole day outta school. :D

How long does a DC draft take, with its 26 rounds? 3 hours? So a noon draft would have us eating and reviewing post-draft boards from 3-4/4:30? Head over to Fenway by 5 or so and hang out on Yawkey Way eating sausage-n-peppers and drinking $7.75 drafts til gametime? Alternatively, we could hit a restaurant for an early sitdown dinner, then head over to Fenway for 6:30'ish?

We might be able to do the draft at 1 and still fit everything, but safer not to cut it so close and stick with noon?

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri May 28, 2010 4:51 am

Originally posted by Sandman62:
Glad to see some momentum here. As it'll only be the second day of school and a long weekend, lessons and homework shouldn't be much. So let's just pick a good time to enjoy the day/night and I'll give Kevin the whole day outta school. :D

How long does a DC draft take, with its 26 rounds? 3 hours? So a noon draft would have us eating and reviewing post-draft boards from 3-4/4:30? Head over to Fenway by 5 or so and hang out on Yawkey Way eating sausage-n-peppers and drinking $7.75 drafts til gametime? Alternatively, we could hit a restaurant for an early sitdown dinner, then head over to Fenway for 6:30'ish?

We might be able to do the draft at 1 and still fit everything, but safer not to cut it so close and stick with noon? As a teacher Sandman, I can tell you your son will be missing NOTHING important on the 2nd day of school. Probably still going over procedures, a little review from the year before, etc.

A fantasy draft is an EXCELLENT excuse for him to miss (and probably one they haven't heard before! )

kapefear

Post by kapefear » Fri May 28, 2010 5:10 am

Franchise, Great thought....Dc draft, Game On or Boston Beer Works for Mr. SAM ADAMS,Sox vs Kc, then end at JILIANS...3 floors of non stop enterntainment....Guys this will be 1 hell of a weekend, then we have 2 drafts Saturday?

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Fri May 28, 2010 6:56 am

Billy, while I agree with the unimportance of the first couple days of school - esp. when before Labor Day long weekend - my wife is a teacher too and never fond days off. That said, I've already received clearance for keeping him out.

BTW Jeff, the Sox play the White Sox that night; they have KC now.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Fri May 28, 2010 7:30 am

Originally posted by Sandman62:
Billy, while I agree with the unimportance of the first couple days of school - esp. when before Labor Day long weekend - my wife is a teacher too and never fond days off. That said, I've already received clearance for keeping him out.

BTW Jeff, the Sox play the White Sox that night; they have KC now. mike , i will give your son math lessons.....if you have the pats 60 times and lose and you have the packers 40 times and win how much do you owe the bookie.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

kapefear

Post by kapefear » Sat May 29, 2010 3:00 am

Hopefully, Ozzie and Buerhle make it past 3 innings....Just like in Fantasy Football, Boston will prevail over CHICAGO..... Maybe we'll have to add Boston to the Grudge match...Boston vs. Chicago, Vegas, NYC....

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Sat May 29, 2010 11:27 am

I am signed up for NY, and I doubt I will change it, but IF I do...I suggest Fran Blackhand get extra drink tickets or an NFFC hat, because he is texting me every day to try and make me come to Bahhhston....I don't get sick days. This is my main reason for not coming to Boston. I have to work that Friday and then make it to Flushing for the Auction...

Marc
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Sat May 29, 2010 11:39 am

BLAH BLAH BLAH. i told you i would drive. :D :D :D :D

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Sat May 29, 2010 1:05 pm

The absolute earliest I can leave work is 11:45am...half day...

We would JUST make it for the 5pm events AND I'm not in the Mains this year. Would you drive me home to Staten Island and make it back to Boston for the Classic? lol
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Sat May 29, 2010 1:53 pm

alright marco...you got me. your banished to citifield.